ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BCK’s FAMILY. “SPEAKING OUT?”
Yes, per Lauren Del Valle* Tweet: “… The parents of arrested murder suspect Bryan Kohberger are speaking out for the first time in a statement released by his attorney…”
See press release by atty rep’ing their son re extradition, within the Tweet.

Not so sure parents are speaking out, as this was not a live or recorded interview w parents. Not a MSM article. Not a media release issued by parents’ atty or PR consultant. Not even a post by parents on their FB, Insta., etc.

The release attributes the offer of sympathy to victims’ families (not that I question BCK's family's feelings, sure they are sympathetic) and claim of full cooperation, as being said by BCK’s family.

Tho the heading is "Press Release, Re Kohberger FAMILY"(capped, bbm), it was issued by Jason LaBar, Chief PD "Counsel for Mr. Kohberger." Doubt that LaBar is also rep’ing parents or other fam members.

A minor, even irrelevant matter? Not forecasting any impact on crim case against BCK. imo jmo moo
Just noting that Lauren Del Valle’s Tweet said PARENTS were speaking out.
Did atty LaBar take LIBERTY IN DRAFTING this press release?

[[[ETA. Still not caught up on reading, but adding this from subsequent Tweet Sorry no link, atm) by Lauren:
“This is the same attorney that BK used. By taking BK's parents on as clients, he has made himself a witness.
Oops hit enter and didn't finish my thought.
What this means is that anything BK told LaBar is discoverable by the prosecution.”

Me again: I doubt BCK’s parents or other fam engaged LaBar to rep them. I imagine LaBar took some LIBERTY IN DRAFTING this press release. Imo jmo moo]]]

*CNN Profiles - Lauren del Valle - Producer
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos › profiles › lauren-del-valle
Lauren del Valle is a Producer in CNN's New York Bureau.
bolding mine.
You bring up some interesting points !

I'd prefer that LE say they're cooperating ... and not BK's hired atty. alone.
Just saying.
Imo.

Please be careful about making declarative statements like this. Bryan Kohberger has been arrested in this case but he hasn't yet been tried, let alone convicted. At this stage of the investigation we don't know that he killed anyone. We need to let the legal process play out before making definitive statements about the suspect or his motivations.
Yes....so we should make it CLEAR these are our OWN OPINIONS. Simple. That's why we are all here.

It's driving me crazy too. I've seen about a handful of comments mentioning the car was having problems....(mechanical issues?). I've asked for links because I haven't seen but nothing.

If anyone has a link or a direction to point in about this, please reply with it. If not, I promise to not bring up again.
All I can find are many articles stating that BK and his dad “were getting their Elantra serviced at the shop.”

Here’s a link to one: No more arrests likely in Idaho murders, chief tells ABC News; suspect expected to waive extradition

I watch the vigil but for the life of me can’t figure out which guy was mentioned that looks like BK.. can someone help me out. What time stamp was it

The article makes it sound like it was probably cross-country eyeball surveillance, not GPS tracking:

"It's an incredibly complicated, well-choreographed ballet, if I may, of surveillance efforts that would cross multiple FBI field divisions," McCabe said. "Would involve multiple surveillance teams who were following him the key in certain areas and handing him off to new teams." Former FBI official explains how agents tracked, surveilled Bryan Kohberger

To put a tracker on the car, they would need a search warrant (Carpenter v. US --Sup. Ct. decision) and I don't think they had probable cause to get a warrant at the start of the trip. JMO.
The key in a successful moving vehicle surveillance always includes multiple cars utilizing a leapfrog and relay techniques. The very last thing you would want is the subject recognizing your vehicle in their rear view mirror.
And, yes, no way would LE taint their case by putting a tracker on a vehicle illegally.

I agree with most everything you stated. In my opinion, the trial is part of his original plan. I am not suggesting he intended to be apprehended. However, in planning this sick Fantasy of his in advance, he would have to account for the possibility of eventually being caught. Now, the next part of his plan will be to make a complete public spectacle of the trial where he will be the center of the world’s attention, trying to outsmart the science and the prosecutors. I am very optimistic for the prosecutors however. With all of the resources dedicated to this investigation, I am certain that they have gone through every possible angle of attack against the defense could raise to rebut the evidence they have accumulated. That is why I believe law-enforcement has overwhelming evidence consisting of surveillance images, cell phone data, social media connections, and DNA evidence all tying to the suspect. All MOO of course.
I agree with your theory on the trial possibly being a part of his plan.

BK’s deep forensic concentration in the psychology of criminal minds and the law.

Spending years in education learning subjects that had long captivated his mind. Mastering in, Psychology, Criminology, forensics, DNA, and the study of evidence prosecutors use to win convictions .

His attorneys statement,
“ He is eager to be exonerated” and intended to waive his right to a hearing to expedite his return to Moscow.”

Another layer of mystery.

Wait. BK is saying he’s innocent? So the question is, when he asked “had anyone else been arrested” very well could mean there’s another person? Omg help me understand lol
I never saw anything that actually quoted him saying he's innocent, but I did see where his public defender said he is looking forward to being exonerated.

Some may construe both to mean the same but I think accurate quotes are #1, especially because of how many rumors are still lingering.

The key in a successful moving vehicle surveillance always includes multiple cars utilizing a leapfrog and relay techniques. The very last thing you would want is the subject recognizing your vehicle in their rear view mirror.
And, yes, no way would LE taint their case by putting a tracker on a vehicle illegally.
It may be a play on words but LE said they tracked the vehicle not tailed it. I take that to mean the vehicle was probably tracked after the fact and not tailed in real time. JMO

At this point, LE needs the murder weapon. I was thinking back to a post I read on one of these sites, where the author talked about the murderer possibly stomping the knife into the ground….where it would only be found with a metal detector. There are a lot of miles between Moscow and the Poconos. Dad would be the one to say where they stopped, but with this possibility, the weapon could be right outside the house….perpendicular to the ground, under some leaves. Just wonder if they have used a metal detector in all the places he would have gone, since the murder?

At this point, LE needs the murder weapon. I was thinking back to a post I read on one of these sites, where the author talked about the murderer possibly stomping the knife into the ground….where it would only be found with a metal detector. There are a lot of miles between Moscow and the Poconos. Dad would be the one to say where they stopped, but with this possibility, the weapon could be right outside the house….perpendicular to the ground, under some leaves. Just wonder if they have used a metal detector in all the places he would have gone, since the murder?
I imagine the grounds would have received a pretty thorough search.

It may be that he kept it, possibly along with other evidence of his involvement.

I also imagine LE will have checked out secure deposit boxes to check whether his name is on one..

Do feel this one would have maintained a 'treasure trove' of sorts, depending upon the meaning of the slaughter to himself.

I agree with your theory on the trial possibly being a part of his plan.

BK’s deep forensic concentration in the psychology of criminal minds and the law.

Spending years in education learning subjects that had long captivated his mind. Mastering in, Psychology, Criminology, forensics, DNA, and the study of evidence prosecutors use to win convictions .

His attorneys statement,
“ He is eager to be exonerated” and intended to waive his right to a hearing to expedite his return to Moscow.”

Another layer of mystery.
And I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that he'll be writing a book.
(Heck ..even that guy in Brentwood wrote one after his trial for the double murders)

Question for anyone in PA that may know - but could it be that the Elantra had to go through an inspection / smog test to be re-registered for another year? I know in some states kids need to bring their cars back to their home state in order to register it for another year?! It might explain why he drove it back and Dad had this long-planned trip with him?
Just a thought...
Excellent point! I have family in Washington and Idaho and an emissions test is required for registration in both states.

I think that very thing was mentioned in previous thread by someone from PA. Maybe they'll repost to confirm.
I answered earlier that Washington and Idaho both have emission test requirements prior to registration renewals. Pennsylvania does not and is likely why he drove the car home to renew the tags. IMO

I answered earlier that Washington and Idaho both have emission test requirements prior to registration renewals. Pennsylvania does not and is likely why he drove the car home to renew the tags. IMO
That's interesting because neither WA or ID had that requirement when I lived up there. When did that change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member