ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve posted about how strongly I feel that with the DNA they gathered from their discarded items on their cross-country trip, they had their match before they ever even arrested him. And now they have a parents house, his apartment, the car and his workplace to examine all the physical evidence as well as the digital. But, do you think it’s possible that he used things available to him from school to clean up?

I don’t know anything about the chemicals use etc., but, we have all heard of Luminol being used to light up any blood that can be found in say his apartment or car, which there absolutely would be. But could he have taken luminol from the lab at school to use it at his house and his car to help him know where to clean up? Is it possible that he could’ve, and the whole month that he had before he left to go back to PA, clean up so thoroughly that he got rid of most of the evidence? I’m presuming that he dumped the knife & the clothing he was wearing in the hours after the murders where he had all that time before the bodies were even discovered.

It’s an horrifically frightening thought. Is that even possible?
If they found his DNA mingled with the blood of the victims, they have him. It is very likely he was cut or scratched as there were defensive wounds on a couple of the victims and stabbings create a lot of blood, making the knife slippery. Nowadays it's all about DNA.

I'm leaning towards just because BK said it doesn't make it true on the heroin addiction.
Agree. I doubt the addiction story myself. He's reported to have gotten good grades, and a heroin addict probably wouldn't.

It seems as though when any high-profile story like this comes out, suddenly, all manner of folks "remember" sensational stories.

Right now, I'm filing most of those stories on the back burner until we hear some reliable confirmation.

Supposedly he’s been “on the ground, facing the wall, not talking” — it will be interesting to see how this plays out when he gets to Idaho.

ETA: I wonder if the theatrics are because he is upset he got caught or if they are part of some plan he has (either to maintain his innocence or to try and gain notoriety).

Amazing how big of babies these guys become when they get caught. Only tough when they can go after innocent helpless people.

I'm leaning towards just because BK said it doesn't make it true on the heroin addiction.
When asked by NBC for confirmation, appears that his PA lawyer LaBar agrees (seems doubtful about drug use/heroin).

NBC asked LaBar several questions about Kohberger. Such as if he had been bullying people, if he used heroin and if he was suicidal. LaBar said he could not speak to the bullying but that, in his opinion, Kohberger did not seem to be a heroin user, and there were no obvious signs of drug use or thoughts of suicide.

New York Post link to poem info

This poem to me is not simply lacking tact, troubling or out of line, it is sick and shows a lack of empathy.
Who in the world with a healthy mind would write such a thing to be published anywhere that parents of those children could read?

Those with empathy would write a poem to celebrate their short lives, IMO not help people imagine where they are now

JMO
MOO his sounds like acknowledging the deaths and the following desolation of those who loved them with all their heart. Not easy, not quick not celebratory.
I am so sorry for the parents and families, and to add to their pain, the milling about dog on the manger, holding on to the power to confront the gunman, then not doing it, and preventing others from doing it by those with excellent taxpayer funded pensions, salaries, pressed uniforms, overtime and general respect.

Unfortunately that leaves the police making an error, unless it was crafted to bring in tips yet allay the suspect.
MOO The difference in wheels is enough for many to dismiss the car on their ring camera.

I have no idea whether the police would ask for tips about the wrong year of car on purpose but I can't imagine them spending alot of time discussing the pros and cons of that idea either way. I will only say I don't recall any past situations where the police deliberately sought tips on something only close to what they were really looking for. Very much of that and the public would probably start ignoring their requests for tips.

I could be quite wrong but I just don't think the model year issue is a big deal. I stand by my original take that most people aren't going to even pay attention to or get a good look at the hubcabs, especially if the car is moving. Most of the time, when I have seen video captures or even videos of cars where police are seeking tips, the video quality is so terrible you can barely tell whether a car is a Ford or a Toyota. Never mind hubcaps or any other identifying things.

I strongly disagree. I do not see a lack of empathy or the poem as sick. I see a poem about the despair that day at Uvalde caused a nation to feel. It is four lines. It conveys the darkness that settled after the loss of young innocent lives.
I agree.
People from all over the country wrote random thoughts and tributes.
The Uvalde families would likely not read this.

LaBar did state the father and son duo were pulled over twice in Indiana during the trip to Pennsylvania. He also said he was not sure who had been driving.
"I don't know whether they were speeding or not or if they were even issued a ticket," LaBar said. "I just know that they were pulled over in Indiana almost back to back. I believe once for speeding and once for falling too closely to a car in front of them."

I wonder if LE was pulling over white elantras for any reason possible?

If they found his DNA mingled with the blood of the victims, they have him. It is very likely he was cut or scratched as there were defensive wounds on a couple of the victims and stabbings create a lot of blood, making the knife slippery. Nowadays it's all about DNA.
Yes. That’s why I said he’s done between the car, house, all of it. I’m saying in addition to the crime scene, one would assume the victims’ cross transfer of dna is in his apt and car etc. I was asking if it’s possible he used chemicals from school to clean up his apt and car, etc, and really limit what they can get.

Keeping in mind that he is sick enough to murder four people…maybe it is this part of the process that he is really after. The challenge of going through this phase. Every day is a new game for him and inside he’s excited to deal with what the day brings because (in his sick mind) he is going to show just how smart he is when it comes to criminology and be found not guilty.

I have no idea whether the police would ask for tips about the wrong year of car on purpose but I can't imagine them spending alot of time discussing the pros and cons of that idea either way. I will only say I don't recall any past situations where the police deliberately sought tips on something only close to what they were really looking for. Very much of that and the public would probably start ignoring their requests for tips.

I could be quite wrong but I just don't think the model year issue is a big deal. I stand by my original take that most people aren't going to even pay attention to or get a good look at the hubcabs, especially if the car is moving. Most of the time, when I have seen video captures or even videos of cars where police are seeking tips, the video quality is so terrible you can barely tell whether a car is a Ford or a Toyota. Never mind hubcaps or any other identifying things.
MOO it’s a big deal, could get the car evidence tossed unless there is DNA or other evidence it.
The difference between the wheels are immediately apparent.

Agree. I doubt the addiction story myself. He's reported to have gotten good grades, and a heroin addict probably wouldn't.

It seems as though when any high-profile story like this comes out, suddenly, all manner of folks "remember" sensational stories.

Right now, I'm filing most of those stories on the back burner until we hear some reliable confirmation.
I strongly disagree. I do not see a lack of empathy or the poem as sick. I see a poem about the despair that day at Uvalde caused a nation to feel. It is four lines. It conveys the darkness that settled after the loss of young innocent lives.
Agree. There's nothing wrong with the poem. It conveys the author's sense of despair and frustration at senseless killing.

LaBar did state the father and son duo were pulled over twice in Indiana during the trip to Pennsylvania. He also said he was not sure who had been driving.
"I don't know whether they were speeding or not or if they were even issued a ticket," LaBar said. "I just know that they were pulled over in Indiana almost back to back. I believe once for speeding and once for falling too closely to a car in front of them."

Not happenstance. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members