ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post discussing private social media was removed>

plus there's two extra sources, besides Casey, including one from his undergraduate years.

( Ofc he could still be lying about having had an addiction but anyway, here are the links)
Sarah Healey who went to Pleasant Valley High School with Kohberger:

and another person here, Northampton College? ( wished to remain anon)
'
.....didn't interact with many people on campus but was friendly with her, and they talked "for hours" about his struggles with heroin addiction and his weight and kept in touch after they graduated. The last time she spoke to him was on Facebook a little over two years ago. They talked about their futures and what they wanted to do.

"I was looking at my master's program, and he was talking about whether he was going to do the forensic psychology or criminology or both, but he knew he was going for a Ph.D.," she said "And he was always apt to have those conversations with me.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Kohberger, who grew up in the Poconos, underwent the startling transformation before senior year at Pleasant Valley High School in Brodheadsville, losing maybe 80 pounds, Clark said. A fourth-grade yearbook photo of Kohberger shows a smiling, husky boy with spiky hair.

After his weight loss, he reportedly went from victim to aggressor, classmates said.

She said when she had spoken to him at the time, he told her that he was “clean” from drug use.

“It was nice to see him clean up,” she said, adding that he said he was working security detail at a school at the time.

“He seemed like he was better. Obviously that wasn’t true,” Arntz said.

She shared another photo of her friend posing with Kohberger at a party at her friend’s house, noting that he “used to be a bigger kid,” compared to his skinny frame today.

The battle with drug addiction extended into college, a former classmate at Northampton Community College told Fox News.

The classmate, who did not want to be named, told the outlet that the two would talk “for hours” about his weight and drug battle.

I’m not sure if this has been posted since the threads are moving so fast but it appears that him and his father were pulled over twice in a row in Indiana while driving to Pennsylvania.

This stuck out for me: "According to LaBar, Kohberger's dad had flown into Seattle, to Spokane and then drove into Pullman to get his son and drive back to Pennsylvania during the holiday. It was a planned trip." I had no problem with the idea of him flying out and driving back in BK's car, but this trip sounds really convoluted. If he went from ABE in Allentown, I can't find a direct flight to Seattle, and the flights add up to nine hours or so. Maybe he went from Philly? Did he leave a car at one of those airports? Then another 1+hour to Spokane? Did BK pick him up in Spokane and they drove from there? Did the dad spend the night in Pullman before starting this drive? This is beginning to sound like a trip that was "planned" sometime after November 13, for a very specific reason.

OK....so did BK ORIGINALLY DRIVE OUT to WA alone??? If so...why did he need assistance driving back?
Are we still on this topic lol? Who knows. All we can do is speculate. Some find it odd others not so much. How about just as a hypothetical maybe he was had a recent change in meds ( if he took any) and thought it better to have someone with him while driving until he adjusted to the pills. He may have told his father he was exhausted after the rigors of the course work and feared he may fall asleep at the wheel. He may just have wanted company. Why didn’t he fly? Who knows. Maybe he has some type of a phobia. Maybe he is a germophobe or just uneasy/ claustrophobic in airplanes.
The reason will be revealed in good time.
His lawyer says it was pre planned. Meanwhile endless threads go on and on about this - Why? His parents are being treated as victims for websleuths purposes
So it cannot be about them. Just my opinion

That’s a good thought- they (BK’s parents) are going to need/want a spokesperson going forwar
Maybe so, but he doesn't miss an opportunity to talk when asked. Not certain that's a good idea. It looks like he gained a client in representing BCK's parents, if I read that correctly.
The attorney representing BK for the extradition process is a public defender. He’s not soliciting the parents as clients. If you read his statements, they are all boilerplate “innocent until proven guilty,” parents are cooperating fully, etc. All of that is designed to deflect the insatiable media beast that has descended on his community. It’s a thankless job. - Public Defender

If it was a planned trip, that could even be more chilling. Nov 13th as the date to commit the crime, a period of time to observe the reactions of the community and his criminology cohort, and then get out of dodge with a planned trip.

It's possible there was a lot of advance planning on this (with obvious flaws). MOO.

BK's guards say he is curled up in a ball, facing the wall
That could easily be that he is just laying on his bunk facing away from the door and the camera... Speculating here, but I would imagine that is the way most people in jail would act or sleep.
Plus why are these guards giving interviews to the media??

Last edited:
This stuck out for me: "According to LaBar, Kohberger's dad had flown into Seattle, to Spokane and then drove into Pullman to get his son and drive back to Pennsylvania during the holiday. It was a planned trip." I had no problem with the idea of him flying out and driving back in BK's car, but this trip sounds really convoluted. If he went from ABE in Allentown, I can't find a direct flight to Seattle, and the flights add up to nine hours or so. Maybe he went from Philly? Did he leave a car at one of those airports? Then another 1+hour to Spokane? Did BK pick him up in Spokane and they drove from there? Did the dad spend the night in Pullman before starting this drive? This is beginning to sound like a trip that was "planned" sometime after November 13, for a very specific reason.
I avoid flying in and out of small/regional airports. It's very expensive.

When we fly to Wisconsin, we always fly to Minneapolis or Chicago. Even flying to Milwaukee ups the price!

He likely flew from Philly.

If he flew from Allentown, he probably took a flight to Philly or another large airport.

I think some are giving him way too much credit
He had a rep of a guy who is rude to women and has a temper Fox 29 Philly
He drove a white car at night around the crime scene to case it out, and was seen
He drove this white car past home cameras and gas station cameras
He left his DNA at the crime scene
He lived 10 min away
He drove this same car on campus

He left a series of ’research’ questions to help him ’learn’ how to do crime? Weird

He got caught because he left a wake of evidence, despite having degrees in CJ?

I’m guessing there is also phone pings and digital footprint evidence, and then he likely went to the restaurant or bars where these girls went so he was seen and known to be a jerk.

He is not some criminal mastermind like so many are thinking
I think he was tipped in by a classmate or prof

JMO
You bring up a good point. Very simply put. Things we know:
1. He studies criminal science (you know FBI linked him to his PA professor and BTK angle early (once he was on their radar)
2. Steady and credible sources saying he's a little weird or ("off")
3. He lived near the crime (opportunity)
4. He's a loner (fits the criminal profile)
5. He drives a white car (not knowing how/why LE felt it was pertinent but they did - and it was public)
These simple facts along with his classmates, professors, acquaintances being close to the scene reporting a "weird guy who drives a white car and studies criminal science" If LE received only 1 report of him, they'd look, but I'm guessing they received more than one.

Can the legal paperwork be completed that quickly for the extradition? I'm asking because I don't know. Don't governors have to be involved, too? Jmo
I think the only delay here for both ID and PA could be the holiday for the state governments. Otherwise, I think if the ID prosecutor expedited the petition for requisition to PA's Governor, and BK does not contest it, it should be granted without delay, and ID authorities notified that the fugitive is available for return.

ETA: Last I checked, the hearing was set for 3:30 pm on Tuesday, 1/3/23. Also, it's been suggested by his attorney that BK have a psych evaluation but whether or not that will be ordered in PA prior to transport or in ID is unknown.

Last edited:
"Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger was studying in detail how forensics, DNA and other evidential procedures help prosecutors secure convictions just two weeks before the quadruple murders."

We
He definitely appears like he uses drugs and his actions also support that, but I was thinking more prescription type drugs.

However I could be wrong, and he’s just like that normally…even scarier.
ll, it was reported by a friend that he was a heroin user in HS. What effect that has later in life is pretty pertinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia