ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we can move to another topic now. The car debate was tiring me out!
It's tiring me out too but I don't think it's settled just because BKs lawyer said it was planned earlier in the Fall. He could have been lied to. In any case, the airline ticket issue date will prove it. There are multiple possibilities:
1. The car trip was preplanned and coincidental having nothing to do with the murders.
2. The car trip was planned after the murders, in order to have an excuse to get the car out of the area, or because BK needed parental support, or for some other reason.
3. The car trip was preplanned, but the murders were also preplanned to take place on or around Nov 12, with the trip set up ahead of time as an excuse to remove the car/suspect from the area afterwards. It would look normal to leave for Christmas break.

Have thought about cell phone as well. IMO he left it behind. That is something this killer would have learned, not to carry something that tracks and records his movements. But, I do believe in his arrogance he phone-stalked. Also, wonder if the women sleeping in the same bed, was what threw him off his " perfect crime" He is getting what he deserves. And we are allowed to sleuth with common sense (we are not the courts) and so I think he is guilty and now JUSTICE is being served.
If he's guilty, you would think he'd have left it behind, but from what his attorney said about what law enforcement likely has about his cell phone location the night of the murders, it sounds like he had it with him at some point that night. JMO. Lawyer of Idaho slayings suspect discusses extradition

I for one do not believe it until I have another source.

You think so? I thought so immediately as well, but was persuaded by others' opinions. I sincerely hope so and am waiting impatiently to know. Sticking a GPS tracker on his car, though, would have been cheap and easy (and allow them to send teams out to search for evidence disposal at each place he stopped - but the reason I thought they had an actual car following him is so that LE could roll up to every place he got gas/ate/stopped to check the trash and surroundings for evidence).

Oh, I hope so. "Well choreographed ballet" is a phrase that's making my New Year's Day much more happy.

Which he surely had to have (both in terms of rules and everyday reality).

No group of people more likely to turn someone in for not having a permit than other students,
Keeping it simple I would suggest once they "knew or suspected" where the Elantra and the "suspect were heading, they could have situated teams at all points along the suspected route. Cell phone data from any person suspected could have pinged them as well and facilitated the LE's surveillance of said vehicle. Resources are spent on the most logical and anticipated behaviors.
That article is quoting a former FBI agent and I think he's speaking on how it's done via FBI protocol. He's not involved in the Moscow, ID care so he's basically sharing
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
well if this is true, bang goes another hundred speculations from the last two threads ( including my own too)

'LaBar said BK's father flew out to WA to drive back with to PA with him for Christmas break. However, LaBar said that was planned before BK went to WA for fall semester that dad would fly out and drive back with BK'
OK....so did BK ORIGINALLY DRIVE OUT to WA alone??? If so...why did he need assistance driving back?

The driving back with his father discussion is driving me crazy. For all we know, his father liked doing that kind of thing. One poster says they would think nothing of doing it, then another says they wouldn't. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant and impressive law enforcement. No doubt about it. They where "on it".

It will be interesting to learn what lead LE to him.

This guy is living his PhD and will be happy to share his intellect and insight with the FBI behavioral unit.
BBM

Not as happy as I'm sure the FBI BAU would love to hear it.

I'm going to guess LE knew exactly what they were doing in releasing a slightly inaccurate car model year. There is little difference in the body style between those model years, maybe different hub cabs and a slight difference in DRL's.

2013 model
View attachment 391591

2015 model

View attachment 391592

LE needed tips on an older white Elantra but at the same time didn't want to tip BK off.

JMO
I agree. I think they already knew who drove the Elantra but hoped to get tips about the car again for context to build timeline and case.

If he's guilty, you would think he'd have left it behind, but from what his attorney said about what law enforcement likely has about his cell phone location the night of the murders, it sounds like he had it with him at some point that night. JMO. Lawyer of Idaho slayings suspect discusses extradition
His attorney ( at this point, pretty sure that will change too) doesn't have any authority-information ... only what an arrested killer has told him. It is going to be so good to read the indictment and probable cause documents. They were relentless in solving this case, which makes my heart sing. Justice seekers- good sleuths. I hope he did have his phone on him (maybe not a logical plan) which is possible ! Enjoy reading your posts... pause for thought !

The way Bryan Kohberger killed his victims suggests he is an injustice collector. He likely had pent up anger since childhood.

Injustice collectors are known as grudge holders, grievance collectors, or grudge hoarders. They can be narcissistic and it often occurs together. Many injustice collectors are extreme narcissists. Not all injustice collectors are narcissistic. One common characteristic is that they lack empathy.

Examples Of Injustice Collectors
Gertrude Baniszewski
Lori Drew
Jodi Arias
Casey Anthony
Betty Broderick
Pamela Smart
Yoselyn Ortega
Melissa Huckaby
Vester Flanagan
George Sodini
Christopher Darnell Jones
Feng Lu
Elliot Rodger
Andre Bing
James Holmes
Eric Harris
Aaron Alexis
Charles Whitman
Genildo Ferreira de França
Nikolas Cruz
Adam Lanza
Campo Elias Delgado
Salvador Ramos
Seung-Hui Cho
Martin Bryant
Panya Kamrab
David Burke
Andrew Kehoe
Julio González
Timothy McVeigh
Osama bin Laden

Last edited:
MOO, but I think it's possible that the cruiser from the band field bodycam footage liking had front and rear dashcams that could have caught more info about the Elantra, and may have even had a license plate reader.

For those speculating about whether the phone was left at home, the 2015 Elantra did come with "BlueLink" services capability which used 2G/3G technology. Even without an active service subscription, it's probable IMO that the location could ping off of cell towers. Does anyone know if this has been used before in a case like this one?

Exactly.
It's not like nobody has mentioned it.
Now, I'm not sure he stated it as a certainty as opposed to 'as an example' but having said that for accuracy, I'd say it's likely.
I also have a feeling he took film or photographs of his alleged handiwork and a phone would have been the most useful for those purposes.. JMO

Anyone else frustrated by how the media posts so many sound bites on this story but reporters don't even have all the info that's available? It took me like 20 mins to catch up on the arrest and all the details and these reporters are supposed to be following the story and don't even provide accurate reporting... one example that was frustrating was I think News Nation, an "expert" talked about how BK could have discarded the murder weapon "anywhere" on his cross-country drive but neglected to add or consider (if they even knew) that BK's dad was on the ride with him. Like, seems less likely he could throw a bloody knife over the side of a bridge with his dad riding shotgun... sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste