ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's entertain for a moment Kohberger didn't drive his car to the murders, but perhaps he did drive the car through the area BEFORE the murders so his White Elantra was seen, just not that night. Maybe another Elantra was spotted that night.

Entertain the thought that he walked or jogged there and home, and from the DNA results the LEs THEN put out the news about the car, because they knew by then the type of car their DNA suspect drove. Perhaps they used the car info--and releasing the wrong year--as a red herring. The car could have come after the DNA.

Whatever LE did in this case, they didn't tip their hand, that's for sure. As far as I can tell, they performed impeccably.
Can’t fathom it. That’s a 3 hour walk. Don’t think anyone who just committed a murder is going to put themselves out in public like that walking down the road in the early morning hours for all to see.

Still..how would he explain any traces of any of the four victim’s blood being inside the car? Just like he could not send the car to Mars and that’s that. He still cannot excuse the car being in the area during the time of the murders. H
e didn’t offer the car up to clear it, right
A question here for others who know about handprints and footprints: Do the ones made at birth stay the same (other than through normal growth, of course:)

How about the area covered by the “turtle suit”? Would bruising still be visible? (especially the genital area). Will they check him for all of that? I’m thinking as a female here who has taken self defense classes, and taught to use my legs to kick. Especially if on my back.
maybe he slit their throats immediately
No time to defend themselves or scream if they were sleeping. That’s what I’m guessing he did first??

I could not figure out why they made a big deal about the HVAC professionals and equipment at the crime scene. BK and his dad are experienced. I also heard reference to BTK turning up the heat before he left scenes and maybe that also occurred in Idaho (Source for BTK: Rader gave details in letters).

HVac units suck up tiny particles and they can clog up the duct work. It is possible they were looking for anything, possibly some fragments of skin, hair etc.,

I could not figure out why they made a big deal about the HVAC professionals and equipment at the crime scene. BK and his dad are experienced. I also heard reference to BTK turning up the heat before he left scenes and maybe that also occurred in Idaho (Source for BTK: Rader gave details in letters).
Paywall on this link, can you give more info re HVAC? I read about his classes but didn't realize there was a connection.

I don't know if this has been pointed out but if not I will because it is certainly noticeable to me. (from link below)

WHAT DO WE NOT SEE HERE ?

View attachment 391765.

I see no scratches whatsoever. No claw marks, no gouges. Nothing but a slight redness at the very top of the throat. Even under large magnification nothing is visible. The time since November 13th would not be enough to heal any significant mark completely.

We know that the reference "some" of the victims had defensive wounds has always been used. Some is certainly more than one--it could be 2, 3 or all 4. One of the things I HIGHLY doubt is that none of the girls would have attempted to scratch his face in their struggle to avoid death. And the fingernails of females can do significant damage.

So this means that there cannot be any hoped-for skin cells at least from his face under their fingernails because there is no evidence of where it could have originated. The prosecution cannot merely speculate that he covered his face with a mask, the defense lawyer would force them to produce evidence of it.

If the rest of his body looks like this and if they cannot find that mask or prove one was used, this is a problem for the prosecution. It is certainly a factor which is exculpatory.

it is six weeks later. That is plenty of time to heal some scratches. his classmates at his current school have said he grew a beard stubble after the killings

It does in several ways in Idaho. There can be a mental health competency hearing to determine if defendant is competent to stand trial in Idaho. Also there is no plea that is "not guilty by reason of insanity" but there absolutely is a finding jury can make of "guilty but insane" which provides for institutionalization instead of imprisonment
Agree. That is a plea, and the sentence is in a MH faculty.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's odd to me is that they were pulled over for following too closely to a car in front of them. In my driving life, I have never seen someone pulled over for following too close. I have been the car in front many many times and have wished that would happen to the car behind me but alas the wish was not granted. Following to close, or what I would call "riding my rear" is so rampant in traffic these days that if cities, counties or states were to ticket drivers for it, those entities would be raking in the cash hand over fist.
Could this of been staged by LE...have the State DPS pull him over, BCK may panic...see if he does anything suspicious that could give the DPS Officer Probable Cause to search the car, just to see if the knife was in it before he got to his destination and could possibly hide it?

Or another another scenario, staged but set up as welfare check on the father being in the car with BCK?

Angenette Levy is a good source for information

Replying to
@Angenette5
LaBar said BK recalls being asked whether he knew what was going on and he responded by saying something to the effect of "of course I know what's going on I live 10 minutes from this." Then, BK asked for a lawyer
@LawCrimeNetwork
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5
·
Jan 1
He said it's obvious BK is very intelligent. "He’s calm. He’s fully aware. It’s obvious he’s very intelligent... it shouldn't shock anyone that he's intelligent." (he was getting a PhD)
@LawCrimeNetwork
Angenette Levy
@Angenette5

·LaBar said he has no concerns about BK's mental health and is not concerned about taking his own life. Some have said things about him wearing the suicide vest but that's standard procedure in case like this one

LaBar said BK's father flew out to WA to drive back with to PA with him for Christmas break. However, LaBar said that was planned before BK went to WA for fall semester that dad would fly out and drive back with BK. Believes this happened between Dec. 13-16

BK's family is in shock. They can't afford to pay for an attorney for him. It's not clear who will rep him when he returns to Idaho which could happen sometime his week after Tuesday's extradition hearing

LaBar anticipates this will be a capital case. "I don't want Bryan tried in the court of public opinion... Let’s wait until the facts come out. Let’s not assume anything...It’s so important you don’t jump to conclusions.”

I asked whether BK asked police "did you arrest anyone else?" LaBar said BK doesn't recall saying that.

Also, BK is a strict vegan and accommodations are being made for his diet at the jail in Monroe Count
Thank you! That statement feels like it has the same level of transparency that we saw in pre-arrest police reporting of investigation updates.

He's still a vegan, prisons accommodate dietary needs. His father had always planned to drive home with him for the holiday break - nothing to do with the suspect panicking after the car was in the news.

I keep wondering why he chose that day to kill. It was smack between two holidays and if he left for Thanksgiving, he'd need to be back for the rest of the semester. So I went looking around and found the Rose-Mar college of beauty murders. Was he trying to emulate someone else's murders? Pay homage? I know the Rose-Mar was a shooting, but the killer in that one had fantasized about stabbing.

Paywall on this link, can you give more info re HVAC? I read about his classes but didn't realize there was a connection.
Under the Nancy Fox case: "living-room- heat up to about 90 degrees." I can find a better link but this article states how "forensic psychologist Katherine Ramsland has communicated with BTK Killer Dennis Rader, even writing a book about him to help the scientific community and law enforcement learn more about serial killers." She has been in over 200 documentaries. I add this because she taught BK. Apologies for the delay.

Can’t fathom it. That’s a 3 hour walk. Don’t think anyone who just committed a murder is going to put themselves out in public like that walking down the road in the early morning hours for all to see.
Perhaps he parked it closer then, but still proceeded on foot to the house. He could haves snuck about from another location. The walk would have given him ample opportunity to hide the knife and all bloodied outer clothing before returning to his car.

If he slit their throats, would he then go back and stab them?
I never gave it a thought before he was captured, but ever since seeing his face, I have a strong feeling that, whatever he may have done to prevent anyone from screaming, I think he very much wanted to see their faces and eyes wide open in terror, while he was stabbing them. I think that just elevated the thrill for him. JMO

How do you know some of what is said is not true?

How could crimes be solved if people did not come forward with information?

LE then interviews people and can debunk stories as you point out.

LE is still now asking for people to come forward with any details about Bryan Kohberger.

All this information is helpful for the prosecution in building their Case, as the expert in the article made clear.
How the suspect acted in high school, and what his peers thought of him is not evidence, probably cannot be presented in court, and has no bearing on the case.

Last edited:
I’ve thought for some time that the killer wore a suit like the white ones in that video and then shed it outside the house!
yep

I recall so many members like yourself going through all the full precautions that a methodical perp ought to take but since he's been arrested it feels as if he's not as aware as some of the members on WS.

It's going to be interesting if/when we hear the details of major mistakes he may have made.
( Using the car on it's own feels like a rookie error doesn't it? caught on camera in immediate vicinity.
Not checking on say Ancestry, that he has, perhaps a cousin who is a genealogy superfan & who might have done a DNA test, maybe another error?)
maybe he didn't use a full Tyvek suit & mask either?

I didn't know myself, until this crime, that scientists can do 'glove prints' ( I found there's a whole database here in the UK where every type of glove's latent print is stored, so there'll be equivalent in FBI's labs.) Also, because of the thinness of latex type gloves, fingerprints may pass through the material, transferring the wearer's finger prints onto whatever surface is handled with significant pressure)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member