ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he slit their throats, would he then go back and stab them?
they said multiple stab wounds. I don’t know if he went back. I’m assuming he slit their throats then stabbed their bodies. These killers don’t always simply take a single “killshot”

Some gut their victims. Some decapitate and gut. Some strangle then stab etc etc. they’re evil. I’m assuming if they were sleeping and he wanted everyone to stay quiet he would have slit their throats first.

This is what I have thought. I do think he was cut somehow during the struggle because of the element of surprise he encountered when there were 4 people there and not just 1 or 2 of which he went there for.
He could have been watching them that night and have wanted the challenge of killing everyone who was at home, but doing so quickly and not being detected by the occupants or neighbours who might alert authorities of the attack. He had the element of surprise on them, not the other way around. MOO

How the suspect acted in high school, and what his peers thought of him is not evidence, probably cannot be presented in court, and has no bearing on the case.

However, I do not think that Chief Fry qualified his request to hear from anyone who’d had contact with BK. It sounded to me as though he really meant ANYONE.

MOO

they said multiple stab wounds. I don’t know if he went back. I’m assuming he slit their throats then stabbed their bodies. These killers don’t always simply take a single “killshot”

Some gut their victims. Some decapitate and gut. Some strangle then stab etc etc. they’re evil. I’m assuming if they were sleeping and he wanted everyone to stay quiet he would have slit their throats first.

I can't even begin to imagine the evil here. Would be hard to comprehend in my mind.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Heroin seems a bit extreme IMO. I have to say, I don’t know much at all about users, but I would suspect they wouldn’t ‘hold it together’ as much as BK appeared to. And because I know I will get comments on that, what I mean is, would he be able to hold down a job and study if using heroin? Even if the suggestions are past use, that’s a pretty impressive turnaround for someone addicted to arguably the hardest drug of all. MOO, could be wrong.
Just to add, MEO, many, especially the younger users, "chase the dragon," meaning they smoke heroin, not use it as an injectible. My 2 cents. It alters them mentally for sure, IMO, but MOO, they are perturbed already, and that's why they take it. MOO.

Here is the article stating vehicle is not in his name.

No Car
Thank you for this!

Retired Special Agent John MacVeigh told investigative reporter Terri Parker that Kohberger does not have a vehicle registered in his name and no criminal history, meaning while police were running DNA and fingerprint checks from the crime scene on the national database, Kohberger would not have shown up as a match.

Also doesn't say the Elantra in a parent's name. I suppose he could be a joint owner. I'm reminded how banks can only issue one 1099Int to the first account name and how every year I'm still required to report income as a nominee when I'm an equal account owner but do not receive a 1099 from the bank.

ETA: add link from the Monroe County DA which seems to contradict the retired Agent.

Last edited:
I’m not sure this DM story is credible, MOO.
Last I heard turtle suit man was standing quietly in a corner facing a wall or something to that effect? And Monroe County, PA Correctional allows male and female to be housed together? He is admitting guilt too?

Its not all that uncommon for males & females to be near each other in holding tanks or cells. They just can't be in the same cell.

It makes perfect sense to me since he is waiting to be transported to ID and the lady claiming it was only there for 6 hours.

However, I do not think that Chief Fry qualified his request to hear from anyone who’d had contact with BK. It sounded to me as though he really meant ANYONE.

MOO
I was speaking in reference to news stories.

"With assistance from the District Attorney’s Office, search warrants were obtained for the residence of Kohberger located at <modsnip> , Albrightsville (Chestnuthill Township), Monroe County, a vehicle registered to Kohberger, and his person. "
Monroe County DA's office seems to say that the car is registered to Kohberger, imo. bbm

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I have thought. I do think he was cut somehow during the struggle because of the element of surprise he encountered when there were 4 people there and not just 1 or 2 of which he went there for.
I think so too - blood DNA mix, but it could be skin under the fingernails. Although we haven't heard that he had a scratched face after the murders, we have heard that he wasn't shaving.

Four people lived at the house at the time of the murders. Two are alive (1st flr), Xana (2nd flr) and Madison (3rd flr) are deceased. Each of the deceased tenants had a guest in the bedroom.

From the perspective of the murderer, his plan could have quickly turned from 2 victims to 4 victims, especially if Ethan and Xana fought back.

I don't know what the murder weapon looks like, police have said it is a long knife. It's possible his hand slipped down the knife while stabbing - maybe there's DNA evidence in Xana's bedroom?

Is the article about the suspect wearing gloves while driving cross country true? Maybe he had a small cut on his hand that healed into a minor scar? Or was he trying to avoid leaving DNA somewhere?

I'm wondering if Dana Smithers in Stroudsburg, PA was killed by BK. He was right in that area in May when she disappeared.
Hopefully they are looking into unsolved cases that are near Bk’s whereabouts. After Brandon Scott Laverne was arrested for murdering Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, LA, an unsolved case was solved. Lisa Pate was also killed by him several years prior.

I do think the majority of the blood would go in the mattress at first. During the killings the floors or carpets may have had very little blood. But it could go to outside wall, just as roof leaks or bathroom or kitchen fixture leaks can, since where they end up can be based on them running along rafters. If you have ever had a roof leak the source of the leak can be on the opposite side of the house from where it is coming in.

Except you can't compare a leaking roof or fixture with the principles of human blood that reacts differently than water and is limited in the human body and/or not liquid-free flowing as OP's example..

Sorry, I am signing off but this intrigued me. I am no expert in this area but a layperson who has read and heard a bit. Serious question if you might entertain it----you do not think all serial killers are sociopaths or psychopaths? What is odd is many profilers have disciplinary backgrounds in addition to forensics, cj, or psych--the arts, humanities, philosophy and it does seem like an art and a science although I realize diagnostic criteria is important. If BK does plead guilty then you would also suggest that on his confession alone and the nature of the crime, you/we would jump to stating he is a sociopath or psychopath. I ask because people are doing that now all over and it strikes me as odd but the narcissist, psychopath, and sociopath traits and diagnoses confuse me but people, including "experts" call him a narcissist and it is odd. Thanks and good night!
I am no expert I am afraid, except on the legal question of intent in the offence of murder and sentencing under English law. My personal view is just that not all killers are insane per se, and that they are culpable for murder - they may know what they are doing as they were doing it, they may understand it to be wrong as they planned it, but they rationalise it (even if we believe that way of thinking to be a symptom of their insanity, rather than just immorality) and murder anyway.

I have no idea if BK is mentally ill, and nor does anyone else. That will be an issue for a court to determine. He may well have psychopathic or sociopathic tendancies, but don't we all - and many of us still despite all that do not commit murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson