ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho Code is the applicable definition & is different than what you provided.

HTH!

“BURGLARY DEFINED. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.”
Section 18-1401 – Idaho State Legislature
Thanks, and that’s actually consistent with what I posted, (which was in response to a post suggesting that it wasn’t “breaking in” if force wasn’t required). As we’ve both now shown, burglary and b&e are essentially now synonymous, and use of force is not a requisite to the charge.

Burglary vs. Breaking and Entering

It used to be that, to convict someone of burglary, the prosecution had to prove that the defendant forced his way into the building, or that he was guilty of breaking into the building, and then entering it. This could mean that he broke a window or perhaps damaged a door to gain access to the building. Today, however, using any amount of force, no matter how small, can be considered breaking and entering. This can include lifting a window that has already been left partially open, and then crawling through it and into the building.
But, again, burglary is defined as entering into a structure with the intent to commit a crime, correct?

I'm getting confused because people keep quoting me & saying the same thing I've been saying.

This ^^^ guy was a PHD researcher, local to the crime, and he never knew they were looking for an Elantra? wow....
AA, the grad student who lived above him with her husband was a WSU psychology major, as well.
He parked his Elantra right in front of her window, his lights would shine in her home when he came in, always after midnight, and she didn’t see “how all the pieces fit together: his late-night routines, the “lone-wolf” persona he seemed to embody.”, until after his arrest.

“He always carried a backpack around with him. I figured he was just working,” Alvarez said, “with whatever that entails, ya know.”

After the four murders, Alvarez said, she stopped attending class due to the widespread fear in the community. The apartment was her safe place as long as her door was locked.

Little did she know, an alleged murderer had been living above her for over a month after killing four students, and Alvarez never suspected a thing, she said.

I guess people just never think it’s so close to home

Shocked Neighbors of Idaho Suspect Say He Was a ‘Lone Wolf’

AA..first met Kohberger last August when he moved into Steptoe Village in Pullman, WA. He filled the apartment above her and her husband..
She said he would usually park his car right out front of her window, and it was rare to see him home anytime before midnight.
After his alleged murders nine miles away, Alvarez said she never saw Kohberger.
But his white Elantra, which police spent weeks searching for, would periodically appear.
“I always see his headlights flash in my front windows,” she said.
Once she found out Kohberger was arrested and named as the lead suspect, Alvarez realized how all the pieces fit together..

GN, Steptoe Village resident and WSU Ph.D. researcher, said he came across Kohberger a handful of times in the apartment complex and lived on the floor above him.
“There was nothing suspicious,” he said. “I even knew he drives an Elantra, but I didn’t know that cops are looking for a white Elantra. I just knew they were looking for a white sedan, which anyone could have.”
That reads as a far more realistic description of him, sans drama or hearsay to my eyes.
It does like a case of still waters running deep here.

Nobody knew because nobody could have known.
As is so often the case.
IMO

That is what I am saying is possible. If it is impossible to get it from 23 and me, she must have uploaded it elsewhere. I am not sure which site and will ask.
I'm sure someone has already answered you, but I use Ancestry and 23andme and GEDMatch. I've found 3 people's birth parents by them giving me their Ancestry DNA sample and running it through all 3 sites and creating multiple family trees.

I guess people just never think it’s so close to home

Shocked Neighbors of Idaho Suspect Say He Was a ‘Lone Wolf’

AA..first met Kohberger last August when he moved into Steptoe Village in Pullman, WA. He filled the apartment above her and her husband..
She said he would usually park his car right out front of her window, and it was rare to see him home anytime before midnight.
After his alleged murders nine miles away, Alvarez said she never saw Kohberger.
But his white Elantra, which police spent weeks searching for, would periodically appear.
“I always see his headlights flash in my front windows,” she said.
Once she found out Kohberger was arrested and named as the lead suspect, Alvarez realized how all the pieces fit together..

GN, Steptoe Village resident and WSU Ph.D. researcher, said he came across Kohberger a handful of times in the apartment complex and lived on the floor above him.
“There was nothing suspicious,” he said. “I even knew he drives an Elantra, but I didn’t know that cops are looking for a white Elantra. I just knew they were looking for a white sedan, which anyone could have.”
That reads as a far more realistic description of him, sans drama or hearsay to my eyes.
It does like a case of still waters running deep here.

Nobody knew because nobody could have known.
As is so often the case.
IMO
It has been reported that he was a longtime heroin addict. Nothing at all, ever, mentioned BK having any involvement with methamphetamine. They are 2 totally different drugs and have opposite results.

Besides, the majority of drug users that have decaying or missing teeth is because they don't take care of them. Lol

Not being pedantic but it was more accurately claimed by a kind of a friend at the time that he had used heroin at 16 and entered rehab.
No such facts have been verified by either next of kin, LE or a rehab centre anywhere and duration of alleged use never confirmed..
It was never stated that he continued to abuse heroin or any other substances after the age of 16.
I'm not saying he did not use it, I'm suggesting we await evidence.

Definitely within “reasoning” as it’s not too far between locations. There are so many places this case can go. I hope LE has enough to curtail some of the wild rabbit holes before disappearing into each one.

Yet he often went on night runs of 7-miles and more (public statements from a friend). So it wouldn’t be out of his zone. And if he actually committed the crimes he was supercharged and amped with adrenaline - so he could run a preplanned exit route if he so chose. JMOO
too many opportunities for ppl to see him. It would be memorable and odd to see someone running at 3am with murderer clothes on unless he wore running clothes to a murder.

AA, the grad student who lived above him with her husband was a WSU psychology major, as well.
He parked his Elantra right in front of her window, his lights would shine in her home when he came in, always after midnight, and she didn’t see “how all the pieces fit together: his late-night routines, the “lone-wolf” persona he seemed to embody.”, until after his arrest.

“He always carried a backpack around with him. I figured he was just working,” Alvarez said, “with whatever that entails, ya know.”

After the four murders, Alvarez said, she stopped attending class due to the widespread fear in the community. The apartment was her safe place as long as her door was locked.

Little did she know, an alleged murderer had been living above her for over a month after killing four students, and Alvarez never suspected a thing, she said.
AA lived below him.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I have been a news junkie since I was about 12, but the 2 years I was in grad school are a complete blip on my radar when it comes to everything from news to pop culture. MOO
I can see this too....when I was in college, never paid attention to the current news....was too busy with studies, social life....watched very little news on TV.....In fact I think the whole 4 years of the Carter Administration passed by without my noticing.

Present day, I can see it also....I have a neighbor that I mentioned this case to, and he looked at me like I was talking a foreign language...just completely oblivious to current news.

This ^^^ guy was a PHD researcher, local to the crime, and he never knew they were looking for an Elantra? wow....
That's surprising because regardless if he was a Ph.D. researcher or not, regardless if he never watched the news most if not all of his life or not. Most killers follow their crimes in any way possible. They pay special attention, to TV news broadcasts, newspapers, online forums, etc. etc. In order to keep up with the crime he committed.

I'm sure someone has already answered you, but I use Ancestry and 23andme and GEDMatch. I've found 3 people's birth parents by them giving me their Ancestry DNA sample and running it through all 3 sites and creating multiple family trees.
Can someone update me on this? Who uploaded DNA? Amazing that they found this so fast. And it’s crazy to me that so many vilified LE for not solving this case sooner. Hell, compared to other cases this has been pretty quick.

I am not okay with 23andMe and Ancestry. I guess things have changed now, but I absolutely remember reading about a case where LE submitted a sample from a crime scene, not as LE but presenting themselves as a private citizen looking for genealogical relatives etc. They found matches and knew they had the right suspect, then built their case using legal means and legally obtained DNA from the suspect. I assume now that would not be permitted.

Are all of the samples that were obtained before the opt-in off limits to LE?
everyone should opt-in, and I think most ppl have. CeCe Moore says they only do it for violent criminals...I do it to help ppl find their birth parents.

ODD...He knew BK had an Elantra (white?). OK..... and states LE was looking for a white *Sedan*??? I don't know about you, but they were SHOUTING *ELANTRA* FROM THE ROOF TOPS!! Never saw *SEDAN* (four door) used to describe it. Strange. MOO
Exactly some people need to get their heads examined. White Elantra was mentioned so many times over the past few weeks. If that person knew BK had a white Elantra he should have called it into the tip line no matter how innocent BK may have looked or seemed to them.

Such a cowardly little person. Is he now going for the insanity defense? Does he do headstands against the wall too? Never that bright, or smart, only cowardly. And since we are not the courts-of-law... guilty as charged little man. No psychiatric hospital, hard-core prison.

They have special transport for inmates. They don't sit shackled inmates in with regular travelers. Too risky and dangerous.

Air Travel

The US Marshals Service [] operates the biggest prison transport network [] in the world, called JPATS (Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System), headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. JPATS has its own fleet of 10 planes, ranging from a six-person Beechcraft 99 to an MD-80 that can carry about 140 inmates [] . (Yes, it's nicknamed Con Air.)

Remand of Custody
When custody changes hands, prisoners get a pat-down [] . For airport transfers, a shotgun-toting [] tactical team from the Bureau of Prisons is on hand. Someone is also there to oversee the paperwork []. (This includes medical records: If a prisoner doesn't have their proper meds, they don't get to board.)

Security in the Sky
The flight [] our photographer was on had as many as 15 guards. They spell each other every 15 minutes, eyeing prisoners from the front, middle, and back of the plane. Firearms are generally a very bad idea in pressurized cabins; that's probably why our photographer never saw guards in the air armed with anything other than Tasers [].

Seating Arrangements
Inmates travel in cuffs, shackles, and a belly chain. More dangerous customers are fitted with a "black box []" , a plastic casing over the chain linking the handcuffs, to further hamper movement. Lavatory visits require the company of a guard [] , and the door remains open at all times. (Mental note: Never complain again about the indignities of flying coach.)

In-Flight Menu
There's no in-flight movie, and no one is allowed magazines or books of sudoku puzzles. Meals [] are decidedly no-frills affairs. Sample menu: corn chips, turkey bologna and cheese sandwich, cookie, and water. Tray tables have been removed from the seats to preclude enterprising inmates from weaponizing them.

Re-remand of Custody
Prisoners can be marked to denote destinations. (In this case, an X on the hand [] may mean that he is to be transferred to a particular jail.) Nick Cage notwithstanding, the JPATS says it has never had an escape, and that airborne violence is rare. (All in all, better than your typical flight out of LaGuardia.)
Literally had federal marshals tell me last week (upon deplaning, lots of marshals waiting in the jetway) that there had been a prisoner transfer on board my commercial flight from JFK-SJU.ETA—BCK might be too high profile for this, but it does happen.
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris