ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he have a roommate at the time of the murders? I’m sure this has been thoroughly discussed but haven’t seen mention although I admit to skimming.
As far as we know, he lived alone in on-campus housing, an apartment building that appears to have been housing for graduate students. Some with their families/spouses/children.

I am surprised to see the curiosity-seeking volunteer DNA database population suddenly turn into a crime investigation tool. I'm curious whether this is the first time genealogy has been used to trace DNA as soon as it is collected from a crime scene. We first heard about this investigative tool through cold case investigations.

I'm curious whether DNA Database comparison will eventually become the first tool used by investigators in solving crimes: check DNA to find relatives and narrow down suspect. Dystopia, utopia?
if you don't want to get caught committing crimes from your DNA...don't commit crimes! That ship has sailed, It will be increasingly harder to get away with crimes...good.

I think it's important to also note that the Latah County district attorney made the statement about the release of the arrest warrant by Moscow PD and probable cause affidavit prior to the suspect, BK, being served with the warrant and affidavit, BK's first appearance in the 2nd Judicial District Court, Latah County, and BK appointed counsel.

Generally, the prosecution, with the burden to prove the charges filed against the defendant, has no qualms about releasing the PCA but it will likely be released as provided by the district attorney barring no protest by the defense.

We can't forget that the defense didn't hesitate to act last Friday where the court ceased any biological/hazardous clean-up activity at the King Road crime scene from being carried out on Friday, Dec 30.
What did the defense do?

Bryan Kohberger has been charged with four counts of murder in the first degree and felony burglary in the deaths of Ethan Chapin, Xana Kernodle, Kaylee Gonclaves and Madison Mogen.

There are 11 aggravating circumstances of a Idaho murder that qualify a convicted murderer for the Idaho Death Penalty.

Quoting just a few:
(2) At the time the murder was committed the defendant also committed another murder.
5) The murder was especially heinous, atrocious or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity.
(7) The murder was committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, kidnapping or mayhem and the defendant killed, intended a killing, or acted with reckless indifference to human life.
Bolding and underlining by me

The entire list can be viewed at

JMO

Last edited:
I'm sure someone has already answered you, but I use Ancestry and 23andme and GEDMatch. I've found 3 people's birth parents by them giving me their Ancestry DNA sample and running it through all 3 sites and creating multiple family trees.

Gedmatch
Geni - works with FTDNA, but you can transfer DNA to FTDNA and pay $39 to unlock autosomal matches. Geni is the free part of FTDNA. I find it more convenient than Gedmatch, tbh.

My Heritage is its own commercial company, but accepts transfers from 23@me, FTDNA and Ancestry and has tons of matches. They promise to lift DNA from old (affixed by saliva) stamps, so don't throw out old letters. ))

Can someone update me on this? Who uploaded DNA? Amazing that they found this so fast. And it’s crazy to me that so many vilified LE for not solving this case sooner. Hell, compared to other cases this has been pretty quick.
Individuals submit their DNA thru various DNA testing sites for genealogy purposes. Once you get your results you can upload your raw data to GEDmatch which has a large database and has many functions/tools you can use to help you build your tree and find matches. It’s voluntary. At GEDmatch you can opt in to allow LE to use your results if needed. That too is voluntary

For those interested in the process once BCK is delivered to Latah County, Idaho, former Attorney General David Leroy gives a brief explanation.

“David Leroy, former Idaho attorney general, said Kohberger will appear before a judge in Latah County 24 to 48 hours after he's back in Idaho.
"[This gives] the court the opportunity to present to him the arrest warrant, which explains the probable cause upon which he was arrested," Leroy said.

He said the probable cause affidavit shows a crime was committed, and more likely than not, "this individual committed the crime." A possible motive and what led police to Kohberger will remain unknown to the public until a judge unseals the affidavit.

A judge could unseal the affidavit immediately after Kohberger's initial court appearance. If that doesn't happen, Leroy said the public should know the basic facts of the case within the next week to 10 days.”

More info in the article:
Moscow murders: What’s next for Bryan Kohberger?

Such a cowardly little person. Is he now going for the insanity defense? Does he do headstands against the wall too? Never that bright, or smart, only cowardly. And since we are not the courts-of-law... guilty as charged little man. No psychiatric hospital, hard-core prison.
Entin says it isn’t true:

Replying to @BrianEntin
Brian-Can you find out how true this is?? https://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11592607/Ill-cut-Idaho-killer-shows-genitals-jail-rant.html…

I am told this is totally false. It was a different inmate in the jail that exposed himself. And a different inmate screaming. Not Kohberger.

That reads as a far more realistic description of him, sans drama or hearsay to my eyes.
It does like a case of still waters running deep here.

Nobody knew because nobody could have known.
As is so often the case.
IMO

Not being pedantic but it was more accurately claimed by a kind of a friend at the time that he had used heroin at 16 and entered rehab.
No such facts have been verified by either next of kin, LE or a rehab centre anywhere and duration of alleged use never confirmed..
It was never stated that he continued to abuse heroin or any other substances after the age of 16.
I'm not saying he did not use it, I'm suggesting we await evidence.
I’m not sure, but if he was in rehab as a juvenile those records are not available
I do Agee, eventually we will know what said evidence is available

It could be that he used a slang term like "dope" or "crystal" and his friend got it confused possibly, if she wasn't on the up and up with the drug lingo.
AFAIK, needles are only used for heroin...right? She said they got needles for what he claimed was his aunt's diabetes or something.

Such a cowardly little person. Is he now going for the insanity defense? Does he do headstands against the wall too? Never that bright, or smart, only cowardly. And since we are not the courts-of-law... guilty as charged little man. No psychiatric hospital, hard-core prison.
This has already been discovered as not true. It was posted earlier in this thread (several times) that the person doing all these things was another inmate; not BK.

AFAIK, needles are only used for heroin...right? She said they got needles for what he claimed was his aunt's diabetes or something.
Cocaine and meth can also be injected with needles. I don't think he was using them based on what people have said about him being a former heroin addict, but needle usage isn't exclusive to heroin users.

Yes, it has been reported that his phone pinged as often being at the same locations as the victims for 2 or 3 weeks prior to the murders. And yes, it does appear that he may have been stalking his victims but don't forget, we have not seen any proof of that AND BK still has to be considered innocent UNTIL proven guilty, per the U.S Constitution.

In regards to BK breaking into their King Rd house, police have already said numerous times that there was no sign of forced entry so, technically, he did not break in......unless he was "that good" so as to not leave a sign or you know something I don't. :D;)
Innocent until proven guilty has to do with the criminal justice system. Not with how people uninvolved in the case may judge a defendant as guilty before he’s been declared such by a jury.

Can someone update me on this? Who uploaded DNA? Amazing that they found this so fast. And it’s crazy to me that so many vilified LE for not solving this case sooner. Hell, compared to other cases this has been pretty quick.
They were asking how they use DNA to find murderers (I think?) I didn't see the original comment so not sure whose DNA they are actually talking about lol. Databases are so searchable now...it's scary but useful for these situations!

It has been reported that he was a longtime heroin addict. Nothing at all, ever, mentioned BK having any involvement with methamphetamine. They are 2 totally different drugs and have opposite results.

Besides, the majority of drug users that have decaying or missing teeth is because they don't take care of them. Lol

Oh man, click on the NY Post “series of videos” source link to the friend who tells about his alleged heroin use and it takes you to TikTok and if that’s not bad enough, the account has been removed.
Everyone from the Daily Mail to TMZ have a link to nothing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah