ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finishing watching the IN State Police interactions with BK and his father.

Now not to sound like I’m piling on law enforcement, I thought the officers who interacted with BK and his father were total professionals and gentlemen who were totally oblivious of who they had in front of them (the potential danger they put themselves in)

I found it very strange that they didn’t bother asking further questions during the traffic stop considering:

A) The white Hyundai Elantra was the exact make and model of the car that LE was alerted to nationwide/was plastered all over the media.

B) Plates from the area of the country where the killings happened.

C) Traveling interstate West-East (BK’s father even mentioned it in the interaction)

D) BK purportedly had visible wounds on his hands.

Considering BK was stopped twice in the same state on the same trip. Am I wrong to think that the IN police were oblivious?

Wow. Well, we are all so different. Unfortunately, when your son is a mass murderer, you need to expect being inspected, plastered all over the news, and having your own parenting methods talked about. It's one of the main bits of damage that BK has done - he has penetratingly and severely opened up his own family to all kinds of public scrutiny. How could he have expected otherwise? As a criminologist, he should have known that his family would be a target.

It's very sad, and I hope they get professional help.

I've been to many arraignments and other proceedings involving killers (mostly DV) and family members are there, but they rarely try to hide their faces. It's a bit unusual.

I would never wonder why someone shows their face in public, and can't understand why anyone would wonder about it. Many people in difficult situations still show their faces (I'd say most of them do). I'm not trying to throw shade on her - she's scared and entitled to handle this however she can. However, to me, it's out of the ordinary that she did what she did, not ordinary.

But I am in a different part of the US.
To be fair, he hasn't been proven guilty of being a mass murderer as of yet.

In all fairness, we don't know who their son really is either. There should always be a presumption of innocence which is only fair until ALL the facts have come out. This is not to say I think he is innyocent, I think they apparently have enough for the arrest but anything beyond that fact is speculation, rumors, social media post, and media outlets chasing down stories that may not be entirely true. I really do hope they have their man, and I hope this is an impeccable investigation that results in a conviction, however, I'm one of those individuals who likes to see the evidence.
I agree completely. If this happened to me, as a parent of a son arrested for the slaughter of the four victims, I would want people to shut up, have the tabloids shut up, and have everyone coming out of the woodwork with whatever commentary to shut up to ensure a fair trial for my son. With regard to this case, I want to "hear" and "know" everything right now...probably so I can "judge". There should always be the presumption of innocence until all facts have come out, and they have not. I too want the evidence asap, for me to consider. Right now, Bryan Kohberger is simply a person designated as a suspect/murderer of 4 victims. Prove it!

The evidence is now hidden behind a gag order. Unless lifted, it is likely only those admitted physically into the courtroom will know anything about it.
JMO
This is the time to clone Brian Entin or find a local reporter with stellar courtroom tweeting skills. Following mostly federal cases where no cameras or live reporting are allowed, and Colorado cases where cameras in the courtroom are prohibited --except for the advisements and arraignments, a good, local reporter is gold. :)

The evidence is now hidden behind a gag order. Unless lifted, it is likely only those admitted physically into the courtroom will know anything about it.
JMO
Not so sure about that, some of the documents may be available you will just have to go looking for them if they are not released by Law enforcement or the media will go looking for them. Right now there is a gag order it may stay in place it may change. Regardless I'm not the one who needs to see the evidence immediately for a conviction. I do think there has got to be a good bit for this arrest but I don't always presume guilt I do hope however that in this arrest they have the guilty party and justice is done swiftly for the victim's family. I think BK is like an onion there are some layers there to be peeled back. I just wonder that if he had no association with MKXE and he was unknown to any of them, and this was a premeditated thrill kill what kind of evil is in him, did he go from 0-100 or is there more in his background yet to be revealed?

BBM

they probably had probable cause to enter when they did, and a judge approved it. Moo.
After nearly a lifetime of studying the justice system, IMO the fact that they believed they were serving a warrant to arrest the person who they had probable cause to believe committed four brutal, up-close and personal murders, would likely be enough to make them take precautions for the safety of the officers involved, innocent bystanders, and preservation of any potential evidence, to serve this warrant outside of the standard procedure for everyday warrants.

This going to be interesting to see how his lawyers explain the DNA evidence found at the crime scene. I don't know the laws in Idaho, but this were me I'd ask for trial by bench not by jury. jmoo
Usually the paths a defense attorney will try are:
  1. Evidence is tainted because of faulty collection methods so it can't be ruled admissible.
  2. Evidence wound up there because of some innocent coincidence/means.
  3. Evidence was planted and the defendant is being framed.
  4. Ignore all the DNA evidence and paint a different theory.
Normally the paths of attack center around #1. #2 is hard to explain because there's no known connection between BK & the victims. #3 only worked in the OJ trial because the defendant was rich and famous which BK is obviously not. I can't imagine they'll try #4 unless the DNA is so overwhelming they cannot possibly refute it.

Is the gag order only in Pennsylvania or a federal one covering the whole country?

I thought it was issued in Idaho and only covers the prosecution and the defense.

It's late for me today, but I"m sure we'll know more tomorrow. Pretty sure there's no federal gag order as this is not a federal case. The only judge with standing to do this would be the one handling the criminal case back in Idaho. IMO.

I see this very differently. The holiday time will never be the same for his family. He brought them right into this, not as a killer's family that lives in Pa, but where went to hideout (with his father's assistance cross-country), and the absolute shock of LE busting into their home in the middle of the night and going through your stuff. He was using his parents to save his behind.
We agree. I, too, believe he used his dad and his family.

WebSleuths isn't the court of law.
Thanks, you anticipated my response.

BK will have his day in court, and I've no doubt it will be fair and just.
I only wish the students could have somehow escaped or tackled him to the ground, and thus still be alive and well.
On that terrible night, there was no justice afforded to them at all and it's the four who need justice now !
This is a discussion board and as such we are allowed to discuss the suspect/accused.
Even if convicted, the ruin and devastation BK has brought down on all is forever.

Usually the paths a defense attorney will try are:
  1. Evidence is tainted because of faulty collection methods so it can't be ruled admissible.
  2. Evidence wound up there because of some innocent coincidence/means.
  3. Evidence was planted and the defendant is being framed.
  4. Ignore all the DNA evidence and paint a different theory.
Normally the paths of attack center around #1. #2 is hard to explain because there's no known connection between BK & the victims. #3 only worked in the OJ trial because the defendant was rich and famous which BK is obviously not. I can't imagine they'll try #4 unless the DNA is so overwhelming they cannot possibly refute it.

#4 sounds like the SODDI defense.

So posting this again because I think it is extremely telling

Dashcam video of traffic stop where daddy mentions the murders 1:08 - 1:11
BK Dad says to LE :"my son goes to wsu...the shootings,,,,"

something tells me BK lawyer is not being truthful about the "planned " drive from WA to PA ..even the cop says its a long drive and asks them if they ever heard of planes.

the father mentioning to the LE officer about the murders is interesting the say the least
Isn’t the Dad referencing that stand-off where the barricade situation at wsu occurred ?, vs Idaho murders?

So you are dismissing the justice system? You are defining guilt before a trial? I guess we don't need courts then.

Post from admins about this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member