ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. That picture. I wish I was on my better monitor at work, but don't see how the incised line along his wrist is shadow. It could be something other than a wound, but it sure is interesting. On my monitor at home (which is not a terrible monitor - it's a brand new Apple with alleged color correction built it) he has a yellowish area on the back of his hand that appears to have a slightly darker bruise-like part to it, but I'm sure the forensic photographer got way better pictures of every inch of his body than this one. This picture does make me optimistic that there might be one more strand of evidence.

If I were the traffic officer, I'd have been worried by that face - dude looks angry in that still, but I am guessing traffic cops have seen it all before.

Odd that there's so much dirt on the outside of the car.

I could be totally wrong about the mark on the edge of his wrist. But it's suss enough that I'm sure they used forensic camera techniques to get better pictures of whether this is a healing bruise/scrape.

I’m terribly sad for his parents (at the moment, at least — hopefully we don’t find out that they knew anything). You raise a child, you see them go off and accomplish things, getting (or working on) a Ph D, taking care of themselves and making their own way in life. Your son comes to visit and you’re likely glad to have them home.

Then you wake up in the middle of the night to a SWAT team busting down the doors and windows to arrest said child, and later find out they’re accused of viciously murdering four innocent students.

What a mind-eff it must be for them. (And obviously for the parents of the victims! But something about knowing he was with his family when he was apprehended makes me sad for them).

All JMO
To follow up on this great post, what must his father be thinking about the cross country trip he just had with his son. I wonder if he noticed any thing different with him but didn't ask. What conversations did they have?

Copied text of post from previous thread by jaeljoh

“The car appears to be manual transmission. It looks like the top part of the shifter is crushed-- I don't think that means anything; it's just strange.”

It looks like a hole, where a curved cover would go that would be in the palm of your hand when shifting, which is missing.

Google of 2015 Elantra gear shift shows photos of a curved reflective cover on the top of the gear shift.

So the gear shift in the car B drives is missing its cover, looks like.

JMO

Close-ups of BK's hand from the Indiana traffic shot appear to show a healing bruise on his right hand, I believe and possible scrapes (not scratches) on the wrist of the same hand.

Someone with patience will be able to get a screen shot. It's just my opinion.
I’ve read that he took up boxing his senior year of high school…do we know if he still does? I know we’d all love if those were wounds from the night of the murders, but perhaps not?

After watching the body cam video of the Indiana state police pulling over BK in his vehicle, I felt bad for his father who had the police body camera right in his face. I had thought that perhaps they might have hid/obscured his father's face when they decided to release the video, since the father was not driving, and at this time not charged with anything. Seeing as this is such a high-profile case all over the world right now, why not obscure his father's close-up shot in the video, especially with all the care taken to be respectful of the other parents.

To follow up on this great post, what must his father be thinking about the cross country trip he just had with his son. I wonder if he noticed any thing different with him but didn't ask. What conversations did they have?
That was not a short trip either. Probably a dad just happy to be spending time with his son. Ugh.

Oh, I agree.

IMO this Indiana trooper had absolutely no idea that the driver he’s pulled over was a potential suspect in an Idaho quadruple murder.

First, to my knowledge and according to the LE in my family, when a cop pulls over a car, they normally (at least in NY) position themselves towards the rear door, on the chance that a road rage driver, or really any driver, is an unknown entity at the moment.

For the safety of the officer, I have never seen and could never imagine an officer leaning into the car window like he did. Usually they’d ask you to “step out of the vehicle,” and they’d have a hand on their weapon in case the driver and/or passenger turned violent.

Perhaps it’s Midwestern niceties, or perhaps because there was an old
man as the passenger, IMO this trooper was very relaxed. Normal traffic stop, give them a warning and let them continue on.

It’s my opinion but a firm opinion that this officer had zero idea about Bryan. I believe he would have behaved in a much more guarded and self-protective manner if he’d had.

Not chuckling casually about airplanes and so on.
JMO
I totally agree. If that lone officer believed that the driver was wanted for the brutal slaying of 4 kids, he would not have been so casual and so vulnerable, to the driver suddenly reacting with violence.

I really think it was a random stop---possibly checking them out because it was a WA vehicle. Once he found they had just been pulled over already, he assumed they'd been checked out already so he waved them on.

So, someone mentioned near the end of the last thread that it's peculiar indeed that BK didn't go in and talk to the police about his Elantra, before the PCA.

I mean, I bet other people had turned his Elantra in to campus police and Moscow PD. I bet they got a few mentions of that car, looked him up, had his name and then put the pressure on - that most of us will remember. "Will whoever has a White Elantra in the area please come and talk to us." An innocent person would come in and talk.

LEO's that I know say that this raises a big red flag: when a fairly small area is told over and over to please contact LE about a White Elantra (and we all know that only a handful of people can tell the year of the car by looking at it - so I imagine a ton of Elantras of all ages were photographed and sent to LE among those 12,000 or more tips).

So they knew the name of the criminology grad student (criminology!) who was 10 miles away, had an Elantra but did NOT contact police. They may even have figured out that the case was being discussed in his actual classes. And he STILL did NOT do what LE expects an innocent person to do (come in and clear themselves).

That made them look much harder at him, which was the intent of the whole exercise. Then, of course, they had the pings from his phone by the time (Dec 7) that they announced about the Elantra. I believe they had his name by that time.

What they didn't have yet was the kind of DNA analysis that was convincing. Or all the video analyzed. All in all, really a rapidly processed case, considering it appears to be a stranger who killed these four lovely people in cold blood. Or near stranger. I am not into the theory that he actually approached and was rejected by any of the young women until there's evidence of that.

I think he was a marginal loner who couldn't fit in at WSU with his grad student cohort (most of whom already had significant others, spouses or friends), didn't have close friends back home to chat with online, etc. He knew his social skills weren't the best, and resented people whose social skills were better. His internal desire to kill is similar to that of serial killers, so by studying them, he felt a little kinship.

What could he have taken that would result in a burglary charge? How does LE know what was taken?
The Idaho statute which refers to burglary reads: “Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary.” He didn’t have to take anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap