ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. If that lone officer believed that the driver was wanted for the brutal slaying of 4 kids, he would not have been so casual and so vulnerable, to the driver suddenly reacting with violence.

I really think it was a random stop---possibly checking them out because it was a WA vehicle. Once he found they had just been pulled over already, he assumed they'd been checked out already so he waved them on.
Do we know if the car has WA or PA plates? I've been trying to keep up but these are the fastest threads!

After watching the body cam video of the Indiana state police pulling over BK in his vehicle, I felt bad for his father who had the police body camera right in his face. I had thought that perhaps they might have hid/obscured his father's face when they decided to release the video, since the father was not driving, and at this time not charged with anything. Seeing as this is such a high-profile case all over the world right now, why not obscure his father's close-up shot in the video, especially with all the care taken to be respectful of the other parents.

Because body cam video is considered public? There are all manner of youtubers filing FOIA requests and getting immediate access to completely uncensored body cam videos. And not just in this case.

Any criminal who doesn't realize that body cams are now really common and that the information obtained from them is used by the public to document all manner of police interactions is not a very good criminologist.

If you are in public, in a public space, and in the background of a police body cam video (or security cam video or ANY video in public), it's my understanding that it can be used by any other member of the public without blurring your face.

Some nations have rules about blurring the faces of minors, I suppose it's possible some US states do too, but there is no federal law that faces have to be blurred in public photos.

If the other parents were caught on police body cam, they would be treated the same way, I'm sure. But they haven't been.

I’ve read that he took up boxing his senior year of high school…do we know if he still does? I know we’d all love if those were wounds from the night of the murders, but perhaps not?

Maybe they were from the night of the murder, but I'm not sure his classmates wouldn't have mentioned seeing them--unless he had them covered up. One of his classmates said he was "quieter" after the murders, but nothing else. I would think if he had bruises and scratches, some might have been on his face or neck, where he couldn't cover them unless he used makeup, and I'm sure someone would have noticed a guy with makeup.

Then again, we heard some of the murdered students had "defensive" wounds, but I guess that could mean stab wounds in the forearms as they tried to shield their faces or something.

So, someone mentioned near the end of the last thread that it's peculiar indeed that BK didn't go in and talk to the police about his Elantra, before the PCA.

I mean, I bet other people had turned his Elantra in to campus police and Moscow PD. I bet they got a few mentions of that car, looked him up, had his name and then put the pressure on - that most of us will remember. "Will whoever has a White Elantra in the area please come and talk to us." An innocent person would come in and talk.

LEO's that I know say that this raises a big red flag: when a fairly small area is told over and over to please contact LE about a White Elantra (and we all know that only a handful of people can tell the year of the car by looking at it - so I imagine a ton of Elantras of all ages were photographed and sent to LE among those 12,000 or more tips).

So they knew the name of the criminology grad student (criminology!) who was 10 miles away, had an Elantra but did NOT contact police. They may even have figured out that the case was being discussed in his actual classes. And he STILL did NOT do what LE expects an innocent person to do (come in and clear themselves).

That made them look much harder at him, which was the intent of the whole exercise. Then, of course, they had the pings from his phone by the time (Dec 7) that they announced about the Elantra. I believe they had his name by that time.

What they didn't have yet was the kind of DNA analysis that was convincing. Or all the video analyzed. All in all, really a rapidly processed case, considering it appears to be a stranger who killed these four lovely people in cold blood. Or near stranger. I am not into the theory that he actually approached and was rejected by any of the young women until there's evidence of that.

I think he was a marginal loner who couldn't fit in at WSU with his grad student cohort (most of whom already had significant others, spouses or friends), didn't have close friends back home to chat with online, etc. He knew his social skills weren't the best, and resented people whose social skills were better. His internal desire to kill is similar to that of serial killers, so by studying them, he felt a little kinship.
Playing Devil’s Advocate here—he may say he thought because his white Hyundai was a 2015 Elantra, he thought it was outside the year range LE was seeking.

Otherwise, I completely agree.

Close-ups of BK's hand from the Indiana traffic shot appear to show a healing bruise on his right hand, I believe and possible scrapes (not scratches) on the wrist of the same hand.

Someone with patience will be able to get a screen shot. It's just my opinion.
I totally agree. If that lone officer believed that the driver was wanted for the brutal slaying of 4 kids, he would not have been so casual and so vulnerable, to the driver suddenly reacting with violence.

I really think it was a random stop---possibly checking them out because it was a WA vehicle. Once he found they had just been pulled over already, he assumed they'd been checked out already so he waved them on.
If they’d already been pulled over in such a short amount of time, would that be more than a warning for a repeat offense? Also, if the LE was suspect, wouldn’t he have gone to his car and communicated with another LE to verify the other stop? With traffic noise it was hard to hear the conversation.

1/3 Moscow Police will not give specifics about Bryan Kohberger's transportation to Idaho because of security concerns. Once there – he will be served with the arrest warrant for the murders. Then the probable cause affidavit will be unsealed.

2/3 Kohberger will have an initial court appearance where a magistrate judge will explain to him his rights and the charges against him. Kohberger will not be asked his plea during this hearing. This is when a preliminary hearing is scheduled.

3/3 Based on the court orders– it does appear cameras will be allowed in the Idaho courtroom. Once back in Idaho -- we are told Kohberger will be held in the Latah County Jail.

After watching the body cam video of the Indiana state police pulling over BK in his vehicle, I felt bad for his father who had the police body camera right in his face. I had thought that perhaps they might have hid/obscured his father's face when they decided to release the video, since the father was not driving, and at this time not charged with anything. Seeing as this is such a high-profile case all over the world right now, why not obscure his father's close-up shot in the video, especially with all the care taken to be respectful of the other parents.
Agree but it's TMZ. Some other media organisations would likely have blurred out his face

His hands look so purple here. Is it just a case of the handcuffs being tight?
View attachment 392126
Cuffs look tight, also those of us with paler complexions tend to get red/purple easily. Unfortunately that's pretty much what my hands look like if they've been pointed downwards at my sides for a few minutes! Especially if it's the least bit cold.

View attachment 392133
View attachment 392134

"Law enforcement officials broke windows and doors when executing an overnight search warrant in the arrest of Idaho quadruple murder suspect Bryan Kohberger, Pennsylva police said Tuesday...."
When I look at these photos up close, and (another photo on his way in to court), it looks to me like he has on a bullet-proof vest underneath his red shirt. Do you think so too? I'm not surprised if he does... just impressed that the police officers thought of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper