ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, which airport do we think LE might be flying BK out of? The Mount Pocono Municipal Airport might be the closest.
There was an Alaska Airlines flight that left Allentown airport around 6pm ET tonight, which connects through SEA and goes to Pullman/Moscow Regional, landing around midnight. Assuming he isn’t being flown commercial, though, FlightAware isn’t showing anything interesting inbound to Pullman/Moscow. MOO.

THANK YOU. I've been trying to gently push back on the confirmation bias and talk of his "dead" eyes, but I thought I was the only one and I was beginning to doubt my sanity.
Lol. The “dead eyes” is so cliche. I go by face though, which most people disagree with. As I like to say, “he doesn’t have a nice face.”

Smart move to preserve the jury pool and eliminate any defense arguments regarding tainting of the jury pool, IMO. I think LE are taking seriously that the suspect has studied criminal process and procedure and are going to go above and beyond to play this case by the book to eliminate any possible appeal if the suspect is found guilty. As such, expect a first class defense to be mounted, to eliminate any argument about "ineffective assistance of Counsel" on appeal. Just my opinion.

Kohberger's Mom, Sister Emotional During Hearing​

I would cover my face as well. I can’t imagine what BK’s mom, dad and sisters must be going through. To have a son/brother who allegedly murdered innocent university students.
Apparently a sheriff’s deputy brought a Kleenex for BK’s mom. I thought the act of kindness is one that I would have expected.
At this point she is probably hoping and praying, against all odds, against all rational thought, that there's some type of terrible mistake and her life as she knew it isn't ending. You don't just flip a switch and stop caring about a person you love immediately, even if you have every reason to think they did something heinous.

If you thought you knew someone, how could you believe it? It will take time and learning the facts and piecing together what happened before anyone in his family can accept it. His mom and dad also have the heavy burden of realizing that they may be the only people alive not basically wishing for death for their son. Many families of offenders feel like they are the only ones "left" and feel a duty based on past good things to still try to support their family member that's now a criminal defendant.

Last edited:
@Angenette5

Angenette Levy

@Angenette5
·
Moscow PD and Prosecutor Bill Thompson have talked about wanting a conviction - not just an arrest. Selecting a jury in this county will be difficult. But, not impossible. I met 2 people in Pullman who had no idea who BK was. 1 man seemed unaware of the murders @LawCrimeNetwork

Affidavit will still be released.

Can anyone provide info on the reasons that allowed police to enter during the night?
Typically, Pennsylvania search warrants are served between 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Any performance between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. is illegal unless authorized by a judge who determined that the probable cause shown for a nighttime search was sufficient.

Pennsylvania Warrant Search | StateRecords.org

pennsylvania.staterecords.org/warrant

There was an Alaska Airlines flight that left Allentown airport around 6pm ET tonight, which connects through SEA and goes to Pullman/Moscow Regional, landing around midnight. Assuming he isn’t being flown commercial, though, FlightAware isn’t showing anything interesting inbound to Pullman/Moscow. MOO.

Right. I expect they will fly directly from Allentown or Mount Pocono Municipal via FBI/govt-chartered plane.

Annoyed, but def scared too. Good. It’s kind of funny. You cover your face if you’re embarrassed, but she claims to support her son, and his innocence. Those don’t jibe.
Agree. I think he looks like he’s afraid the stop will be have some kind of relation to the case. A guilty person who might be worried gig is up might be extra suspect of an LE stop. JMO

So posting this again because I think it is extremely telling

Dashcam video of traffic stop where daddy mentions the murders 1:08 - 1:11
BK Dad says to LE :"my son goes to wsu...the shootings,,,,"

something tells me BK lawyer is not being truthful about the "planned " drive from WA to PA ..even the cop says its a long drive and asks them if they ever heard of planes.

the father mentioning to the LE officer about the murders is interesting the say the least
The father was likely talking about actual shootings at WSU imo.

"PULLMAN, Wash. — Pullman Police said one man is dead after a SWAT situation that forced a shelter-in-place near Washington State University overnight.
Police were called to apartments on the 1000 block of Latah around 8:37 p.m. on Wednesday night where they say a man in his 30s was threatening to kill his roommates. The two roommates were safely removed from the apartment."

I certainly understand the shock and grief, but I just haven’t witnessed a parent doing this on the first day of court. It’s just not common.
Some people are emotional. Imagine your home being broken into and your son being arrested and suspected of murder of four. It doesn’t seem that his family suspected this and she seems like a sweet person. Give the family some grace.

So posting this again because I think it is extremely telling

Dashcam video of traffic stop where daddy mentions the murders 1:08 - 1:11
BK Dad says to LE :"my son goes to wsu...the shootings,,,,"

something tells me BK lawyer is not being truthful about the "planned " drive from WA to PA ..even the cop says its a long drive and asks them if they ever heard of planes.

the father mentioning to the LE officer about the murders is interesting the say the least
the father is referring to another incident in Pullman 12/15 (unrelated)

I see it pretty good.
The 2015 Elantra is not vulnerable to this. From what I understand Hyundai, and Elantra's specifically did not start using the vulnerable components until around 2017.
That’s what I initially thought till I read this ( I repaired the link so the article is available now.). It’s at

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/hyundai-to-fight-theft-problem-with-security-kit/

Or at least I tried (I’m new and still learning).

Last edited:
When genetic genealogy comes into play, it’s almost always months, years, or decades later. This was as groundbreaking as it was remarkable. I love the way science, and law enforcement is moving.

I know this will sound strange. But his dad will probably treasure that trip. Dad's last trip with his son before his world got turned upside down.
MOO

I wonder if having his dad come out and drive back to PA with him was BK's chance to chat about how things weren't going well for him. He perhaps expressed concern over the recent shooting incident at Pullham, his TA grading situation, the murders in Moscow, how LE was looking for a white Elantra, and how stressed he was because he had one. I think there were several reasons for having dad's company on that trip; sadly, father/son bonding isn't one of them.

I am also curious about BK asking if anyone else was arrested when the house was stormed if, in fact, that conversation took place. BK was contemplating at that point how much he had said to dad and if LE had been listening. I believe he was thinking about his dad, not an accomplice because I don't believe he had an accomplice for the murders. JMO

Does anybody know how to do FlightRadar 24 replays? I've seen some on twitter for the days before the arrest, but not by MSM. They show planes circling right above his parent's house for hours.

The one I saw was for Dec 29 UTC -6:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member