ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along those lines…regarding boxing
IIRC he started boxing about the same time he lost the weight so if he continued to box up until this arrest he has been doing it for about ten years.
I wonder if he has suffered many head blows/ concussions etc and if any have been documented. It will be interesting to see if anything unfolds in this case having to do with possible CTE. JMO
CTE is only diagnosed via autopsy. Can the defense introduce a hypothetical like that?

If you didn't read it, it's a good article. How LE decided to take down BK by night is discussed. However, to capture a suspected fugitive at night, more evidence is required on the PC Warrant.

A group of LE professionals made the decision it was safest, on behalf of everyone involved, for SERT to take BK by surprise while under the cover of darkness. No knock warrant? The team busted several windows and busted several doors so they could rapidly enter the home bc that's their job. They used a copy of the home's blueprints as guidance which I thought was nifty.

Can the family file a claim for damages with the township? I don't know. One would think it could be recoverable damages. It's not the homeowner's fault their kid needed to be arrested.
In my experience the township/LE has sovereign immunity, but a homeowner's insurance policy will pay for the damage, less their deductible. JMO.

I don’t see anything suspicious about that—specially if someone is a literal-minded non-nervous type. “They want 2011-13 Elantras. Mine is a 2015. Wouldn’t want to waste their time!”

MOO

I totally see and understand your point, but the fact that BK was at the King Rd address on the night of the murders AND has a white Elantra (even if its a different year than what LE was looking for)....... I'd be pooping my pants and probably wanting to get rid of the car asap because just those two facts alone would lead me to think LE is not far off the right track and it's just a matter of time before they close in.

JMO

It's interesting you say that. Ever since his photo was made public on Friday, I kept thinking he gives me the creeps, but I couldn't figure out why. It just kept bugging me, but I'd look at it objectively and couldn't point out a reason.

Then it occurred to me. He reminds me VERY much of the suspect in a murder case from the 1980s. Parabon did a sketch using DNA phenotyping and this is what they came up with. I remember when I first saw it, I thought exactly what you did of BK. Clean cut, nothing in his physical appearance that's alarming. But he looks an awful lot like BK. Given the age, it obviously isn't him. But it was similar enough, it made me uneasy.

Wow that’s my neck of the woods

bbm
Thanks !
Even though you weren't replying to moi.

The residence warrant would cover any phones/electronics in the house, correct ?
Asking generally ... as it can vary from state to state, akaik ?
Maybe they let him get to his parents' house so a warrant for their residence would be easier to get with him in it.

Raids at all hours happens all the time.
Entering during the hours that provide as much safety to both the LE officers and the occupants is accepted protocol. Given the circumstances there were 50 LE personnel at 3 a.m. and it was necessary to break windows in order to adhere to the circumstances. The element of surprise coupled with the number of LE is necessary to effect quick compliance without incident.From everything I have read both BK and his father came to the front door quickly and without hesitation.BK would have been placed in handcuffs per warrant #1 while LE had the Elantra placed on a flatbed per warrant #2 and warrant #3 would have taken LE throughout the residence in order to seize items pertinent to the matter.

THANK YOU. I've been trying to gently push back on the confirmation bias and talk of his "dead" eyes, but I thought I was the only one and I was beginning to doubt my sanity.
He's tall and thin with a full head of curly hair and blue eyes. If he didn't murder four people he probably would have done ok on the dating apps. I don't really get the dead eyes thing either. I think it bothers people that he's mildly conventionally attractive and it isn't a crazy-eyed homeless guy with face tattoos.

Are you asking about the extra "probable cause" requirements?

I would think it's use of a weapon in 4 homicides, flight from the place of the homicide, possibility of other arms inside the house not ruled out, BAU says he's a homicide/suicide risk, etc.

Judge looked at the case and agreed pretty quickly, I'd guess.
Typically, Pennsylvania search warrants are served between 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Any performance between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. is illegal unless authorized by a judge who determined that the probable cause shown for a nighttime search was sufficient.

Pennsylvania Warrant Search | StateRecords.org

pennsylvania.staterecords.org/warrant

I think that would be the case for most parents. I KNOW it would be for me. As the story unfolds and the evidence is presented that's when you choose to believe it or not. And you try to come to terms with what your child has done. Sad all the way around.
Ted Bundy's mom never accepted her son was guilty even though he actually confessed.

Let me know if you finds his boxing record. Id love to see it.
If he did box competitively, you should be able to find that.
Maybe some sparring? I can't see him fighting professionally. I can imagine him sparring for fighting experience in the real world.

IMO, there would not be any injuries visible on brief body cam footage taken one month after the murder that would not have been very obvious to students, classmates or neighbors in the early days. Students have commented on many aspects of his appearance and demeanor in those days, but to my knowledge none have said he had visible injuries.

At this point she is probably hoping and praying, against all odds, against all rational thought, that there's some type of terrible mistake and her life as she knew it isn't ending. You don't just flip and switch and stop caring about a person you love immediately, even if you have every reason to think they did something heinous.

If you thought you knew someone, how could you believe it? It will take time and learning the facts and piecing together what happened before anyone in his family can accept it. His mom and dad also have the heavy burden of realizing that they may be the only people alive not basically wishing for death for their son. Many families of victims feel like they are the only ones "left" and feel a duty based on past good things to still try to support their family member that's now a criminal defendant.
Well said!

He's tall and thin with a full head of curly hair and blue eyes. If he didn't murder four people he probably would have done ok on the dating apps. I don't really get the dead eyes thing either. I think it bothers people that he's mildly conventionally attractive and it isn't a crazy-eyed homeless guy with face tattoos.
My friend messaged me earlier and said how she was surprised at how attractive he is.

BLECH

"Stipulation of the parties" means both sides agreed to the gag order.

I truly expect the defense will motion the AA remain sealed until the preliminary hearing complete.

When arguments are heard, the prosecutor will go on record as deferring to whatever pleases the court, and if the defense motion is granted, we will see a similar order that the AA will remain sealed until x days after the preliminary hearing by "stipulation of the parties."

This is becoming increasingly more common in the western states -- especially where grand jury indictments are sparse. MOO

I truly expect the defense will motion the AA remain sealed until the preliminary hearing complete.

When arguments are heard, the prosecutor will go on record as deferring to whatever pleases the court, and if the defense motion is granted, we will see a similar order that the AA will remain sealed until x days after the preliminary hearing by "stipulation of the parties."

This is becoming increasingly more common in the western states -- especially where grand jury indictments are sparse. MOO
Great, Colorado all over again.

Entirely possible!
I’ll be honest after watching the body cam footage once and hearing the press conference after hearing discuss very few officers not on the case knew he was a suspect I thought it was unlikely the officer knew anything about who he pulled over.

However I keep reading and seeing everyone’s take on body cam footage thinking otherwise … that they may have just had a BOLO - and had to report back info.. etc. I decided to watch again. Ended up watching 3 times.

I find it very interesting BK and his father seem to immediately say we were just pulled over…. Ask why are they being pulled over again… somewhat suspicious in my opinion and probably very concerning to BK.

If a normal person gets pulled over for following too close and speeding… they don’t immediately gun it and do the same thing right after unless there is a reason.

I think first time getting pulled over did spook him…

And I think second cop may indeed have been checking him out to relay info back… possibly reassure him and calm him down.

Moo- My change in thought is always due to the last question the officer asks “that’s quite a trip/long drive… are you guys afraid to fly?” And it sounds almost like he’s fishing for more information on why aren’t you flying and in a way asking if he doesn’t plan to return to WSU? More so fishing for that last question with the first.

Again, I could be misinterpreting that last interaction in body cam footage..

Am I way off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member