ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think he'd be more careful.

Bundy got caught in Florida by a traffic cop. Ted was smoking dope and cruising around with his headlights off. Strange.
Can you imagine what must have been going through BK’s head when those flashing lights came on behind him when he was pulled over? Probably thought he was caught, then elated to only have it be a traffic stop. Until 10 min later he’s pulled over again, probably wondering if a hit just came back on his name?

I'm responding again because I just remembered another situation way back in the 90s (when I'd regularly listen to police scanners).

There were FBI or DEA agents that were tracking somebody and they did recruit the help of our city police helicopter to keep an eye on the guy. Their communications were on a private channel. Other patrol officers, did not know anything about it, at the time.

So IDK, maybe it is possible that the FBI, or whomever was tracking BK, could have alerted the officers that worked that specific beat to keep an eye out.

Not saying this is what happened. Just saying it's possible.
yes I believe one if not both stops were orchestrated. The comment about airplanes? That was sus, as the kiddos say.

I saw a report that they utilized Genealogy testing, in order to match the suspect to the crime scene. Would this not mean that they utilized something similar to Ancestry.com? Genealogists able to identify Bryan Kohberger as Idaho murder suspect within days
I'm sure a DNA service such as Gedmatch was used. After his DNA was sequenced, the raw DNA could be uploaded to that site and chromosomes are compared with matches. They are looking for high matches. If a family tree is connected to those matches who are closely related to the suspect, it's useful in the search. Otherwise, they will build family trees based on the high matches.

Don’t they also approach on the drivers side? I thought passenger side was odd.
The way Bryan pulled over did not leave a safe distance for the trooper to approach on the drivers side. Intentional maybe? I thought it was odd that he didn’t pull over further on the right shoulder. All those cars and 18 wheelers zipping by? So dangerous.

I'm OOTL. Was Kaylee just there visiting? Or did she live in the house? I'm confused about her timeline.
K had just moved out a few weeks before, to be home for the holidays before doing some traveling and starting a new job in TX in February, and was no longer attending school on campus or living there. She supposedly came back that weekend to show M her new vehicle, and probably have a last hurrah with her buddies -- there was a football game that weekend and several events for the Greek societies they were all in. This gathered from what has been published on MSM. JMOO

Regarding the genetic genealogy...please keep in mind Bryan is young, white and from a middle class family. While this seems like stereotyping, it actually makes him much more likely to be identified by a DNA match than a 40 year old sample from a low income, indigenous female. There are a dozen reasons why, most importantly number of likely matches available. Think of how many close family members you have (siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins) all of these are significant matches that only require going back 2 generations. With the resources available today, if you give me your basic information, I can have a 2 generation tree built in a couple hours. Now compare this to the first DNADoe listing. The closets match has 48cm, that is likely a 3rd-4th cousin. That is a large tree to build, not to mention you are not certain once going back that far, which line you are looking for to match the unknown. What if there are adoptions or you can't find the records? It is a massive undertaking, which can take a considerable amount of time.
There is also the possibility that Bryan himself uploaded his DNA...instant match.
My point being, there are so many comments about how amazed they are that this happened so quick. I wanted to point out that there is a significant difference between this type of match and what DNADoe, Parabon, Ortham, etc. are working with on a daily basis, as the likelihood of having the data available to make a quick match is much greater.

K had just moved out a few weeks before, to be home for the holidays before doing some traveling and starting a new job in TX in February, and was no longer attending school on campus or living there. She supposedly came back that weekend to show M her new vehicle, and probably have a last hurrah with her buddies -- there was a football game that weekend and several events for the Greek societies they were all in. This gathered from what has been published on MSM. JMOO
Ahh. So, did she finish school last semester and live there for the summer? Was anyone in the house this summer? Or did the trimester end for TG? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for the info. I'm sorry if this has been gone over to death already.

Can you imagine what must have been going through BK’s head when those flashing lights came on behind him when he was pulled over? Probably thought he was caught, then elated to only have it be a traffic stop. Until 10 min later he’s pulled over again, probably wondering if a hit just came back on his name?
I think the second traffic stop on BK's Elantra while he and his dad were enroute to PA was to make sure BK was still in the car. No doubt he was sweating blood after the first. I am so in awe of LE's work on this case, their plan and how they carried it out. From the start, it seems, they resolved those 4 young victims would have justice.

Have you ever paused a movie or a gameshow and happened to catch the actor looking like they are stoned out of their minds, blind drunk, comatose or missing more than a few brain cells? I find it difficult to gauge someone's state of mind based on that screen grab. Although I'm sure he was in a heightened state of anxiety after already being stopped.
Hmmm...that's quite similar to speculating which word I was thinking other than defiant ironically.;)

Or he stitched himself up so he wouldn't have to go to a doctor or the hospital. JMOO
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure he's smart enough to know how to do it where it would heal with minimal to no scarring. That, along with keeping the wound clean & giving it TLC, I believe could help it heal fast and completely with very little noticeable marks.

But then it would also depend on how deep the wounds are. Superficial scratches could leave no evidence if cared for properly. Deeper wounds, maybe not so much.

JMO

Ahh. So, did she finish school last semester and live there for the summer? Was anyone in the house this summer? Or did the trimester end for TG? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for the info. I'm sorry if this has been gone over to death already.
From what's been reported, K was not done done with school and still lived there in the Fall, but she was able to finish her course work or senior project work remotely, and had just landed a job and was eager to move on, so she moved home a few weeks before the murders. Haven't seen any info about who was there living in the house in the Summer, but there would have been a changing of the 6 renters, because the 2 people living on the 1st floor were freshmen who started in the Fall, and there was an empty bedroom on the 3rd floor that someone had rented previously and wasn't occupied at the time of the murders. mooo

It’s not really, it’s a perfectly normal response to someone telling you they’re driving 2000+ miles. Loads of people on here had the same reaction.
As a person who hates to fly, I had wondered if he had a fear of flying. I was also thinking how great it would be if he does have a fear, that he has to fly back. I'm sure it's a 4 or 5 hour flight!!

I’d hope any male getting his hand stitched up in the area in the days after these murders would have been scrutinized.
Could have been an early lead, but healthcare providers are bound by HIPPA. The courts will most likely be issuing subpoenas to any factions of his previous medical care teams.

From what's been reported, K was not done done with school and still lived there in the Fall, but she was able to finish her course work or senior project work remotely, and had just landed a job and was eager to move on, so she moved home a few weeks before the murders. Haven't seen any info about who was there living in the house in the Summer, but there would have been a changing of the 6 renters, because the 2 people living on the 1st floor were freshmen who started in the Fall, and there was an empty bedroom on the 3rd floor that someone had rented previously and wasn't occupied at the time of the murders. mooo
Ahh ok, thank you for that! I'm trying to figure out of Bryan knew one or all of them before Nov and if he knew them in the summer etc. or if he just started thinking about it/formulating it in September.

My impression is more that here is a middle-aged or older woman, who a week ago was living an ordinary, mundane life in a rural part of Pennsylvania, and suddenly the bottom has dropped out of her life.

I think she covered her face, JMO, due to being overwhelmed. She hadn't prepared for a life where photographers from all over the country are trying to take her picture, reporters are going to be shouting questions at her, and people everywhere are judging her and her husband.

If she privately harbors doubts about her son's innocence, that's for her to know, but I see covering up as a self-protective maneuver and not because she's sure her son is guilty.

It's an action that to me screams "make this all go away."

IMO
That is an awesome observation. You should be a writer..... an author of true crime books perhaps. You made my heart go out to this poor woman, wife, mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo