ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
I feel like it was someone semi random . Some creepy guy who watched them for a little . Someone who was going to kill somebody just to kill and started to watch and target them . Planned it out almost like a game to them . Could be totally wrong obviously, but with the lack of sexual assault and over 100 interviews done with still no arrests makes me think this . Now if I had more information , like if one victim was brutalized much more then the others etc then maybe I would change my mind .

The most logical explanation I still believe is that bf/gf Ethan and Xana were the primary targets.

This was a crime of intense passion and furious anger, in my analytical opinion. Someone that couldn’t have Xana or lost the opportunity, IMO. Intense feeling of rejection and was jealous she was happy with new boyfriend, IMO.

Madison and Kaylee were collateral damage, probably witnessed something off and called that old boyfriend 10 times before suffering same fate, IMO.

This is someone that desired Xana, IMO. We need to be looking into Xana’s hometown and former relationships. Everything IMO.

Has anyone considered the possibility that the perpetrator could have called Jack from both girls phones in an attempt to lure him to the house, in order to frame him for murder/suicide?

If perp had a gun on him, he could have saved that for Jack if he came to the house.
^^^ Very interesting theory. MOO, it's plausible.

I’m torn between 2 individuals, one as the ex. The other, is someone who has been cleared so won’t mention due to respect for the mods and this board.
Don't want to start a bunch of posts about the ex, but I can see why Kaylee's family stands by him now.

Video at the 2:24 mark

Imagine working At That restaurant, waitresses make money on tips which means being extra nice and treating your customers like They’re extra special, Then Add An unstable person Who starts to believe one of the girls actually is paying extra attention to only him, You can play out the rest using your imagination but in short over a period of a few weeks and many generous tips as his fascination grows He’s infatuated with one of them and Makes His move and Is Soundly rejected! He’s devistated! His sadness turns to anger, then rage He begins stalking her constantly watches her house watches her at work And decides if He can’t have Her Then She Has To Die! And He plans it All out! … This Is How I See It… Just can’t figure out why the 2 girls Were spared.. This is just my opinion..Forensics Will solved This And Well Find out the real truth, Let’s Hear everyone’s motive, With so much speculation someone Is sure to get it right…

Imagine working At That restaurant, waitresses make money on tips which means being extra nice and treating your customers like They’re extra special, Then Add An unstable person Who starts to believe one of the girls actually is paying extra attention to only him, You can play out the rest using your imagination but in short over a period of a few weeks and many generous tips as his fascination grows He’s infatuated with one of them and Makes His move and Is Soundly rejected! He’s devistated! His sadness turns to anger, then rage He begins stalking her constantly watches her house watches her at work And decides if He can’t have Her Then She Has To Die! And He plans it All out! … This Is How I See It… Just can’t figure out why the 2 girls Were spared.. This is just my opinion..Forensics Will solved This And Well Find out the real truth, Let’s Hear everyone’s motive, With so much speculation someone Is sure to get it right…
I thought of this too . Exactly as you said . I totally pictured that a customer got the wrong idea and when rejected or ignored got angry . Some older delusional guy .

Here's where I'm at, subject to greater enlightenment

Ted Bundy type, sees a house full of pretty blondes. Sneaks in while the house is empty, lays in wait. He was so good at what he did that he killed all four people, attacking them all in their sleep. Didn't even wake up the others in the house. In and out like a ghost. This was planned and executed well enough that there wasn't even a 911 call until 8 hours after he was gone. He won't show up on the truck video or the bar video.

Riders on the storm

I wish we knew how long the killer remained in the house. How much time did he spend with the victims? One more time than the others? Was one showing signs of an overkill?

I don't quite know where to begin to sniff out clues since I don't haunt FB and never had an IG acct.

Did the killer have a familiarity with the knife via hunting or hunting clubs? Racks from deer hanging in the garage? One need not be an expert handling a knife but this killing seems extremely efficient.

He's slicing/stabbing vital organs and vessels that will spurt out blood. How did he stab to death four people without cutting himself, esp when self defense moves were made? Has an ER had a patient seeking stitches? I hope he's cut real bad.

I vote premed, too. This was planned. Nobody becomes a first time killer and enters a home filled with at least six other folks. Am I right? What made this person feel so confident in successfully fulfilling his goal? He caught the 4 victims off guard, to be sure. Coward! He stabs women and men to death while they're slumbering. He must be found!

Ted Bundy type, sees a house full of pretty blondes. Sneaks in while the house is empty, lays in wait. He was so good at what he did that he killed all four people, attacking them all in their sleep. Didn't even wake up the others in the house. In and out like a ghost. This was planned and executed well enough that there wasn't even a 911 call until 8 hours after he was gone. He won't show up on the truck video or the bar video.

Riders on the storm
I can see it this way but why no sexual assault? These are intimate murders, or seem to be, so I can't wrap my brain around this unless the killer is female (how did she overpower all of them, even in the dark with drink or drugs in their systems) or unless the target was Ethan. He would be easier to kill in a house with five women rather than a frat house filled with adult males. With Ethan as target, Xana would have to die. But then there's the question of why go upstairs to kill Kaylee and Maddie. The lack of sexual assault makes this look so much different.... does anyone recall another set of murders similar to these?

I thought of this too . Exactly as you said . I totally pictured that a customer got the wrong idea and when rejected or ignored got angry . Some older delusional guy .
I just can’t figure out why the 2 girls were spared, He must have watched the house, if in fact our speculation is correct, He Would know how many people lived there, Maybe The surging girls had the door to bedroom locked I guess L.E will have an answer For this, but I think we got it right, It’s the only logical explanation for such a brutal crime that from what I am understanding such a brutal crime that even some of L.E May have needed counseling There’s no way this was a psychopath that picked a rad on house and just decided to butcher a bunch of people

I’m thinking the perp had been to this residence in the past. Appears he was able to navigate two stories in the dark or with a small flashlight making very little noise and not running into furniture, etc. before the attacks. Also he/she either got lucky or knew there were no cameras inside or outside.
Great thinking. I agree. MOO, that house has a unique floor plan to begin with, and to have to navigate it quietly in the dark seems like it was someone familiar with the neighborhood, the house, and the floor plan. (and maybe the dog)

I just read a statistic that said less then 25% of murderers leave dna evidence behind
From what I know of this, that’s typically skewed with crimes involving guns. I would be very impressed if someone was able to potentially “break into” a home, kill four individuals - with possible defensive wounds - and not leave behind any hard evidence (DNA, fingerprint)

From what I know of this, that’s typically skewed with crimes involving guns. I would be very impressed if someone was able to potentially “break into” a home, kill four individuals - with possible defensive wounds - and not leave behind any hard evidence (DNA, fingerprint)
No signs of forced entry.

Last edited:
What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
I think the calls to Jack are a red herring from an investigative standpoint, and I'd like to point out that people in Maddie & Kaylee's lives have all been cleared, and yet there is zip, nada mention of anyone in Xana or Ethan's lives being cleared. Social media and online-sleuths-wise, the attention has almost exclusively been on Kaylee and Maddie; Xana and Ethan are considered by many to just having had been at the wrong place at the wrong time and got "unlucky". But we truly do not know that.
We seemed to have just assumed, largely as a whole, Maddie and Kaylee were the targets because they were a set of gorgeous best friends.
However, Xana was also very beautiful (just in a more classic way, not so much the 'blonde hair and fake eyelashes' sort of pretty) and very strong, very funny (from what I gathered from her friends, family, and social media accounts), and Ethan was a handsome kid who was also hilarious and "the life of the party", "lit up any room he walked into" ~ quotes by his parents. I could easily see them being the target of aggression and vengeance by someone jealous of something one, or both, of them had.

Sorry for the long spiel! I cannot stop studying this case. I brought it up to a few of my professors and they said they both admitted to late nights scrolling and reading for hours about it too. It is captivating in the sickest and saddest possible way.

I can see it this way but why no sexual assault? These are intimate murders, or seem to be, so I can't wrap my brain around this unless the killer is female (how did she overpower all of them, even in the dark with drink or drugs in their systems) or unless the target was Ethan. He would be easier to kill in a house with five women rather than a frat house filled with adult males. With Ethan as target, Xana would have to die. But then there's the question of why go upstairs to kill Kaylee and Maddie. The lack of sexual assault makes this look so much different.... does anyone recall another set of murders similar to these?
I don't think his motivations were sexual. He might derive some sort of sexual release from the act of killing, but not a rational sexual motivation, anyway.

MOO, obviously

Riders on the storm
If This Is A Ted buddy Thing, L.E better get on top of it and Fast, because the perp I’m sure is emboldened by His conquest and can’t wait Until next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper