ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately, this sensationalist label started by the DailyMail has ceased and is being reported by other MSM as "red stains running down the foundation." There's no evidence or confirmation the foundation staining tested positive as blood.

Yes, oil used for heating in pipes is dyed bright red... This is likely that. It can "sweat" out. That also makes more sense because when blood dries, it would be a darker brown-burgundy color, not that bright garish red seen in fresh blood. IMO that dispels this as being blood. MOOOOOOOOOOO!

It’s an intriguing theory, but a couple of problems.

How did the killer unlock the phones?

What would the killer have planned to do if J answered?

I believe that the calls were made over a half hour period. That’d be quite some time to be ‘luring.’ What if someone DID hear some noise and call 911?
That’s true about unlocking the phones unless they are like me and don’t ever lock them.
Assuming the killer wore gloves, he might not be able to use the phone anyway.
I can’t believe that the repeated phone calls to J have nothing to do with this case. What are the chances that the girls repeatedly called J and then are murdered a short time later? It feels like the two have to be connected.
It’s possible they were calling J because they heard a commotion downstairs and got scared, but wouldn’t it make more sense to call police?

I believe that the calls were made over a half hour period. That’d be quite some time to be ‘luring.’ What if someone DID hear some noise and call 911?
Your reasons are why I agree that the calls were probably not made by the killer.

However, I've also got my issues with the theory that K&M called J 'because they heard something'. If they did, then why did they only call J and not their other friends? We already know from the roommates' response that young people like calling all their friends in a crisis.

That leaves the theory that the 2 girls were dialing for unrelated reasons, before they had an inkling that anything was wrong in the house. But as always, I could be mistaken.

I've seen this raised repeatedly, but it seems incredibly benign to me. The people in the photo all lived together and one of them was effectively moving out that weekend. It would make sense for them to take a picture commemorating their time together. Whoever took the picture was probably a friend of one or all of the roommates who happened to be there at the time
Yep. There's also a million different cheap products to use as tripods... So not a red flag or something of concern IMO.

Your reasons are why I agree that the calls were probably not made by the killer.

However, I've also got my issues with the theory that K&M called J 'because they heard something'. If they did, then why did they only call J and not their other friends? We already know from the roommates' response that young people like calling all their friends in a crisis.

That leaves the theory that the 2 girls were dialing for unrelated reasons, before they had an inkling that anything was wrong in the house. But as always, I could be mistaken.
Law Enforcement has confirmed the killer hasn't made any phone calls...

The media was and has been all iver there from the start. No dogs noted. Nor has LE mentioned them or included any canine support as part of its Team.
I read somewhere that tracking dogs were brought in within the first 1-2 days. Don’t remember if I read that here or on another site. I’m sure they did. It’s pretty routine.

It’s a stretch. In the minute or two before the calls went from rumor to mainstream media I remember reading specifics of one of the voicemails she left the ex.

LE have set that window at 3-6 for a reason. They likely have evidence anchoring those two times as when the crime likely happened.

The phone calls are likely responsible for the 3am start of the window. So they are probably pretty confident.

Has it been confirmed to be blood?
The coroner was interviewed and shown the picture and said from "[her] observations" it appears to be blood. The link below will bring you to the source and a short transcript. MOO I am still skeptical about it being blood, as it isn't clear if the coroner is just reacting to the picture and seeing it for the first time, or if they have other information that brings them to that conclusion. I find it odd that blood, or any liquid, would be able to make it that far through the floor from inside.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8' ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Last edited:
Was that last photo of them posted on social media? Wonder if that was a trigger somehow.

Killer may have had a plan for months before but acted on it that night maybe from a trigger. Douglas Garland planned for months then acted the day when realizing victims were leaving town. He had everything ready to go, just waited for the right time.
Great question! I’m not sure where it came from.

Yes, oil used for heating in pipes is dyed bright red... This is likely that. It can "sweat" out. That also makes more sense because when blood dries, it would be a darker brown-burgundy color, not that bright garish red seen in fresh blood. IMO that dispels this as being blood. MOOOOOOOOOOO!

Was this house heated with heating oil?

Is there anyone who thinks that the police have a suspect and they are not saying. They are being very tight lipped about everything which I understand. However I think there is a lot more in what they are not saying than what they are.
I don't think they have any understanding of this case at all, except that four people were stabbed to death in their beds in the middle of the night. Someone targeted these students in this house in a rural neighborhood. Multiple stab wounds. No motive. Two roommates who had been out of town and returned home less than two hours before the four victims arrived home. I doubt the killer had knowledge of the other two roommates; otherwise he would have targeted them also.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts have been removed.

Websleuths is fact based and does not allow discussion based on numerology, paranormal, or other metaphysical content.

This discussion is case specific, dedicated to this crime. Please do not bring in other cases just because they are stabbings. Stick to discussing what is directly related to this case and THIS case only.

Thank you.

With LE saying Whoever did this made a mess IE very sloppy I’m starting to think The perp being SECRETLY obsessed with one of the girls And Is very deranged, But whoever did this had To have knowledge of The Layout inside the house, If He entered Thru the back of the house On ground floor( actually would be 2nd floor, whose bedroom would he come to first? That would prob be his 1st victim, Does Anyone know Who stayed in what bedroom on 2nd floor and 3rd? .. If We can find out, We may be able to ascertain who was attacked first and In what order, It just commen sense He would start with the nearest bedroom to the back door, then work his way upstairs To 3rd floor Right?

I am leaning more and more to a serial killer. To violently stab two people with brute force and then go to the next floor and do the same takes a special kind of deranged psycho.

I can’t see any jilted ex’s being capable of this for only hating on the ex.
Nor can I see a stalker of one doing something violently to three other people.
X’s Moms troubles wouldn’t lead to something like this.
And really not an angry neighbor or someone rejected when hitting on one of the girls.

It’s so violent and gory with two sets of killings on different floors, it just doesn’t seem to be anything “revenge” related.

Just to add. 3am doesn’t mean the crime happened at 3am. I just think that they are confident that there are no documentable activity AFTER 3am. They could have been sleeping for who knows how long.

I’m curious how they determined the back half of the window if bodies weren’t discovered until later in the afternoon.

They obviously have something (and a lot more) that they are not disclosing.

Law Enforcement has confirmed the killer hasn't made any phone calls...

That's not *technically* true.
They don't believe any of the calls or persons making calls were involved with the crime.
They don't actually know if killer did or did not make calls....because they have no idea who the killer is. If they did they absolutely would, at minimum, name him/her a person of interest. This would a) calm the fears of an entire campus. B) put an end to needless rumors and harassment of innocent people and c) apply pressure to the person to either make a mistake in their defense or confess.

The idea they wouldn't name a suspect in order to collect evidence is "TV Show" police work. If they actually think someone's involved they have to be named a suspect in order to get probable cause for a warrant to collect additional evidence. There is literally nothing to be gained by "keeping a suspect close to the vest" at this point as the crime has been committed already--its not like they are staking out a criminal who they think will strike again.

"Officers at the scene on Tuesday described a bloody crime scene, particularly on the upper floors of the house." -from the media timeline, page 3, Fox News.

This has always bothered me, the "particularly" part because it implies that there was at least a little bit of a bloody crime scene on the 1st floor. I haven't really seen any discussion about this and apologize if I missed it by skimming and speed reading. Either the LE was imprecise in his statement or someone spread a bloody crime scene to the 1st floor. I say spread, because LE has confirmed that no one else in the house was injured. So either the killer tried to go downstairs or the roommates/friends really did encounter the bloody crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67