ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May be a long shot here, but I haven’t seen it explored so thought I’d throw it out there.

How’s their relationship with the landlord? He/she would inevitably know the layout, and have access to enter. Again, it’s a long shot but just throwing out other ideas.
That’s a very good question indeed.

May be a long shot here, but I haven’t seen it explored so thought I’d throw it out there.

How’s their relationship with the landlord? He/she would inevitably know the layout, and have access to enter. Again, it’s a long shot but just throwing out other ideas.
I don’t believe it’s the landlord at all. Kaylee just bought a Range Rover so it’s prob safe to say rent was always paid on time and all their pics show a clean house. Let’s just say it was a party house(don’t know if it was or not) since it was kept clean I don’t think the landlord would care about that. And renting to college kids you know their going to have parties. JMO

Looking at the facts LE has shared, knowing the details we do about the four young students and people in their lives, I'm wondering if they are complicating this crime beyond necessity. We have the hugely important Grub Truck video, moo, I'm sticking to my initial gut feelings about who did this and why. This wasn't planned, it's too personal. A young male feeling rejected and disrespected, known to the girls became filled with rage and killed the source of his pain and anger. Whoever was killed first is the target. They'd likely have deeper wounds and upon testing be covered in their own DNA. The next victim will have that DNA and their own as the same knife is used. The third victim will have three people's DNA plus the murderers as likely by now with fighting back, he is also cut. The fourth victim would have all the DNA. The girls new him, they were out having fun, he went back to the house with them. He was in the house while everyone was passing out from partying and eating. He was rejected, continued to pursue his interests, at some point frantic dialing occured to get someone over who would get this guy out of the house. He became uncontrollably enraged and went for his knife. The weapon was likely out in his vehicle, not something he just bought but something he always has behind the seat or under a seat. He's back in the house and goes straight for the source of his rage. One hand over her mouth and murders her. The next victim wakes up and she's murdered, he could have put a pillow over her face. Noises are heard, someone gets up to check, the murderer is about to leave and a fight ensues, he's stabbed and then his girlfriend is stabbed. All has gone horribly wrong and he be knows this by now. He probably sat in the horrible mess by now exhausted and in shock himself. Rage and adrenaline can severely alter the brain and the responding body. He snaps out of it to the point where he realizes he's covered in blood he's in a zombie like survival mode. While they're dead or dying, he takes a shower and leaves with his balled up clothes and knife. He may have snapped out of his psychotic mindset even more after the shower and covered his tracks somewhat on his way out the door. He may have went home. Got rid of his clothes and hid the knife immediately or those items may still be stashed for future dealing with them. I have to believe LE knows who, what, and where, they're just playing out the cards dealt. Like Brian Laundrie, we all knew he killed Gabby. They want an airtight case. They need to sort out the DNA. Surely all those interviewed submitted to a buccal swab for DNA. I believe it will be solved and it will be this isolated set of events. Moo, but if this is random then no one's safe anymore.

I'm not caught up yet however i am posting this with hopes that somebody will see something. Thanksgiving is tomorrow((Technically today)) kids are home. if this was a student i REALLY hope that that they cut their hands up and they are deeply noticed by family who then report it. even better if they do not ask questions to tip the POI off. gahhh.
In the Meredith Kercher murder in Italy, where Amanda Knox was repeatedly put on trial, the convicted murderer cut his hand because it slipped down the blade when the knife became covered in blood. Even with gloves, after stabbing 4 people multiple times, I think it's possible there would be at least a small cut to the palm of the hand.

This police chief has a strange way of wording things. He could have been more direct and said, "We want your videos and images between xx:xx and xx:xx no matter whether it shows people in them or not." "An empty video is just as important to us as a video without people in it"

He does too much "police-speak".

I’m no fan of his, but speaking from personal experience, he’s a very personable person who doesn’t do the police-speak when talking with the community at events or individually.

I think what I see is a chief who is really out of his element in pressers where he has to triple-think every single word & sentence to make sure he doesn’t slip. He really doesn’t have much if any of that specific experience, in my opinion.

Can’t keep up with this thread so am just posting anyway, don’t know if this has been discussed as a theory:

I wonder if the killer (who may have been lying in wait) was completely naked at the time of the attacks. Then showered, then put on clothes that he had arrived in, with no blood spatter to be seen.

Kaycee's si
Looking at the facts LE has shared, knowing the details we do about the four young students and people in their lives, I'm wondering if they are complicating this crime beyond necessity. We have the hugely important Grub Truck video, moo, I'm sticking to my initial gut feelings about who did this and why. This wasn't planned, it's too personal. A young male feeling rejected and disrespected, known to the girls became filled with rage and killed the source of his pain and anger. Whoever was killed first is the target. They'd likely have deeper wounds and upon testing be covered in their own DNA. The next victim will have that DNA and their own as the same knife is used. The third victim will have three people's DNA plus the murderers as likely by now with fighting back, he is also cut. The fourth victim would have all the DNA. The girls new him, they were out having fun, he went back to the house with them. He was in the house while everyone was passing out from partying and eating. He was rejected, continued to pursue his interests, at some point frantic dialing occured to get someone over who would get this guy out of the house. He became uncontrollably enraged and went for his knife. The weapon was likely out in his vehicle, not something he just bought but something he always has behind the seat or under a seat. He's back in the house and goes straight for the source of his rage. One hand over her mouth and murders her. The next victim wakes up and she's murdered, he could have put a pillow over her face. Noises are heard, someone gets up to check, the murderer is about to leave and a fight ensues, he's stabbed and then his girlfriend is stabbed. All has gone horribly wrong and he be knows this by now. He probably sat in the horrible mess by now exhausted and in shock himself. Rage and adrenaline can severely alter the brain and the responding body. He snaps out of it to the point where he realizes he's covered in blood he's in a zombie like survival mode. While they're dead or dying, he takes a shower and leaves with his balled up clothes and knife. He may have snapped out of his psychotic mindset even more after the shower and covered his tracks somewhat on his way out the door. He may have went home. Got rid of his clothes and hid the knife immediately or those items may still be stashed for future dealing with them. I have to believe LE knows who, what, and where, they're just playing out the cards dealt. Like Brian Laundrie, we all knew he killed Gabby. They want an airtight case. They need to sort out the DNA. Surely all those interviewed submitted to a buccal swab for DNA. I believe it will be solved and it will be this isolated set of events. Moo, but if this is random then no one's safe anymore.
Kaycee's sister said she has a video of the driver bringing Kaycee and M home. The same camera should then show the person you're speaking about going to his car to get the knife and then returning to his car for the getaway.
After his shower, leaving with his balled up clothes, is he in his underwear at this point?

Definitely, since all of them on 2nd and 3rd floor had windows to the back, but the surviving friends had windows to the front. I at least suspect that the killer got in from the sliding door or the window in the kitchen, to the right of the sliding door seeing the house from the outside. The forensics were very interested in that window it seems like.
They got fingerprints, you can see them. Please let them be of the killer!

When I look at the layout of the home, the first thing that I notice is an empty bedroom? Did a certain female recently get booted from the home/sorority or perhaps someone left because of a misunderstanding or falling out and came back later to kill? Some females can be very competitive with other females. Did someone leave on bad terms? A past tenant or sorority sister? This would have been someone in older photos, but no longer in current ones. Just a thought. I guess I don’t want to believe that a woman could have done this.

Third floor layout is wrong, but this is the third floor bedroom schematic orientation. No one is sure which of the second floor bedrooms belonged to Xana - whether her bedroom faced the street with blood drips under the wall, or her bedroom faced the hill behind the house - no blood stains on that wall. Numbers 6 and 7 are interchangeable. If the "target" was on the second floor, the third floor tenants would be alive.

1669277781833.png

Somewhat disappointing PC today that left me wondering why it was held? I think it was largely held to reassure the community and to address safety measures moving forward. The town and University both want students to return after the holiday so they are downplaying any danger and focusing on the targeted angle.

I do think this was targeted and I wonder if there weren't multiple targets? I also think the perp left some sign indicating a target at the scene. Maybe a note, a word, or something more cryptic, but I think it left the impression of a score having been settled in a crazy person's mind.

If you've ever been woken up in the middle of the night, you know how easy it would be to sneak up on someone. Alcohol likely makes it even easier. I know from personal experience that it takes several seconds for your mind to work out what's happening when somebody sneaks up on you in the middle of the night. Your mind pretty quickly registers confusion and fear but it initially tries to find familiarity and meaning not rooted in terror. Those few seconds (maybe 15-20) is enough time for a perp to kill. You don't wake up ready to fight or aware and that's why it's often a preferred method of killers. Even if your faced with a stranger, your mind doesn't immediate register this fact. It first browses quickly through your catalog of known people before settling on the terrifying fact that you don't know who the person facing you in the dark is. Victims are vulnerable in multiple ways and perps are well aware of these disadvantages. Likewise, sleeping people, especially inebriated ones can be difficult to wake up so it's very possible that nobody heard a thing. It's been suggested that at least one of the victims probably had defensive wounds, but my guess is there were very minimal signs of such wounds. These were blitz attack type killings that happens very quickly. There was no prolonged struggle. The perp likely knew where on the body to stab. Additional wounds could have been overkill or possibly were done to remove any doubt that each victim was dead.

I don't think the perp showered in the house. We don't know details of the crime scene, but I think the perp could have largely avoid splatter etc by killing from a certain angle. From behind would be good but that doesn't line up with victims being in bed. I suppose some simple research could provide a perp with this type of information. Naturally, if they were killed in bed then there would be no blood on the floor to be tracked about. Taking a towel or article of clothing would make it easy to open a door without leaving blood behind. Add a hoody, mask, and gloves and a perp could easily remove any noticeable signs of having committed a violent murder.

I think it was a solo male perp who has interacted with the victims in the recent past. I think the two surviving roommates weren't killed because they weren't involved in whatever set off the perp. I don't think they heard a thing and I don't find their behavior odd the next morning. I don't think the perp is anybody who was close to the victims. I don't think the police have a suspect but do have a solid theory and clear idea of how and why. This is all just moo.
Excellent post! Sleep inertia, defined by the CDC, lasts thirty minutes after awakening, which is why captains of large ships (maine maritime source)can’t take the helm for thirty minutes after getting out of bed…there was a home invasion when I lived in Phoenix . The lady of the house woke up to a burglar at her bed and asked him, dear, why are you wearing thst silly hat? Thinking it was her husband.Her poodle hid under the bed. so yes, overpowering sleeping adults is way easier. i also agree he was looking for one of the girls so didn’t kill the remaining two survivors or didn’t know they were downstairs….most houses the bedrooms are upstairs. I think he wasn’t expecting Ethan so killed him which woke Xenia up too…thus defensive wounds possibly. Don’t think there was much screaming from the three deceased girls because of the initial stab incapacitating their ability to scream. The morning behavior of the survivors could be attributed to the fog of war…an expression describing the mental chaos violence produces.

Last edited:
Maybe she had lived there for a short time only and maybe left something in the house that was hers? Maybe this occurred a few years back

5-10% female killer
90% male killer
What is the ratio?

Third floor layout is wrong, but this is the third floor bedroom schematic orientation. No one is sure which of the second floor bedrooms belonged to Xana - whether her bedroom faced the street with blood drips under the wall, or her bedroom faced the hill behind the house - no blood stains on that wall. Numbers 6 and 7 are interchangeable. If the "target" was on the second floor, the third floor tenants would be alive.

View attachment 382337
That third floor map seems off — a hall/common closet seems to be missing based on what another WS (MoveToTheBeat) posted earlier in this thread?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 05-41-14 University of Idaho Murders - Case Discussion Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 05-41-14 University of Idaho Murders - Case Discussion Facebook.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 16
Does that mean it is blood on the exterior of the house, from the bedroom that faces the street (off the living room)? Is it a building materials stain on the side of the house? Why did a reporter think it is blood?

View attachment 382324

View attachment 382323
Otto, I think it just caught the photographer’s eye as nothing else stood out and seemed macabre. Nothing out of place around the house or visible blood trail or steps on the patio or ground. It became a meme, IMO.
It looks like rust or some chemical substance or even glue. I think I also see residue along the gap between the house and foundation in one of the new close ups.
Is the pipe a water or gas line?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting interview. Have you read the comments? MOO
Noooo - I don’t ever read comments. Heck - I’d never even been to that tabloid until this murder. Not a good sleuth because I’m not a tabloid person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper