ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this except I don’t know that the first floor was ever a basement. With the hilly terrain in this area around campus (& other parts of town), that kind of construction is common & those living areas aren’t considered “basements” per se. Moo.

I don’t know when the third floor was added but think it was pre-2000 for sure & perhaps pre-1990?
That kind of construction is called a "walk-out basement." This simply means that one side is basement, while the other side "walks out" at ground level. In this case, the front was the walk-out, while the back side was built into the hill, buried in dirt and windowless.

As the days go by the biggest question in my mind is becoming why there was no sexual assault.
Because killers who use knives are often "penetrating" their victims with the weapon rather than sexually. For them, it is a sexually charged action. Also, less likely to leave DNA if they don't commit SA.

I'm leaning toward actual blood on this one. There was obviously a lot of bleeding, and houses no matter how well constructed aren't hermetically sealed. The blood is going to flow where gravity takes it, which in this case would be under the wall moulding, down the inner wall between the flooring and the end of the joists, and between the wall sheathing and the foundation. There's been a lot of discussion on this point, but I honestly don't see how it bears on the case. It's simply one of the gruesome aspects of a murder such as this.
I don't follow your train of thought, not enough blood to get through all the layers in homes out here much less coagulate before spreading, and *if* they were blood drips they would not be red hours later when them photo was taken.

As a landlord, I can tell you landlords don't stab their cash cows let alone a guy who's not even a tenant. If tenants stop paying, most landlords move to evict. A few kill with a gun but they're outliers. stabbing a bunch of tenants? what did the victims that lived there all decide to be deadbeats? At the very least it would have only been the person who wasn't paying their rent.
Not to mention, you would have sabotaged the rental marketability of your property for the foreseeable future. Who is going to want to rent out the Moscow Murder house?

Quoting Sunny Texas...

"Because killers who use knives are often "penetrating" their victims with the weapon rather than sexually. For them, it is a sexually charged action. Also, less likely to leave DNA if they don't commit SA."

Maybe...maybe not.

Yes, oil used for heating in pipes is dyed bright red... This is likely that. It can "sweat" out. That also makes more sense because when blood dries, it would be a darker brown-burgundy color, not that bright garish red seen in fresh blood. IMO that dispels this as being blood. MOOOOOOOOOOO!
Heating oil is more common in the US Northeast, but seldom used in the US Northwest.

With LE saying Whoever did this made a mess IE very sloppy I’m starting to think The perp being SECRETLY obsessed with one of the girls And Is very deranged, But whoever did this had To have knowledge of The Layout inside the house, If He entered Thru the back of the house On ground floor( actually would be 2nd floor, whose bedroom would he come to first? That would prob be his 1st victim, Does Anyone know Who stayed in what bedroom on 2nd floor and 3rd? .. If We can find out, We may be able to ascertain who was attacked first and In what order, It just commen sense He would start with the nearest bedroom to the back door, then work his way upstairs To 3rd floor Right?
There are many interior pics and description of the house available online on Zillow and other realty/rental websites. Additionally, the girls' social media accounts had many pics inside and outside of the house, including videos, pics from inside bedrooms, etc.

Why the perp was likely local or localish...
Perp knew the house....

One cannot stake out the house on Google. 500-718 Queen Rd · 500-718 Queen Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 (No matter how you turn it around, you can't see the sliding doors)
Home looks meh...from Street View and shows lower level and would not appeal to someone wanting to break in.

One does not know that there are sliding doors etc...
Zillow also does not show the sliding doors.
Whoever did this, knew about the sliding doors and was likely familiar with the area. Likely didn't just "meet them on Saturday night and follow them home" Perp was at least somewhat familiar with the residence.
That is the wrong address. The correct address is 1122 King Rd. and is readily available to view on Zillow and other locations. 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

So a thought about the importance of video and the "what you don't see being as important as what you do see."

LE can use exterior surveillance cameras to track a subject's route through an area. It takes time, but imagine 10 houses in a row, each with a doorbell camera pointing to the street. A subject running down the street appears on the first 6 cameras, but not on the last 4. This shows that the running subject did not continue on that route. They may have gone into one of the buldings, gotten into a vehicle, or changed direction. If they changed direction you would want to check the cameras (if any) on all of the possible routes from the point of the last camera that caught an image of the running subject.

Obviously, a resident would only know what was on their camera, so having video from as many cameras as you can is important, even if there is nothing on your own video.
All speculation on my part. Possibly what ts does not show is probably a car driving off. It also does not show a person leaving. Therefore a conclusion would be that person returned to the woods. They may have a hidden shelter in the woods or they may have buried the evidence and changed. Don’t assume dogs or humans will find hidden evidence. IMHOO

As the days go by the biggest question in my mind is becoming why there was no sexual assault.
sometimes an intent is to sexually assault but sometimes there is an inability to “perform” and that could trigger even more rage.

Is it possible the target was a survivor? Hence why name not released who called or their locations in town that day? I noticed the police site summary states “no named suspects at this time” not “no known”. Also the map area expansion. This seems crucial. The police also mentioned canvassing areas in town, in last update. I would love to see these routed from the house. Edited to add official link Moscow, ID | Official Website

Attachments

• CC6A6A19-9EA0-47A9-A163-BDCE6F731165.jpeg
    CC6A6A19-9EA0-47A9-A163-BDCE6F731165.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 66BD3FCB-4472-40FC-819D-5BD644C57AEE.jpeg
    66BD3FCB-4472-40FC-819D-5BD644C57AEE.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 51
  • F2E6511A-61CA-4C2D-B237-E65D8D66BA8A.png
    F2E6511A-61CA-4C2D-B237-E65D8D66BA8A.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 51
If these blue prints are entirely correct then the killer would have no stairs to access the third floor from the second.
The stairs are on the drawing between the two rooms, they go up from 2nd and there is a landing and turn To the 3rd floor.

Speaking of blueprints shown on Daily Mail article.

Is it possible the target was a survivor? Hence why name not released who called or their locations in town that day? I noticed the police site summary states “no named suspects at this time” not “no known”. Also the map area expansion. This seems crucial. The police also mentioned canvassing areas in town, in last update. I would love to see these routed from the house. Edited to add official link Moscow, ID | Official Website

I’ve also wondered this, four girls are blonde, it may be tough to tell them apart looking through windows and the sliding door and watching comings and goings, unless someone knew them from other places.

In True Crime the focus often goes to the people we know about or the most about, that is all we have- we know the least about the two survivors. I for one hope that doesn‘t change, I cannot imagine the trauma
IMO

Prayers for all the families missing their loved ones this holiday. It's tragic. Prayers that this case gets solved, and this no-suspect-time ends very soon.
"A candlelight vigil to honor the victims is set for Nov. 30 on campus."

What could five university students have done in Calgary? Nothing. They did nothing to deserve this. Their killer was having a psychotic break. He had been invited as a guest to what was by all accounts a quiet party.
Wow. I don’t remember Calgary and just read about it. Those students were awake! And 4 out of 5 were males. That’s unbelievable. And horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper