ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would they know?
Why would it matter? Someone’s statement has people focused on Ka Bar and Bowie style or combat knife.
We can speculate that Knife clues are likely from the autopsy, it would give them

length of blade
width of blade
guard size
strength of blade and handle

What hasn’t been discussed is strength of blade and handle, made to withstand the force required to repeatedly go through rib and sternum bone and remain in tact and sharp.

There are many brands- Google search “fixed blade hunting knife with guard”
Only a knife expert could tell those that stay sharp and won’t break
Yes it is sick to imagine, but not all knives are made the same

IMO

Last edited:
Press Conference

23rd November.

Chief - Good afternoon. We are thankful for all the tips and leads the public has provided in Ethan, Xana, Kaylee and Madison's murder investigation. No bit of information is too small and every tip will be pursued. So far, this information has helped investigators build a picture of the areas of interest and the relationships these four had, with each other and our community. We still believe there's more information to be gathered, which will continue creating a window to which we view this case. We all want to understand why this happened and what drove someone to do this. The families of those involved, and our entire community, deserve to know. We ask anyone with any information related to what happened with these four that are in our community, their interaction with others and whether they expressed concern or commented about someone or something strange, to get that information to us, even if you don't believe it is relevant. Investigators will review and determine if and how your information builds the picture. Sometimes, what a video or picture doesn't show is equally as important as what might be there. Information on how to submit tips and updates on the investigation can be found on the Moscow Police Department webpage.

We continue moving forward to understand why this occurred in our community and seek answers to bring justice for the victims and their loved ones, because they deserve it. I personally want you to know, we care and we will continue to work hard to get these answers for these individuals.

Captain - Good afternoon. I want to assure you, first off, that the loss of Xana, Kaylee, Madison and Ethan remains the highest priority for the Moscow Police Department. We will continue putting all of our resources into investigating and solving these murders. Investigators are prepared to work through the Thanksgiving giving holiday to continue their efforts. I also want to express our sincere appreciation to the Idaho State Police, the FBI, University of Idaho, and the Latah County Sheriff's Office for their assistance. And I especially want to thank the community of Moscow for their outpouring of support through this incredibly difficult time. Today, I'm going to recap in brief what we know. I'm going to provide some new information and I'm going to address some rumours.

On the evening of November, 12th., and into the early morning hours of November, 13th., Kaylee and Madison arrived home at approximately 1:45 am., after visiting a local bar and a street food vendor. Ethan and Xana were also out in the community at Sigma Chi and they arrived home at approximately 1:45 am. Two surviving roommates, who were also out in the community, arrived home at approximately 1 am. Later, on the morning of November, 13th., at 11:58 am., a 911 call was placed. The call reported an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence and a surviving roommate's cell phone was used. During that call the dispatcher spoke to multiple people who were on the scene. Moscow police officers responded and found two victims, two on the second floor and two on the third floor, of 1122 King Rd. The results of autopsies indicated that the four were stabbed multiple times and were likely asleep during the attack. Some had defensive wounds and there was no sign of sexual assault.

We do not believe the following individuals were involved:
  • The two surviving roommates.
  • The male seen in a Grub Truck video circulating on the Internet.
  • A private party who drove Kaylee and Madison home.
  • Any of the individuals who spoke to the dispatcher on the 911 call.
  • We're also aware of a male who Madison and Kaylee had called several times the morning of November, 13th., and we do not suspect that individual.
Detectives have canvassed the neighbourhoods, looking for evidence, physical evidence, video surveillance, and they've contacted numerous residents to see if anybody may have seen or heard anything. They continue requesting tips that can be sent to our tip line or called into our tip line. The specific areas that we're interested in are detailed on maps on our City website and our Facebook page, but as stated earlier, generally South of Taylor Ave. to Palouse River Dr., in the area West of US. 95 over to the Arboretum.

We have heard mention that Kaylee may have stated that she may have had a stalker. Detectives have been looking into that and to this point have been unable to corroborate the statement, although we continue to seek information and tips regarding that report. No suspects have been named or arrested and we continue looking for, what we believe to be, a fixed blade knife, used in the murders. We have not released the names of any of the subjects who spoke on the 911 call and we have not released the call itself. Any online reports of the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate.

Regarding the resources that we've put forth in this investigation - Moscow Police Dept. has 4 detectives, 24 patrol officers and 5 support staff, dedicated to this investigation. The FBI has 22 investigators in Moscow and 20 additional agents, assigned in various locations, as well as 2 members of the Behavioural Analysis Unit. The Idaho State Police has 20 investigators, a public information team, a forensic services and crime scene team, and 15 uniformed troopers, who have been valuable in helping provide community patrols and safety patrols. We very much appreciate their support. This is our highest priority. It will remain our highest priority. We owe that to the families.

Colonel - What has affected Moscow and the community here, has affected all of us as Idahoans. We have a way in Idaho that the communities come together in tough times and this is one of those tough times. Leads from the community are important and as the Captain spoke, no tip is too small and we would urge anybody that has any information, whatsoever, to please provide that to help us solve this case. The lead agency of this case is Moscow Police Department with Chief Fry and his dedicated team of professionals and the Idaho State Police's role is to support them and their good work here.

There is an awful lot of efforts going on behind the scenes, and I'll explain why it's behind the scenes in just a moment, but what can't be seen isn't always known of what we do in law enforcement, and I'd like to explain that in just a moment. But the Idaho State Police and the FBI continue to provide resources to this investigation. I would like to speak for just a moment, if I could, not about this specific case, but rather an overview of how cases are investigated, so that maybe it will give some sense of the why of the timeline here. We understand you want answers. We want answers too, but these take time and if I could explain just a minute about the process here of what we go through, just generally, in investigations. So, we use advanced investigative techniques and crime scene processing. So, what happens when a call comes in, the original officers, the first officers that respond to a scene and then once they've got their work there and determined that they need some additional investigative assistance, then they call investigators to come and help process that scene. And, oftentimes it requires a forensic team to help process that scene. And when I say process the scene, what we're looking for is, we're looking for any evidence that may help us to be able to find the people or person responsible for what we're seeing, and so we're collecting biological evidence, we're collecting latent evidence, whether it's shoeprints or tyre marks, or anything like that. We're trying to collect that evidence. We do that through photographs, we do that through 3D mapping, to be able to map the scene. We identify and we mark evidence, and then we collect that evidence. And then we look for any evidence that we think may be helpful, and once that is done, then we package all that evidence up and we send it off to forensic laboratories to be analysed, to see if it can help provide clues of what's happening. All of this takes an immense amount of time. The reason this is important to understand is because, it's important that while this is such a tragic circumstance that we find ourselves in, in law enforcement we believe we owe this to the surviving families to get this right, and so we're not willing to sacrifice speed for quality. We do testing for blood, we do latent print processing, any documentations for any anything at the scene, so that we can reconstruct that scene at a later date.

If I could share just a few statistics of this particular crime scene. At this crime scene we collected 103 pieces of individual evidence. We took approximately 4000 photographs. We've conducted multiple 3D scans of the residence and we have hundreds of hours used by technicians and investigators, including our forensics team and detectives from multiple agencies. We processed over 1000 total tips and conducted 150 interviews. I hope that you understand that gives a little bit of a perception of just how complex this case is.

We have the upmost confidence in this investigation and that this investigation will be done right. We ask you and we ask the public to please remain patient as this investigation unfolds. And please rely on official sources of information. We really appreciate the media's assistance. We know you have a job to do. We know that you're professionals and you do it to the best of your ability and we're thankful that you're here, because without you we could not get the correct information to the community that could help us solve this. So, I can't overemphasise how much I appreciate and we appreciate in law enforcement, your willingness to do this. What you are doing matters and it matters in what we are committed to doing and that is, to the best way that we can think of, to honour these victims and their families is to conduct this investigation correctly.

Finally, I'd like to share that I've been in regular contact with Idaho's Governor, Brad Little, throughout this investigation. Governor Little is making available up to $1,000,000 for expenses, related to this ongoing investigation. As you heard, the resources that are here in Moscow and throughout, with this investigation, you can see that those expenses would add up quickly. Like all Idahoans, Governor Little, is deeply saddened by the loss of these four, bright and promising young lives, and he's making sure the State of Idaho provides all of the resources possible to ensure that the person or persons responsible for this are brought to justice.

University of Idaho President - We deeply appreciate the kind words of support we have been receiving from our alumni and friends, as well as many others who may not know us but have taken time to reach out. People are donating to the victims G F M pages and the Bruce Pitman fund for students in need and they're buying personal devices for our students, and continuing to look for other ways that they can help. This is what it means to be a Vandal. In the last 24 hours, we have sent updated communications to our students, employees, parents and alumni, and in those communications we discuss campus security, services available to our students and employees, our plans for both remote and live instruction to close this semester and our plans for a candlelight vigil on November, 30th. All of this is available on our website.

We all want swift justice and continue to work with law enforcement to aid them in anyway helpful to their investigation. As the investigation continues, we will better know how to proceed in the new year. We will endeavour to find the balance among safety concerns, the need to grieve and the long term needs of all of our students and employees. To everything we do, we will keep Kaylee, Madison, Xana and Ethan, as well as their families and friends, in our thoughts and our prayers. Thank you.

Deputy City Supervisor of Moscow - I'm here, today, on behalf Mayor Art Bettge the Moscow City Council in Moscow City administration. The loss of Kaylee, Madison, Xana and Ethan is an overwhelming, palpable wave of grief, confusion, sorrow and anger through our peaceful community. Mayor Bettge, with the support of our City Council, has instructed staff to marshal all necessary resources for our law enforcement professionals, as they diligently work to assure the safety of every member of this community and find the person or people responsible for this. The outpouring of support, kindness and genuine empathy, locally and even globally, has been a humbling reminder that those who want to help far outnumber those who want to hurt, and we take some solace in that. To all of you who have reached out, sent letters and cards, provided food for those working around the clock on this investigation and offered other resources, we thank you sincerely. These continued acts of charity and humanity, reminds us why we live in this tight knit caring community. The City of Moscow is committed to seeing this investigation through to a successful end and will continue to dedicate whatever resources are necessary for that effort. We are thankful for the immense support from the University of Idaho, Latah County, Governor Little and his office, the Idaho State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Moscow's my home and I know we won't be defined by tragedy, but how we respond to it. We mourn the loss of these beautiful young people and we will relentlessly pursue justice on their behalf. Thank you.

Reporter - I have two questions, if that's alright?. Firstly being, what the police presence is going to look like after Thanksgiving break and how long that's going to last?.

Chief - Police presence is going to be very heavy after the break. We have Idaho State Patrol that will also still be in the area, and you'll see a high impact of patrol officers and troopers, as well as Latah County Sheriff's Dept. personnel in the area.

Reporter - Secondly, will there be any possibility of the release of the 911 phone call, even in transcript form?

Chief - Not at this time, it's part of our investigation.

Reporter - The Moscow press release mentioned looking into hundreds of pieces of information about Kaylee's potential stalker. I was wondering what led you to believe she did have a stalker, possibly? And why those pieces of information haven't come up with conclusive results?.

Captain - We obtained information through some of our interviews that Kaylee had made some comments about a stalker, so that's where that came from. We have followed up, looking at specific timeframes and specific areas of town. So far, we have not been able to corroborate it, but we're not done looking into that piece of information.

Reporter - Sir, why not tell the public who the target was?. You've said that this was a targeted attack. Why not tell the public who was targeted?. If it was multiple people, it would go a long ways to telling the public what you're looking for and who you're looking for, the type of person you're looking for. Why not do that, to alleviate some of the fears out there in the community?.

Captain - Well, first and foremost, we have the integrity of the investigation to preserve and we feel like that information is integral to us and how we conduct our investigation. Releasing that to the public may or may not flood us with a lot of information that's not relevant or specific to what we're looking at, so....

Reporter - Don't you want more information from the public?

Captain - We do want more information, but we don't want to put our investigation in jeopardy by releasing what we have. There's always a balance between what you're willing to release versus what you're trying to gather. We told the public, very clearly from the beginning, that we're looking for a knife. We've told the public, very clearly from the beginning, that we believe it was a targeted attack. I mean, to be honest, you're going to have to trust us at this point, because we're not going to release why we think that.

Reporter - I see that the FBI has set up a special webpage just to collect digital information. I'm also curious if any of the investigators can speak to this - Curious if the Wi-Fi hotspot has been tapped at all?. It's possible, if the suspect had their phone on them, it may have pinged off the Wi-Fi in the residence, has that been checked on it all?.

Chief - As I stated, our investigation's looking at every avenue of every piece of evidence that we can. The FBI has given us a website for any downloads of video or anything, so we ask people if you have any of that to send it to us please.

Reporter - I have a couple of questions here. One, you know, in many homicide cases, the first hours, the first days, are so incredibly crucial. Now that we're moving into a window that's further and further away from the incident - Does that concern you about the ability to arrest a suspect or do you have information, that you simply can't share with us, that makes you confident that you're close to solving this?.

Colonel - Thank you for the question and I'd like to address it a little more globally than specifically, a little more globally here. As time goes on, I mean, we're time passed the initial calls for service in the initial crime. However, we also, as time goes on, are able to process the forensic evidence, any forensic evidence that we may have collected and so that helps us and we're also able to process the tips that continue to come in, which may help us and so, while timing, in one respect, is not beneficial, in another respect, It is because it helps provide us with that whole picture of all of the information that we're gathering, whether it's evidence or tips or any other information that we we're gathering that may help us to provide a clearer picture. And so, it may help answer those questions that we're seeking as well.

Reporter - I was wondering if there's any evidence that suggests the attacker visited the first floor where the two surviving roommates were?.

Chief - That information will not be released at this time. It's part of our investigation and, as we stated earlier, there's many things that are involved in an investigation that we'll release and things we wont.

Reporter - I have two questions. Have you considered the possibility of a murder suicide?. Is that something that you guys are considering right now?.

Captain - That question has been asked previously, not at a press conference. It's certainly something that we looked at it in the early part of the investigation. It is not something that we're looking at, at this time.

Reporter - I know that some of the investigators vehicles and police vehicles are coming in and out of the driveway. Do you think that potentially could disturb any tyre marks or other evidence?

Captain - So, the question's been asked about why did the crime scene tape expand, and that is not uncommon. When the first officers arrived they tried to cordon off what they thought was important. We immediately expanded that when the investigators got there to process the scene, and logically, as this progresses, and you've seen this through our press releases, we have expanded it to several areas of the city and have, in fact, canvassed entire neighbourhoods. So, we tried very, very hard to uncover every single bit of evidence possible in an area before we move on to the next area. So yes, we've looked at everything that we think we need to look at, in and around the crime scene at this point.

Reporter - (inaudible) in the driveway, potentially like tyre marks or footmarks that there could have been?

Captain - Well, it's a gravel parking area, so it would be hard to say that.

Reporter - How are you folks holding up? How are your detectives and officers holding up?. And Chief, you mentioned that detectives are prepared to work tomorrow, on Thanksgiving, so is that the expectation that they will be?.

Chief - That is correct. We're going to have many, many detectives and agents working all the way through this incident. Our people are dedicated. Our people care about this community. Our people want to ensure the community that we're here to bring safety and we're here to get a resolve on this. So, we will continue to push through. We'll give people time off as they need it and we will continue to take care of them, but we're gonna keep pushing on this until we come to a conclusion.

Reporter - Is there any plans to increase security for the Apple Cup on Friday?.

Colonel - I can't speak to what's going on in the State of Washington, I can only speak to what we're doing here on the campus of the University of Idaho. We're in concert with President Green and his team. We are absolutely, with the Idaho State Police and the Moscow Police Department, we are 100% dedicated to making sure that this continues to be a safe place for students to do what students need to do. And so, that's why we have so many uniformed troopers here that aren't necessarily assisting with the investigation, but rather here to help with the campus security and President Green and his team have been fantastic in helping to strike that balance, to make sure that we have law enforcement resources here. So, while I can't speak to anywhere else, I can tell you that, at the University of Idaho, we have a lot of state troopers, a severe increase of state troopers and Moscow police officers here, both on campus, as well as throughout the community.

Reporter - Are investigators looking at any possible connection to an unsolved double stabbing in the Salem OR. area about a year and a half ago?. Specifically, two people stabbed in their home in the middle the night, long knife, no suspect at this point. One died, one survived.

Chief - I think we're looking at every avenue and we have other agencies reaching out to us with other cases and stuff that we're doing follow up on, and we'll continue to follow up on those.

Reporter - Are you aware of that case?

Chief - I actually had a tip come in on that case and I forwarded it to our tip line.

Reporter - One more question. Can you confirm the bodies have been released to the families or are they being released today?.

Chief - I believe they have been released to the family and I know that.. I believe one of them has already had a funeral.

Reporter - Can you lend any insights into the possibility that the murder weapon is linked to the ROTC programme?. And, also, you mentioned that the analysis unit is here. Will we be able to hear anything from them about a working profile they possibly have?. And on that note, have you guys ruled out the possibility that the killer might be a female?.

Chief - So, we look at every avenue. We're looking at every group of people. Like I said early in our first press conference, we're not going let any stone go unturned. Can you just clarify your second portion of that question?.

Reporter - I would like to know if the BAU has a working profile, because, you know, you look at victimology. Are you able to tell us who was killed first or the time of deaths, so that we may understand... if it was a targeted attack, it would make the most sense if they killed one of the roommates first and then maybe the other two... My question is - Are you guys looking at a working profile?. Have they come up with anything new, regarding the motive or intentions of the killer or killers?.

Chief - The BA unit is working diligently to do what they do. Will that be provided?, I'm sure that may be provided once the conclusion of this case comes together, but they are continually taking in information, reading reports and gathering information for that.

Reporter - I've seen some of the speculation with some of the cars being searched this past week. I wonder if you could squash some of the rumours and that speculation. Is there anything you can share specifically on the white car out front?.

Captain - We have looked at a lot of different vehicles. I'm assuming you're referring to the vehicles that were in the parking lot at the time....? Yeah, so, some of those vehicles belonged to the victims and some belonged to other people in the house, and so for us, that's part of the crime scene. As I mentioned earlier, the crime scene was expanded out through the parking lot, so we wanted to make sure that we looked at those prior to releasing the crime scene. It's just it was part of the initial investigation, that night.

Reporter - Is there any additional information, at this time, that you can offer about the candlelight vigil, maybe what we can expect from that?. And then any other information you can provide about that ask of the community to Light the Night on November, 30th.?

Dean of Students - The vigil's going to be hosted next Wednesday, November, 30th. at 5:00 pm. We have it scheduled for the administration lawn at the moment. We're going to make a final determination on location early next week, just because we're waiting for the weather window to get closer so we feel comfortable that that's where it will be located. We're anticipating a large turnout of community members, as well as university members, students, faculty and staff at that particular event and all of the families have been invited to join us if they so wish, from that aspect of it.

The response has just been absolutely beautiful and overwhelming, to the love that has been provided to the institution, as well as the family members. The Light the Night event that you're talking about, while I don't have a lot of details on that, is set to coincide at the same time, just so that people that can't be here in person, as part of the vigil, are going to be able to participate remotely as well. The vigil will be live streamed and it's safe to say that the Vandal families are going to unite and come together to support the families in the darkest moments of their life, quite frankly.

Reporter - At this point in time, do Investigators know which entrance the suspect used to enter the residence?. If this was someone who might have known the door code at the front, or maybe used the back door?.

Chief - Once again, that's part of our investigation. We're not going to release that information at this time.

Reporter - You said this was a targeted event. You won't tell us why they were targeted. What should students do to prevent being targeted in the future?.

Captain - That's a great question, especially in light of what just happened. If you would have asked us nine days ago we would have had, probably, a different answer. Moscow's always been a very safe community. In light of this, and maybe we should always look at it this way - vigilance, always travelling in pairs and knowing where you're going. Telling someone when you arrive and just that kind of general awareness. Maybe we should, as a community, have always been doing that. You know, in some ways this took our innocence. I would tell students that you need to stay with a friend. I know that the University Staff is looking at different options to increase some of the safety on campus and providing certain options to students. So yeah, going forward, there's a lot of things that maybe we wish we would have done before, but we need to start doing now.

Chief - So, I'm gonna go ahead and close, but, what we do want to let our community know that - we do care. We do want to provide a safe environment. We will continue to work hard and we'll continue to do everything we can. We want people to be vigilant. We want people to report anything suspicious to us. Let us get there and handle it, but we are here to provide that safety. So, I want to thank you today for coming and I appreciate your questions.

Why would it matter? Someone’s statement has people focused on the brand Ka Bar and style Bowie when it is likely the guard that protects/separates the handle from the blade that is the clue.
There are many brands
Google search “fixed blade hunting knife with guard”
Things the knife wounds can tell about the particular knife used:

Cut or puncture
Size and shape
Bruising around the cut
Rough tearing or clean
Amount of internal damage
Depth
Paint or powdercoating transfer
Pattern of markings on bone

None of these can really tell investigators which brand or manufacturer, only the basic type or features of the knife. I think you are right about the guard. Though they won't divulge this, I expect there was probably a distinct bruising pattern, IMHO. I further expect the wounds are deep, inflicting significant internal damage.

Why don't police take reports on any of these?

I noticed that too, evidently a report isn’t written for every call.
Why is there such a huge gap in the Moscow Police Log
from Dec 30, 2021-Oct 24 2022?
This may be a good place to look for cops being called for stalking?
This log does have serious crimes- there is a log record of Homicide Nov 13 Kings Road

Things the knife wounds can tell about the particular knife used:

Cut or puncture
Size and shape
Bruising around the cut
Rough tearing or clean
Amount of internal damage
Depth
Paint or powdercoating transfer
Pattern of markings on bone

None of these can really tell investigators which brand or manufacturer, only the basic type or features of the knife. I think you are right about the guard. Though they won't divulge this, I expect there was probably a distinct bruising pattern, IMHO. I further expect the wounds are deep, inflicting significant internal damage.

I think it must be the guard because that distinguishes a hunting/ camping fixed blade from a kitchen fixed blade knife Which doesnt have a guard.
They have not ever mentioned the possibility of it being a kitchen/ butcher style knife.

IMO

Sudden thought: they knew from the get go what kind of knife they are looking for, because the perp at some point put the bloodied knife down onto something, a bedsheet, a pillow or a chair and left at least the partial outline of it, stamped in blood.
Great point, I wondered the same thing about it being set down and an outline or print of the knife being visible, especially when Ka Bar was being reported.

If the perp did not set the knife down- To me that says they have a sheath on their belt to hold it so they can use both hands.

LE seems to have walked back from the brand name to fixed blade hunting knife
IMO

Without knowing what kind of night lighting, if any, was being used in the house, or how many electronic devices had LEDs or lighted displays to provide light, or whether any outside ligthing was a factor, I think it's impossible to say whether prior knowledge of the building layout would be required to allow free movement. I thought the same thing, initially, and then I realized that my own place is remarkably well lit at night, even with the lights off, because of all of the gadgets.

I guess it makes sense to start at the first victim you come to, but it also might make sense to go to the farthest victim and work back toward the point of egress. As far as the mess, I'm extremely interested to know what this means, exactly, aside from the obvious mess that results from four people bleeding out.
The more I look at the floor plan, the more I wonder if the killer(s) went straight upstairs for the girls and, in the rush of everything after, got confused when leaving and ended up in E&X's room by accident.

Daily Mail disgusting as always.
It would be more helpful if key persons were interviewed by reputable sources. Always hard to tell with Daily Mail if there is an agenda.
So far it looks like this Joe guy didn’t talk to any other source- but did go to LE.
I’ve seen other posters here that claim the time of glances on the GrubTruckers video was too long- I’m not seeing anything he did or said as sus, nor do I consider intoxicated young guys googling young women in public as sus. My son is college age and he likely looks at what girls are willing to show off- my daughter also looks at what guys are willing to show off. That doesn’t make them creeps, they aren’t staring or following or stalking, they are single and looking, they are human.
IMO

Last edited:
Was the “blood” or “other” substance dripping from the foundation ever laid to rest on this forum? Recent photos of that area without the substance are on the victims social media. Not sure if the photo is ok to post

The back sliding glass door does not lock at this time. LE is using stools as seen in recent pictures to block the door shut. Did the door lock before 11/12-13?
Maybe they took the lock off to send in for examination?

This is the thing for me. What could four 20 somethings have done or not done that would result in this? I don’t think this is anyone they know. I think this is either random or mistaken identity. (My current thinking that could change)

I agree and think that is why this is so terrifying. All of the words of wisdom I’ve given to my own kids were followed. What could they have done differently?

For me on that night it may have not been what any of the four did so much as that-
the house was known by many
the house front number code and sliding door were not secure, and
the sliding windows were not covered with curtains.

Those are the things that will haunt family and friends- they would me
IMO

Is it possible the target was a survivor? Hence why name not released who called or their locations in town that day? I noticed the police site summary states “no named suspects at this time” not “no known”. Also the map area expansion. This seems crucial. The police also mentioned canvassing areas in town, in last update. I would love to see these routed from the house. Edited to add official link Moscow, ID | Official Website
I don’t think they’ve given any indication at all as to who the target(s) might have been, or even if “targeted” refers to individuals rather than something like “everyone at the neighborhood party house” or “sorority girls and frat bros” etc.

I think most people have focused on one or more of the victims being targeted because they were the occupants killed while the survivors were spared, but I agree that does not necessarily exclude the survivors from possibly having been targeted.

I think most people have focused on Kaylee because she was the unattached person of the four victims and had a recent break-up, and her family has been vocal about her whereabouts and communications that evening and introduced the grub truck video that some viewers suspected included potentially relevant details. Secondarily, people have focused on both Kaylee and Maddie because, in addition to the grub truck observations, there’s a presumption the two were on the highest floor and could have been spared if the killer entered on either the first or second floor (another presumption at this point) and the target was primarily Ethan and/or Xana. But I don’t think LE has revealed anything at all to suggest Kaylee and/or Maddie were more likely targets than anyone else at the residence, including the surviving roommates.

I find it odd that so little has been revealed about the whereabouts of Ethan and Xana, and to a lesser degree the surviving roommates, but they might only have revealed comprehensive details of Kaylee’s and Maddie’s whereabouts due to the grub truck video being released through other channels, whipping up questions and rumors that needed to be addressed.

Without knowing what kind of night lighting, if any, was being used in the house, or how many electronic devices had LEDs or lighted displays to provide light, or whether any outside ligthing was a factor, I think it's impossible to say whether prior knowledge of the building layout would be required to allow free movement. I thought the same thing, initially, and then I realized that my own place is remarkably well lit at night, even with the lights off, because of all of the gadgets.

I guess it makes sense to start at the first victim you come to, but it also might make sense to go to the farthest victim and work back toward the point of egress. As far as the mess, I'm extremely interested to know what this means, exactly, aside from the obvious mess that results from four people bleeding out.

It does bring up the question of outdoor lighting too

They didn’t have cameras but maybe they had lights?
Did they have motion sensor lighting on the balcony and back porch?
Was there a street light on the parking lot above them on the hill?

I’ve been imagining all of these places as being dark- were they?
IMO JMO OMO

The girls appear to have paid. The grub truck requires payment when ordering. And one of the girls checks her rewards. (Sorry I don't know who is who) He's saying they didn't?? WTH???
I think it was Kaylee. Maddie walked over to friends or something and then came back to K. Assume the rewards are points you get based on prior purchases. To redeem at a later point for $ off another purchase v

Kaycee's si

Kaycee's sister said she has a video of the driver bringing Kaycee and M home. The same camera should then show the person you're speaking about going to his car to get the knife and then returning to his car for the getaway.
After his shower, leaving with his balled up clothes, is he in his underwear at this point?
LE has already cleared the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members