ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads are moving so fast it's hard to keep up so my apologies in advance if this has already been posted. Wasn't this case in Oregon brought up in one of the early thread and it's proximity to Moscow?

I hadn’t seen this. This poor mama.
Wow. I hadn't seen this either and this poor family, all of the families, it is so heartbreaking seeing them in such pain and so desperate for answers.

Alivea is SERIOUSLY incredible. What a strong, determined, sharply intelligent woman. If only she could be in charge of this entire case, I would trust her to solve the whole thing. No disrespect to LE or any others involved, of course, I know they're all working really hard on this, but the determination and detail-orientation of a sister like Olivea is very very impressive.

MOO.

The two murderers in both these cases were connected to their victims and both were connected to the same university. De Grood had been readmitted to university and was due to start a new program of studies in the fall. Joshua Lall was completing a Master's degree in architecture.

Look for someone connected to the victims, a student under stress from the pressures of studies and a history of mental illness and psychotic breaks?
I
I am from Rocky Mountains, WY and Colo, I can tell you there are ZERO homes here with "heating oil", I did not even know what it was til a made friends with someone from the east coast that used that and that was in my 50's One could not buy heating oil for a furnace out here if someone wanted to. That said, hard to imagine how could any liquid leak "out" of a house, even like water in an overflowed bathtub.
True. I live in idaho

A few random thoughts. 1) Lack of evidence markers outside (as I and others have said) means there was little blood and other evidence discovered outside (what you DONT see). Killer “cleaned up” inside. But that might not mean a shower. Maybe he left in Ethan’s clothes. If e and x were asleep there is a good chance he was Not fully clothed because a) he was with his gf and b) he didn’t live there. 2) Pay attention to what’s posted on discussion sites.

Be vigilant.

So...why have they not brought in bloodhounds to try to trace a scent in the yard or on the parking pad and see where it leads?
You do not need a bloodhound for that. You need a dog trained in detecting the human blood and these can be of different breeds. Cocker and Springer spaniels, German shepherds, any of the Belgian shepherds, even mutts. Basically any dog with good smell sense that likes the sniff work and has appropriate temperament for the Police work will do.

No, Ethan's parents said they were both found in the same room.

Good Lord, this is heartbreaking. My friend lost her triplet son (age 18) to Covid before vaccines, so a lot of this sounds familiar to me. After a few months, I might suggest that she contact them, as her triplet son’s sisters are left behind (but doing ok so far, as to the ability they can).

Last edited:
I believe that, two young attractive girls, no doubt male patrons were talking about them.

This is much ado about nothing, two attractive college girls getting drunk at a bar on a Saturday night and are frequently hit on is nothing out of the norm. Big stretch to something at the bar leading to a quadruple homicide.

Yes! It's suprising that with all the friends at the crime scene, we haven't heard a word from anyone about what they saw. It seems 'mum's the word'.
How many friends were at the crime scene as police were called? do we know?

Last sec addition : What if the killer or killers used something to knock the victims out such as chloroform or something similar before killing them?
RSBM

Chloroform doesn't work like it is shown in movies, it takes a good while for it to work its not instantaneous and it also doesn't knock the person out for hours.

people always act like they know what they would do or how they would react in such situations, but the truth is we don't know. it may seem illogical because nobody knows how they would react

It's the old Mike Tyson line: "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the head."

Agree that it's not always helpful to second-guess victim responses, even when trying to work out a sequence of events, and perhaps especially in this case when other factors like alcohol and/ or exhaustion are likely in play.

Hard to know where to look in this horrific case at the moment, but the stalker or at least the stalking / hunting theory seems the most suited to an attack like this, with either experience or luck playing a role.

I'd still be looking very carefully at customers of the Mad Greek also, just in case -- especially regulars. As someone who worked for years in the biz as a student I'm well aware of the tightrope a good server walks in managing perceived "relationships" with customers, even profoundly icky ones -- had one manager whose standard response to such interactions was "Did they pay? Then we serve them." Yeesh.

This is probably remote, but.... K just got a great new job, correct? It's my understanding that the job will be some distance away, but it's for a company she's been working for?

What if someone else thought they were getting the job, and it got pulled out from under them? Especially if the perp thought she only got it because she was female and pretty?
According to her family, K's decision to go to the house that weekend was last minute and unexpected. We know E didn't live there. IMO, that leaves X and M as potential targets unless this event stemmed from something unknown that happened that very evening.

There are photos that clearly show you can see the back of that house including 2nd and third floor windows and doors from the parking lot of the apartment buildings which are to the left and somewhat behind the house. You can see one here - scroll down to the third photo: Idaho police expanding crime scene at site of college students' murders
That’s what makes me think it’s someone in those apartments back there, or someone that could physically see into the house. Perhaps they got obsessive over watching the roommates and when K moved away they lost their play thing. Seeing her back in the house made them jump at the opportunity bc clearly they’re deranged. That could explain the targeted comment.

Also, the photo of the patio doors with the chairs shoved against so they can’t be opened, is that the top floor? Is there any chance the perp entered the top floor patio doors and exited the lower patio doors?

Looking at the facts LE has shared, knowing the details we do about the four young students and people in their lives, I'm wondering if they are complicating this crime beyond necessity. We have the hugely important Grub Truck video, moo, I'm sticking to my initial gut feelings about who did this and why. This wasn't planned, it's too personal. A young male feeling rejected and disrespected, known to the girls became filled with rage and killed the source of his pain and anger. Whoever was killed first is the target. They'd likely have deeper wounds and upon testing be covered in their own DNA. The next victim will have that DNA and their own as the same knife is used. The third victim will have three people's DNA plus the murderers as likely by now with fighting back, he is also cut. The fourth victim would have all the DNA. The girls new him, they were out having fun, he went back to the house with them. He was in the house while everyone was passing out from partying and eating. He was rejected, continued to pursue his interests, at some point frantic dialing occured to get someone over who would get this guy out of the house. He became uncontrollably enraged and went for his knife. The weapon was likely out in his vehicle, not something he just bought but something he always has behind the seat or under a seat. He's back in the house and goes straight for the source of his rage. One hand over her mouth and murders her. The next victim wakes up and she's murdered, he could have put a pillow over her face. Noises are heard, someone gets up to check, the murderer is about to leave and a fight ensues, he's stabbed and then his girlfriend is stabbed. All has gone horribly wrong and he be knows this by now. He probably sat in the horrible mess by now exhausted and in shock himself. Rage and adrenaline can severely alter the brain and the responding body. He snaps out of it to the point where he realizes he's covered in blood he's in a zombie like survival mode. While they're dead or dying, he takes a shower and leaves with his balled up clothes and knife. He may have snapped out of his psychotic mindset even more after the shower and covered his tracks somewhat on his way out the door. He may have went home. Got rid of his clothes and hid the knife immediately or those items may still be stashed for future dealing with them. I have to believe LE knows who, what, and where, they're just playing out the cards dealt. Like Brian Laundrie, we all knew he killed Gabby. They want an airtight case. They need to sort out the DNA. Surely all those interviewed submitted to a buccal swab for DNA. I believe it will be solved and it will be this isolated set of events. Moo, but if this is random then no one's safe anymore.
Also if it was unplanned and an attack of rage, the person could have taken a shower and taken some of E’s clothes and a pair of shoes, so when he left there would not be bloody tracks.

I hope the victims families have inventoried their possessions to see if there are any obvious clothing items or possessions missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1