ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my gut too...stalking from the wooded area and retreating to the wooded area, may explain why no one saw the person leave or got it on camera.

Makes absolutely perfect sense. That front door is just wide open when you walk out. Common sense would be you don't go out that door. The back has more seclusion with the woods and the dead end road/parking area.

I'm just wondering if it's possible this guy tracked in anything into the house that could only be found in the back yard? soil, dog poop, traces of leaves...

I believe LE’s decision to report this as “ targeted “ has something to do with the route the perp took. I believe he passed other rooms, of the surviving roommates. This is just my opinion. But from what I’ve gathered it’s likely ONE of the surviving roommates lived on the 2nd floor( the same floor as E & X ) when the crime occurred.
I have read numerous times that "targeted" is due to that there was no evidence of forced entry...(I know..I know..it doesn't make sense to me)

I heard Snell say it today in an interview...

I believe LE’s decision to report this as “ targeted “ has something to do with the route the perp took. I believe he passed other rooms, of the surviving roommates. This is just my opinion. But from what I’ve gathered it’s likely ONE of the surviving roommates lived on the 2nd floor( the same floor as E & X ) when the crime occurred.

Oof, if true that adds a whole “new level” to the story.

See what I did there?

(But seriously this is incredibly tragic, and scary! Just a little levity for a sec)

I just want to say something that has been bothering me. A couple of days ago when the forum was obsessing about the 911 call, I theorized that one way it was possible to know your roommates were unconscious is if you knew they were in their rooms, but not responding to calls, texts and you knocking, and that maybe the killer had locked the bedroom doors.
now, everywhere I am reading I see people saying the doors were locked. Not as much on WS as on other forums, but here as well at times. So I want to make sure that everyone knows that the doors being locked WAS A THEORY I talked about and not supported by any statement by anyone official.
I also see that this home was remodeled with flooring. If it originally had carpet, the doors would be a bit higher off the flooring so if one were to lay on the floor you possibly could get a view, not clear but an idea of a body if it was on the floor and not responding. My house originally had carpet. So from my experience the doors are planed a tiny bit higher than if we started with wood/laminate or tile. Also downstairs the doors would be fireproof doors if they were originally for a garage so they would more than likely seal without any bottom gap and a threshold. moo

JMO about E and X’s timeline- LE has shared they were at the frat house together from 8-9 and they arrived home together around 1:45. E’s family shared that he went with his siblings to his sister’s sorority dance. Is it possible the dance was between 9 PM to around midnight and then E and X went back to the frat? X might have been home without E when she talked to her dad around midnight.

To follow-up on on of my earlier posts, I still have absolutely no strong opinions on who exactly could have done this, but have a lot of theories. Some points:

1) The killer could have been solo, or there could have possibly been 2 people. But, I lean more towards a solo killer. It would have been a lot easier for one person to have done this quickly, left the house, and then subsequently left the area without attracting any/a lot of attention - than for 2 people to have done this. It's also a lot easier for one person to do a crime like this & keep their mouth shut - than for 2 people to keep quiet about this.

2) I lean towards the killer being male, but am open to the possibility of a female. Whether male or female, I strongly suspect the person was physically powerful/strong.

3) I don't believe the killer/killers knew about the 2 surviving victims on the bottom floor. Or, if they did know about the 2 survivors, they were rushed and didn't have time for them. Or, maybe they tried the door & since it was locked, didn't want to take the time/energy to break down the door (which would cause a lot of noise)/pick the lock and risk the 2 waking up & being able to fight back, etc. But, I'm leaning toward the idea that they were unaware these 2 were in the house.

4) As far as who did this & what the motive was?! I have no single, definitive theory. It's possible that this was:

a) Someone known to one or more of the 4 in the group, who was enraged about a real or perceived slight/insult/rejection/etc. Maybe they were fuming about this for a long time, until they finally exploded.

b) Going along with the above: The killer could have been a stalker of one (or more) of the girls, that escalated to murder.

c) Or, it's possible they were not known to anyone in the group. They could have been a local person/persons in the town/area who were angry/jealous about these attractive young people with seemingly bright futures, and decided to lash out.

d) However, it's also possible this was a beginning?! serial killer/killers who did know who lived in the house but may never have met any of them & didn't have anything against any of them specifically. They may have just decided to assault the 4 just because they are a malicious psychopath/psychopaths.

e) They may have been a local. Or, they may have been a drifter/drifters who was/were passing through town & maybe stayed for a brief period.

In other words, IMHO this could have been anyone.

Last edited:
Unfortunately your questions are extremely valid. IMO I have family in Meridian but they are not familiar with Moscow. I hate this case. I have a junior in high school and her bff is a senior and bonus daughter to us. They are touring University of Kentucky in February. Short of pad locks, ring doorbells, a large protective dog in the future and every weapon known to women wth are parents supposed to do to keep them safe? When you consider the possibility of homeless and meth heads where in the world are our children safe? Lexington Kentucky is not a bad city but homelessness and their aggressiveness has boldly increased over the course of Covid. Surely it must be the same elsewhere. Sad truth of the reality most of us are living in IMO

One thing parents can do is read the university's annual Clery report that colleges and universities are required to disseminate in a public annual security report to employees and students every October 1st. This report must include statistics of campus crime for the preceding 3 calendar years, plus details about efforts taken to improve campus safety.

These reports must also include crime reporting, campus facility security and access, law enforcement authority, incidence of alcohol and drug use, and the prevention of/response to sexual assault, domestic or dating violence, and stalking.

This report is required by the federal government, the U.S. Department of Education. Annual reports should be posted on the college or university's website. If you can't find it, call the campus' president's office and ask them to send you a link to the report or send you an electronic copy of the report by email.

This is not the only thing one might do, but it's a start. JMO.

If one victim was targeted, then the other three were collateral damage. I can't make sense of that.
So senseless and tragic. It's driving me mad. I think about it too often trying to figure out how this could have been committed and why. Waiting and praying for a big break in the case.
Possibly. But they were witnesses as well before this happened
This is just a thought as I read your posts. If only one was the actual target, then the killer might've thought the other three heard something from the targeted one that would point LE in their direction. If left alive, they would tell something (a little thing perhaps that would be a gigantic clue) to the investigators.

BBM. Exactly. The reporter for Court TV, Chanley Painter, who is there every night states just how "pitch black" it is there at night and how easy it would be to go unseen. Worth checking out their nightly reports on YouTube.
If it is so dark, how did the killer see to get around esp in a wooded area where walking is difficult.

it would seem that having a light would not be something a stealth killer would have on

My head has been all over the place as far as theories go. But a few things that I've noticed that make me wonder.
-all of the victims Instagram have remained public. Except for Ethan.
-the 2 surviving roommates (understandably) switched their Instagram to private or deactivated their account. Ethan's surviving triplets also switched to private. So did the frat. Neither of the sororities all roommates belonged to did this.)
-Surving roommates and ethan's siblings were all on scene (roommates confirmed/siblings possibly per parents interview saying they "were there" depending on how you interpret) when police arrived.
-we've received little to no information on Ethan/Xana at or after the frat party.
-witnesses have come forward that saw Maddie & Kaylee and given interviews. We've seen them on camera, know who brought them home and when, etc).
-no one that saw Ethan or Xana that night have spoken publicly. The police have released 0 details on their night.

All of the above has me thinking E and/or X were the target. Something happened at that party involving E or X. Someone came to the house and confronted them while M & K we're still awake. Person got kicked out and yelled at/insulted by all 4 of them. Person left feeling slighted, possibly embarrassed/rejected because the girls piled on him, all on E's side. Went and got a weapon, came back when everyone was asleep to make them all pay.
- media and everyone else is focused on K & M. Police are feeding into that theory to keep the media/social media out of their investigation.
- fraternity holds the key, and Ethan's siblings and maybe even the 2 surviving roommates know there was an altercation. They are all MIA because they know the police are doing their thing. Frat is locked down on social, and their members, because when this comes out, the publicity for the frat will be a nightmare on a national level and they are getting their ducks in a row to combat the hellstorm of negative press that will be coming there way. What's worst for a fraternity than a hazing death? Admitting a sociopath that goes on to murder 4 Greek students. And maybe there were warning signs the frat ignored.

All just IMO and wild speculation. I just feel a little like we're being told to look left so we don't see what's happening to the right. JMO. I need to take a break from thinking about this tragedy. Hoping the families get answers soon.
great analysis and compelling. And still K's being back in town that evening could have a role which is why I've brought up her circumstances - maybe perp knew they'd all be out that evening bc K and M were saying their own goodbyes (best friends since childhood).
Also possible that K's success unfolding triggered perp when they realized each of those friends would (incl. the targeted person) eventually move on with promising futures.
High-functioning, rewarding lives awaited them, while perp felt prospectless and embittered for some reason.

A little off topic from the 12 threads but wonder what will become of that house. Will then end up tearing it down…I highly doubt someone would ever want to live there. I’ve seen stories of other famous crime houses but this one hits differently. Just a weird situation for the property owner now.

I know that there was a post or story ‘reel’ posted by one of the girls showing that one of the windows on the backside of the house either didn’t have a lock or the lock did not operate properly. However it has been bantered about that with it being a party house and ppl come and go, it could have been common knowledge the code to get inside the house. Sadly, if someone was stalking them and followed them on social media, they would have seen the post about the window.
Link please? I have heard that rumor but I don’t think it is a fact.

I feel like most if not all DNA results would be in by now and a suspect arrested if anything matched, which isn't giving me much confidence right now in a quick resolution to this case.

My opinion.

A little off topic from the 12 threads but wonder what will become of that house. Will then end up tearing it down…I highly doubt someone would ever want to live there. I’ve seen stories of other famous crime houses but this one hits differently. Just a weird situation for the property owner now.
I wonder ,too. People do move into murder houses, but this situation of it being for campus housing, I doubt if parents would give their kids money to live there

so the owner loses the money because the house now has no value?

My opinion. there are only 4 reasons I can think of killing someone. 1.Sex, 2.wealth (something victim have), 3. jealousy (revenge) or 4.psychopath…it. In this case, I rule out wealth, sex. Psychopath..maybe..to me..high chance of revenge… it is for sure someone they know.. slip into their bed with knife.. boom no chance.. the first victim is the target.. 2nd,3rd,4th is get rid of witnesses.. just in case they were awake (pretend to sleep). No witnesses. The survivors (in basement)had no chance of seeing so they were spared. The *advertiser censored* Got to leave the crime scene asap just in case seen. I’m guessing of course. Why knife and not gun ? Sound + cost!silencer are expensive. I’m convinced the assailant came back to the crime scene to see what is going on after.. my guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67