ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. MOO, they have a poi.

I’ll point out a few things:

They’re looking for any or all video surveillance from 3am to 6am in 4 specific locations. One of these location has no houses, it’s rural, it’s woody. I think they’re following a cellphone tower ping. They probably got records of his/her phone showing him move from those places around that time.

Another thing, they were searching a red mustang today but it turns out to be nothing, but I think they’re looking for a specific car (red mustang maybe they capture in a video surveillance?) and they’re eliminating owners of those cars. Moo

They weren’t asking for a video surveillance at 2am , they’re very specific with time.
The woody, no houses location could definitely be result of a cellphone ping. Maybe killer stopped in woody area to get rid of evidence and police found something of importance there that could belong to killer?

Yes, I am aware. Any way you define it, her dad said she had defensive wounds. He got that from the police. That was not speculation. That is important to me, because it means she woke up.

She is the only victim, that we know of, who has these wounds, so she may have been the only one who woke up before or during the attack.
I totally agree on X being a fighter as her Dad said. I also agree the Dad isn't speculating. He is reiterating the words as he himself heard them.

However, there is more than one with defensive wounds.

"Of the victims, "some had defensive wounds," Moscow police said in their most recent update Friday."

On ring doorbells. I live in an urban city with fairly high violent crime and property crime. ring doorbells are wide/angle fisheye types and produce very little usable video for anything at any distance over a few feet. And this crime occurred at nighttime when cameras have lower effective resolution and range. Other cameras that people use, such as standard security cameras, or Arlo type cameras are not so wide angle and produce decent video at moderate distance. So IDing someone would be pretty slim. But they could help with timeline
My guess is productive video would be of vehicles. People in Idaho tend to get around by car.
I’ve got a ring camera and it was able to help police identify a person stealing packages from a house across the street. Several of my neighbors have them, and in fact - a lot of people in my historic neighborhood have them, and they have been helpful in many instances to identify mischief makers and robberies. In the case of Kaitlin Armstrong, the woman arrested for killing Moriah Wilson - Kaitlin’s jeep was identified several times by ring cameras in the vicinity where Moriah was murdered this year, so I wouldn’t completely discount their effectiveness.

The average youth in a US inner city knows more about killing with a knife than a hunter does. there is zero evidence a hunter did this. Hunters don't stab sleeping animals
And a grown man killing four sleeping persons is not a feat. Maybe a psychological feat, but not a physical feat.
Why does hunting keep coming up?
This crime did not happen in an inner city. It happened in Moscow Idaho. So for me that immediately changes the suspects. Moscow is a college town with appox. 12,000 students with about 26,000 residents in the town. The house of the murders was well known to other students on campus as a 'Party House', and apparently had been for many years. To me, that meant many other students on campus had been there before.

Because a lethal hunting weapon (KaBar knife?) was used in the crimes, the perpetrator had to have known how lethal that weapon was, as well as how to use it. Maybe a hunter as well as a student that owned the weapon long before the murders. IMO, this was not a weapon new to the Murderer.

IMO, the Murderer was familiar with the house. It had an odd layout, who would try to navigate it in the dark while all of it's occupants were sleeping? Murderer had to have known which bedrooms they were going to.

Just IMO. Hoping the Murderer will be caught soon. It has to be terrifying to everyone in that town until the culprit/s is/are identified and arrested.

JMO

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware. Any way you define it, her dad said she had defensive wounds. He got that from the police. That was not speculation. That is important to me, because it means she woke up.

She is the only victim, that we know of, who has these wounds, so she may have been the only one who woke up before or during the attack.
My point was that coroner said defensive wounds, not "fought back." Not synonymous at all.
Sifting through the limited information authorities have made available, I can think of one possible scenario that fits the pieces together:

Given the home's basic layout as it appears in photos, coupled with the suggestion that the two people and the dog were unharmed on the ground floor, seemingly unawakened by the victim's screams (assuming they were asleep when attacked) and that the crime WAS the the the the targetted attack against one person...

I wonder if the assailant(s) has/have a military background given the methodical nature of the crime. Perhaps entering on the second floor, and entering the room where the first murder occurred thinking the intended target would be located there and would be alone. It would seem likely that to prevent others from being awakened, the killer would have cut the first victim's throat while covering their mouth or possibly placed a pillow over their head, and then immediately turned their attention to the second victim in the room (whether previously aware of their presence or not) and quickly attacked them in a way that would have prevented alerting others in the house. It could be possible that given how similar two of the victims appeared, the killer realized the intended target was not in the room on the second floor, and proceeded to the third floor where a similar type of attack occurred, resulting in the third and fourth murders.

It certainly seems the killer was familiar with the layout and floorplan of the home, as well as where the victims would likely be located. I find it very strange that a single person without military training could get into the house, murder four people in two separate rooms on two separate floors, with two other people and a dog present on the ground floor without alerting the dog, or without the first victim (s) reacting in a manner that would alarm the other people in the house before going to a different room on a different floor to kill the remaining victims.

Maybe the killer had been in the home multiple times before.

I wonder if theany of the victims have a tumultuous past or history with a member(s) of the University's ROTC Program?

I agree that even if he knew the victims from prior semester, and had been in home, they may have switched rooms in fall as former roommate moved out. And that the likely target was the final victims (and investigators will almost certainly know order of killings from blood evidence). So he'd be killing and then looking at victim to see if it was his target and moving on til he got his primary target.
But he doesn't need a pillow or too hold his hand over a throat. A full k-bar thrust to anywhere in upper chest or neck is going to immediately disable and silence a person.
I don't think ROTC would have any bearing. Marine Corps does teach moderate level knife skills, but most military branches do not.

I find it strange people are taking about hunters or butchers or military, when the people where not shot with a bow, or firearm, not cut up into pieces, nor were they mutually armed people contesting control of territory or a battlespace.

I apologize if this is not allowed. I am wondering what people's theories are on who the target was and why? MOO, maybe it was K? She had left and gone home to come back to visit and show her new car to her friend, right? Possibly someone saw her out that night and realized she was in town and figured this was their chance? I know there was question of a stalker, but nothing concrete has materialized...perhaps it was not a person she seemed concerned about enough to mention to others?

Interested to hear others thoughts based on what has been reported.

MOO: You don’t need any special training or a military background to grip a hunting knife with a guard and successfully stab someone. I feel like pretty much anyone would have a good idea of where to stab someone to do a great deal of damage without basic training. This person seems to have had the advantage of a sleeping target so they could likely take their time for the initial attack in any particular room and do exactly what they wanted without a fight.

I agree that it is likely that the attack on E is most likely to have caused more disturbance as he was larger and probably a better physical match to the assailant and that could have meant that X woke up before the initial attack on her.

Unless I missed it, no details have been released on the wounds or any other work the killer did to the bodies and without information indicating they did more than stab or slash them, I have no reason to believe they would have hunting experience or other experience dressing animals.

I’ve got a ring camera and it was able to help police identify a person stealing packages from a house across the street. Several of my neighbors have them, and in fact - a lot of people in my historic neighborhood have them, and they have been helpful in many instances to identify mischief makers and robberies. In the case of Kaitlin Armstrong, the woman arrested for killing Moriah Wilson - Kaitlin’s jeep was identified several times by ring cameras in the vicinity where Moriah was murdered this year, so I wouldn’t completely discount their effectiveness.
I on completely discounting them. I just note ring is the worst type for any distance. they are, in general, best for id'ing people right at your front door. Unfortunately I also doubt they would be common in off-campus student housing area.

Defensive wounds would include simply shielding yourself, such as raising your arms to protect

You're right he said those things. This is all just MOO.

I think of defensive wounds as holding your hands up in front of you trying to protect yourself from the stabs. Cuts on palms would be defensive wounds.

I know he says she fought, but fighting back would be something else. It'd be more like trying to punch and bite and kick. I wonder if she had a chance to do that? I wonder if any of them got some fighting back in before they died.
Maybe her fingernails contain some of killer's DNA

You’re right. I thought Kaylee was from Concord but it looks as though she resided in Rathdrum, which is just a few minutes from Couer D’ Alene.
There is so much info in these threads, I’m amazed I even remembered that part of it! lol!!!! Let’s hope there is a suspect arrested soon so our brains can have a short break!

I didn’t think anything from the 911 call had been released. My understanding is everybody is surmising the 911 operator used the unconscious word.
I haven’t been able to catch up on the thread and someone has probably addressed this but, asking if a victim is conscious, followed by is he/she breathing is a part of a 911 dispatcher’s basic interview for a caller. I’m a former 911 dispatcher and trainer.

They have to know who was targeted, right? They told Kaylee’s dad that one person was targeted (but did not say which one). If they know only one person was targeted, then they must know who that is. It’s the only one who shows the signs of being targeted!
If there was no rape or burglary..what else could it be but targeted? In the beginning they said randomly targeted. I even posted a comment about this very early on. I asked how could it be random and targeted. I think many of the answers are in the first reports that came out. Facts reported in the beginning are forgotten, changed, or completely overlooked. I'm just going back to reading comments. I have my theory, but not going to share it. At this point it's only an opinion anyway. And there are too many discrepancies from first reports to now, to list. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member