ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How high off the ground is that window, more or less? And how high off the floor of the bedroom would it be?
Edited for clarity.
I am guessing from this google street view image that the back is graded flat like a normal house. So I would guess the around the same height as a regular 2nd story window? You can see cars parked in the back of the image up the hill, and what appears to be a "graded/level" yard before the incline begins.

Attachments

• 20221126_075412.jpg
    20221126_075412.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 52
Wow, just wow. This link is everything, anyone needs to know about the murders. Is there a way to make this a "sticky" so there isn't a hundred different links to places where people are trying to support their statements as fact? Also, this one document contains EVERYTHING, and the ONLY THINGS we should all be discussing as "fact" at this point.
Well that’s a bit discouraging to say the least

MOO: The details of where Murphy was found must be relevant to the case, otherwise, LE wouldn't be so vague about it. Did the killer know the dog?
Even if the killer knew the dog, at some point the dog would freak out I think if he saw what was going on. Recently I took a womens self defense class. I came home and asked my son and husband to let me practice on them. My dog did not like it all (males pretending to attack me) and started barking and got in between us.

The press release states:

There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington, and the 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon. While these cases share similarities with the King Street homicides, there does not appear to be any evidence to support the cases are related.
• Community members have uploaded over 260 digital media submissions to the FBI link.
• To date, 113 pieces of physical evidence have been collected and sent to the Idaho State
Police crime lab for processing and analysis.
• Gov. Brad Little has directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds for the ongoing investigation.
• The University of Idaho is hosting a candlelight vigil for Wednesday, November 30th, to honor the memory of Ethan, Xana, Madison, and Kaylee. (In Memory of Xana, Madison, Kaylee and Ethan)
• The University of Idaho has established a Vandal Family Support Resource page for their students.
(Vandal Family Support Resources | University of Idaho)
No suspect or POI identified at this time
Maybe an important correction to your summary-no SUSPECT identified. They may have a POI but they only said no suspect at this time. I assume they are different.

The angle is difficult to see in a photo; I don't know how far the apt. building extends past their rental place.

I do think there are windows behind the tree, though. Let me double-check.

ETA: You are correct--no windows on the side of the apt. building.

Just spit-balling ideas.

JMVHO.
Well its great spitballing! Are you sure thays the window pictured with the investigator? I just assumed it was at the rear of the house. I just don't know.

Yes, I have contemplated the LE facts released, the statement by the neighbour about the regular parties at the residence and watched Johnny Laws YouTube discussion of the house layout, which indicates entrances on the first and second floors only! I sense the Perp knew the house layout to complete 4 murders in such a relatively short period!

But what seems unclear (unless I've missed this info) is Which of the six housemates that were there on that fateful night actually lived there permanently and which where having random sleepovers such as EC!

This info is so important if the LE are suggesting this as targeted murder...
(Target was X and E just happened to be there)

my thoughts only
BBM. There's only 5 housemates. The 5 girls lived there permanently. EC was the only sleepover that night.

“On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence. The dog was unharmed and turned over to Animal Services and later released to a responsible party.”
King Road Homicide Moscow, ID

They will end up fixing this as it adds additional confusion, unless it is accurate??
It implies officers were present at the residence on the night of the incident, rather than showing up the next day when 911 was called.
So, were they called about a stray dog that happened to be Murphy?? And responded to that call and took him to Animal Services, and then later arrived to the 911 call?
If so, there should be a log entry Nov 12 or Nov 13 that says they responded to a call of a stray dog near that address and took it to Animal Services.

I read through, unless the dog had wandered and was not at the residence, there is no log entry for them finding Murphy.

Agree, For Pete’s sake why don’t they just tell everyone where/when they found the dog??

JMO

If K and M came home snd found the dog missing that could add a whole new twist. It would explain the calls to the Ex and the comment that they owned the dog together. Was there someone at the house earlier who let the dog out that they were blaming?

The tree? There isn't any windows from the apts that you circled that would be visible into the house...

Also my thoughts on the stools in front of the sliding glass doors. Do we know when that pic was taken? Most police and crime scene investigators would know not to move a thing. Especially not until the 3D scans are made. You want EVERYTHING to be just as it was

Also it's usually an "all hands on deck" situation when you have a murder like this. The prosecutor being involved is probably nothing more then the fact that this is a very complex and high profile case.
I've been thinking more lately that the perp was lurking in one of these apartments in order to wait until the girls returned home that night. It might not have been HIS apartment, but he could have been visiting a friend or relative at the time. Surely, LE has spoken to everyone in these buildings and developed a lead on a possible suspect.

As far as the bar stools are concerned, wouldn't the crime scene techs have upended the chairs to check for blood spatter evidence then just placed each one towards the sliding glass door after each one had been tested?

I don't understand why LE never cordoned off the Queen road parking just next to the victim's house. May be the prep(s) discarded their cars after the crime but now would have drive it back or it is still there

IMO that area offers the best glimpse of what happening inside the house
View attachment 382761
Whether the prep was local or outsider, the prep(s) should have observed what's happening inside sitting inside their parked car often. There should be others who could have seen some person(s) sit in their car in this blind-spot area more often before the crime.

I say blind spot because it is well hidden in the area just before directly back of the victims house. The only view to that area could be apartments directly across from victims house (on taylor) or on backside of 500 Queen Rd Apartment. Please Note 500 Queen Rd doesn't have windows directly to see the victims house but at an angle View attachment 382762
View attachment 382769

Also from the blind-spot parking areas it is easy to slip in the victims house. It is just a slight downhill slope to victim's 2nd floor
View attachment 382770
View attachment 382771

Also IMO, the prep(s) could also easily jump from 3rd level to the blind-spot area. It would have been a jump of about 10 ft down directly or less than that if they aimed for the backyard uphill slope
View attachment 382772
Outstanding post. Thank you!

Hi everyone, I'm new. I'm wondering if the possibility that one of the two ground floor roommates brought someone home with them to sleep over has been ruled out. That would be an easy way of entering the house and being there undetected & to be able to make a move after the targeted victim/s came home, I'm thinking.

I've been thinking more lately that the perp was lurking in one of these apartments in order to wait until the girls returned home that night. It might not have been HIS apartment, but he could have been visiting a friend or relative at the time. Surely, LE has spoken to everyone in these buildings and developed a lead on a possible suspect.

As far as the bar stools are concerned, wouldn't the crime scene techs have upended the chairs to check for blood spatter evidence then just placed each one towards the sliding glass door after each one had been tested?
Maybe, but definitely not until after the scans were taken

IMO it is strange that LE is not revealing details around the 911 call. With all of the questions surrounding it - why no call til noon next day? What do they mean by operator spoke to multiple people? Why did they think it was an ”unconscious person” when coroner described scene as having a lot of blood? Who made the call?

Seems that LE would want to clear up some of this confusion unless the info would interfere with investigation. I would take this to mean that they believe answers to these questions could have some relation to a suspect.

Yes, I have contemplated the LE facts released, the statement by the neighbour about the regular parties at the residence and watched Johnny Laws YouTube discussion of the house layout, which indicates entrances on the first and second floors only! I sense the Perp knew the house layout to complete 4 murders in such a relatively short period!

But what seems unclear (unless I've missed this info) is Which of the six housemates that were there on that fateful night actually lived there permanently and which where having random sleepovers such as EC!

This info is so important if the LE are suggesting this as targeted murder...
(Target was X and E just happened to be there)

my thoughts only
You could also get up on the roof using one of the cars and go around back and enter through a window

I honestly never really cared about the dog either! I just was theorizing if the perp did know they dogs habits(prone to running off when let out alone) My male dog for some reason will never leave my side, my female dog thinks it’s funny to make me chase her down the block! Basically it boils down to me thinking the perp new habits of not only the household of girls but the habits of the dog, meaning they were known to our victims and confident in pulling off this awful crime!
They wouldn't necessarily have to know them. Just watch the house

When are the students due to return from Thanksgiving break?
I'm just wondering whether the perp/perps, male or female are/is a student?

If not...?
UI announced a remote option for the rest of the semester. If the killer is a student that went home for Thanksgiving, I wonder if he’s coming back.

IMO it is strange that LE is not revealing details around the 911 call. With all of the questions surrounding it - why no call til noon next day? What do they mean by operator spoke to multiple people? Why did they think it was an ”unconscious person” when coroner described scene as having a lot of blood? Who made the call?

Seems that LE would want to clear up some of this confusion unless the info would interfere with investigation. I would take this to mean that they believe answers to these questions could have some relation to a suspect.
This has been discussed a lot. I don’t find 911 timing unusual. They’re all college kids who probably don’t get up till noon on weekends so that would be normal.

Also “unconscious “ is probably the verbiage used by 911, not roommates. It is curious the period of time it took for LE to confirm call was made on roommates phone, but won’t say exactly who called.

Looks for sure like the investigators were pointing at the apt building in front of the house.

The guy in the window could have been looking at one of the windows towards the middle of that apt building.
A registered sex offender lives in that building, although his offense wasn't of the sort you'd connect with a violent crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member