ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new?
On November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up.

ETA:
Guess not, it was in the 11/25 Press Release as well.

A Ka-bar type knife isn't as likely to injure an attacker as say, a kitchen knife. I wouldn't put much faith into the idea that this killer has injuries. Sounds like whomever did this was fully prepared and that this was not spur of the moment.

My opinion.
Agreed. Knives for hunting tend to have handles that prevent hands from slipping onto the blade. Also, first post long time lurker!

New post from City of Moscow’s FB page. New info:

Updated Information:

• Community members have uploaded over 488 digital media submissions to the FBI link.

• We understand there is a sense of fear within our community. Since November 13th, the department has received 78 calls for unusual circumstances and 36 requests to check the welfare of loved ones, an increase from 70 and 18, respectively, for all of October. As officers respond to these incidents, they find that concerned parties call friends and family before notifying the police. For life-safety and emergencies, we want to remind our community to call 9-1-1 before notifying family or friends. For non- emergency assistance, please call (208) 882-2677 (COPS).

• The University of Idaho is hosting a candlelight vigil for Wednesday, November 30th, to honor the memory of Ethan, Xana, Madison, and Kaylee. (In Memory of Xana, Madison, Kaylee and Ethan)

• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Information can be submitted:
o Tip Line: 208-883-7180
o Email:tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
o Digital Media: fbi.gov/moscowidaho

• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false facts. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.

She may have been tagged in pictures she wasn't in simply because she was present at the event. It happens all the time on my social media.

It also seems like X and E spent enough time together that they were both very firmly engrained in each other's social circles. It wouldn't surprise me if his friends considered her a friend as well in the same way he seems to have been accepted and welcomed by her roommate group. MOO

I think a lot of the facets of this case that people keep commenting on as puzzling or suspicious (X talking to her dad at midnight, the bodies not being discovered until noon, etc.) are really common among people this age and don't necessarily mean anything sinister. I'm about 10 years older than them and was never a partier, but I kept similar hours when I was in college and am still a night owl.

When I was in school my fraternity had a sister sorority. Some of the girls in that sorority were little sisters in our fraternity. It's been awhile but I think I remember it that way. Maybe that is the case here?
Thanks. This is exactly what I was wondering!

I agree with your POV. When I watched that interview ( besides that weird 45 seconds you mentioned which seemed Unnecessary) I got the feeling that more information is soon to be released, seems like the family is eager to share more.
Yeah for sure, I had that as a takeaway too.
I still am unsure of why he even said all that in that roughly 45 second span I alluded to. I'm guessing it was a combination of exhaustion, grief, desire to not upset LE & his established political ideals but I have no idea. At first I thought it was maybe a shout-out of sorts to the Interviewer/Network, as they are very "anti" the theory he mentioned, but all in all it just seemed so bizarre amidst the rest of his answers.

They never fully answer this and I think it matters. They say “at the house” but that could mean several things (inside, yard, parking lot). The way I see things is:

If the dog was found outside on the night of the murders (which is actually how law enforcement phrases it). That means the perp likely let the dog out early while the house was empty so there would be no interference. Also it would explain the ex boyfriend calls.

If it was found in the house when the police arrived from the 911 call then this would make the reason for the k and m ex call a Possible mystery.

There are more scenarios, but in my opinion the dog issue has not been answered clearly.
JMO, but I think it was a booty call and when he didn’t answer, she said “we share a dog together” just out of frustration that she couldn’t reach him…how dare he ignore her..and then he ignored her roommate too so they probably figured he was asleep or phone was dead and gave up. I think dog was crated—cold outside—probably let out when they got home and then crated for the night. Might have barked and awakened someone—might have cowered in fear. No reason for killer to harm the dog if it wasn’t a threat. Doesn’t seem mysterious to me. JMO

Can someone point me in the direction of a floor plan/blueprint/layout of floor 2, that includes both sets of staircases? I see where the staircase is that goes down to the 1st floor, but I don’t see the stairs to the 3rd. I see the staircase on floor 3 plan, but not where it originates below. I can sort of get it, but It’s easier for me to visualize sight lines if it’s there. Maybe I am losing it, idk.

They never fully answer this and I think it matters. They say “at the house” but that could mean several things (inside, yard, parking lot). The way I see things is:

If the dog was found outside on the night of the murders (which is actually how law enforcement phrases it). That means the perp likely let the dog out early while the house was empty so there would be no interference. Also it would explain the ex boyfriend calls.

If it was found in the house when the police arrived from the 911 call then this would make the reason for the k and m ex call a Possible mystery.

There are more scenarios, but in my opinion the dog issue has not been answered clearly.
JMO, but I think it was a booty call and when he didn’t answer, she said “we share a dog together” just out of frustration that she couldn’t reach him…how dare he ignore her..and then he ignored her roommate too so they probably figured he was asleep or phone was dead and gave up. I think dog was crated—cold outside—probably let out when they got home and then crated for the night. Might have barked and awakened someone—might have cowered in fear. No reason for killer to harm the dog if it wasn’t a threat. Doesn’t seem mysterious to me. JMO

It's been two week since this tragedy happened. I am starting to get concerned about the lack of info on possible suspects. I realize that investigations like this take time, but it seems they have no one on their radar. I have to believe that any evidence that they were waiting to come back from the labs has already been returned (given the importance of this case). So where does that leave LE? Is it possible that they do have a suspect? Are they waiting to get everything lined up before they make an arrest? I really hope that is the case. Because the longer this case goes on, the more likely it is going to be one of those cases that takes months or even years to solve.

They were sleeping according to ME. Personally...I can do some serious damage to a big porterhouse steak with a pretty gnarly steak knife without hurting myself. Obviously I'm being a bit sarcastic...but I don't think it's out of realm of possibility someone with a large knife (that is made to inflict some horrendous carnage) could incapacitate & kill 4 people who are all either asleep, somewhat sleepy/waking or unsuspecting. Add in that it was 30, 35 degrees out so person probably had coat & gloves or multiple layers on and I could see it. Obv I hope they sliced themselves to hell, but I digress.
They were asleep until a knife came plunging through them. No one sleeps through multiple stabbings.

Here’s the information on how/when to participate in Wednesday’s memorial from your home:

A candlelight vigil is planned for Wednesday, Nov. 30, to honor the memory of Ethan, Xana, Madison and Kaylee. There are two ways to participate.

All other locations: Please join us from where you are, individually or as a group, to help us light up Idaho. Light a candle, turn on stadium lights, or hold a moment of silence with us as we unite on campus. To connect with the Vandal Family on social media, tag #VandalStrong or mention @uidaho.

Times​

Eastern time: 8 p.m.
Central time: 7 p.m.
Mountain time: 6 p.m.
Pacific time: 5 p.m.
Worldwide: Moscow, Idaho is GMT -8

Can someone point me in the direction of a floor plan/blueprint/layout of floor 2, that includes both sets of staircases? I see where the staircase is that goes down to the 1st floor, but I don’t see the stairs to the 3rd. I see the staircase on floor 3 plan, but not where it originates below. I can sort of get it, but It’s easier for me to visualize sight lines if it’s there. Maybe I am losing it, idk.
Watch this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member