ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES! I thought of that case almost immediately after hearing about this one. Glad I'm not the only one! Very mysterious circumstances in that one, some similar to this case.
Is there a documentary on this case? Sounds very interesting!
How bizarre that the two ground floor roommates a) didn’t hear anything and b) were still without a clue at noon the next day. The blood must have been contained to the bedrooms, but I’d think there would be a smell 7 hours after four bloody deaths.
If not decomp., at least the iron in the blood. MOO

Sometimes it's interesting to go back to early media reports, especially as it relates to family/relatives repeating what they've been told to the media.

This is Ethan's mother. Also, her other son was among the group of friends to arrive before police at the residence, so I'm thinking some of her comments came from him or a combo of him and LEOs.

1. A friend discovered the bodies (plural, bodies, not just one).
I'm thinking....people are overblowing the 911 call. Most likely it is not being released because it includes graphic detail and/or detail pertinent to investigation. And that multiple ppl probably spoke on the call because of the confusion, chaos and overall insanity of the moments.

2. The surviving roomates Heard Something
They probably didn't know what it was. I imagine they were half asleep? We can only speculate. But it is vitally important to note that the pair, even tho they a) are probably so, so distraught (to say the least) and b) probably well aware of the unfair things people have been saying about them-- Have been 100% helpful/helping the investigation.

3. That the roomates and/or other visitors to the house are possible witnesses -- per Idaho State Police Spokesman.
Perhaps I'm wrong....but police have never actually stated that there was only 6 people in the house at 156am, correct?

I wonder if the killer was targeting X and E went upstairs in confusion because of the home layout where the kitchen and brs r ground level. Perhaps he went to Ks room by accident then Ms and finally back down to Fl2.

New here, so hopefully I word this correctly. I’m having a hard time with both girls calling the same guy that night. I don’t care how drunk I got in college, I wouldn’t have been calling the guy my friend was calling…even if she asked me to….it would have felt weird. What if they were telling Siri to call so they could provide information? Can their phones be checked to see if a call was dialed via voice or manally?

Numerous people have said that it seems perfectly believable. “OMG, he’s not answering me! You call him and see if he’s blocked me!” This quote is purely for an example, and is not real.

MOO

I can’t imagine the sense of loss that these families feel. it’s just terrible. The triplets. I have a twin and I am crying writing this. In a perfect world, there wouldn’t be mental illness, and there would be no grieving.

JMO, but I think it was a booty call and when he didn’t answer, she said “we share a dog together” just out of frustration that she couldn’t reach him…how dare he ignore her..and then he ignored her roommate too so they probably figured he was asleep or phone was dead and gave up. I think dog was crated—cold outside—probably let out when they got home and then crated for the night. Might have barked and awakened someone—might have cowered in fear. No reason for killer to harm the dog if it wasn’t a threat. Doesn’t seem mysterious to me. JMO
The talk about having a dog together was while she was home. Her mother talked about it in the parent interview It was not that night

I believe Ethan might have been a surprise to the killer, and possibly the reason the two roommates sleeping on level 1 were unharmed.
I agree. But isn't it also possible that may he and Xana were the targets. Did we ever find out the what they were doing from the time they left the party to when they got home?

New here, so hopefully I word this correctly. I’m having a hard time with both girls calling the same guy that night. I don’t care how drunk I got in college, I wouldn’t have been calling the guy my friend was calling…even if she asked me to….it would have felt weird. What if they were telling Siri to call so they could provide information? Can their phones be checked to see if a call was dialed via voice or manally?
Per K's sister, she routinely called and texted people repeatedly at all hours to ask mundane questions and would do so until she got an answer. She and M had been best friends for years. It's not personally a dynamic I have with anyone, but I'd venture to say it may not have been the first time someone ignored her because they were sleeping or weren't interested in conversing with her at that time and M decided to see if she'd get a more favorable response since, presumably, she didn't have the same pattern. She may also have been testing to see if K's number was blocked.

Just because it's not something either of us would do doesn't mean it's not something they'd do without another thought about it.

I agree. But isn't it also possible that may he and Xana were the targets. Did we ever find out the what they were doing from the time they left the party to when they got home?
Or....as my theory goes...was part of the reason X was targeted, and the other two were collateral damage as they entered from 3rd floor sliding door. These are the only two who we have 4 hours unaccounted for on Saturday night, and only two that attended a party at a frat that....has some rumors swirling....in which they left after only an hour.

LE stated that the roommates did not wake up until later in the day. I doubt they would have smelled any blood unless they entered the rooms the victims were found in. Travis Alexander's body was inside a home for 5 days before his housemates realized he was missing and called police. He had multiple stab wounds as well.
He was in the shower with a drain, key difference, moo.

I wonder if the killer was targeting X and E went upstairs in confusion because of the home layout where the kitchen and brs r ground level. Perhaps he went to Ks room by accident then Ms and finally back down to Fl2.
If they weren't the killer's targets why kill them in their sleep? Why not just move on?
I think the whole house was the target.

I don't get to read every post, and have not seen anything about the gap of time for E & X that others refer to.

I believe the statement from LE about this being 'a targeted attack' was born from some idea that because there were two unharmed survivors (and apparently a d-o-g), that everyone else will be spared since those were... pure speculation and maybe unfairly harsh from me to LE who have seemingly insurmountable odds to overcome to catch a killer. They are only human; and they did walk back this blunder.

I share a similar viewpoint. After looking over some of the IG accounts it seems clear that the house is in an interesting location. You can see from the patio behind and up the hill the parking lot gave anyone a clear view of them outside, but probably inside too. Seems too easy for someone to basically watch them. Anyone know how many apartments are in the buildings right next to them?

That's a good question, and I was just imaging me moving around my home in the pitch black. Even thought I've lived here a long time, without any light, I'd still be bumping into things.

How did the perp see the stairs and the door knobs so easily? Did he have a flashlight or night vision specs, as you said?

When he went into the bedrooms, did he turn the lights on so he could see where to precisely stab?
my guesses-lots of ambient light and potentially night-vision glasses with the recorder mentioned below, although that gets trick around evidence time.

My guess would be an ex bf of X
I agree . I feel the killer was very close to that dog ….
I think LE would love for that to be the case -- but wouldn't they have I.D.d that person by now.

I would think that you would most definitely hurt yourself if you violently stabbed 4 human beings. LE knows more than the media is putting out there. They say "no suspect" yet, but I find that hard to believe.
I think LE would crawl across broken glass to eat two-week-old gas-station sushi if they could even allude to a suspect. I think they've got nothing, but I hope you're right.

I would be surprised if the killer didn’t leave town. It’s the perfect opportunity to escape. People went home. Some might not come back. Disappearing wouldn’t be sus at all.

This whole thing seems… planned. It’s like the perp chose the perfect timing. Holidays are a messy period. People are moving around, going home, traveling, etc. There’s no order. It adds chaos to the investigation. This leads me to believe that the killer is not some opportunist nutcase who surrendered to his “urges“, but someone sound of mind who planned this whole thing very carefully. He chose the house, the girl (girls?), the timing. None of this was accidental.

IMO it’s a serial killer. Could be a student, a local, or a transient. Either way, I doubt he’s in town anymore.
Sadly, I 100% agree.

My logic is the students (41.7%) have more in common than the non-students (48.3%). Homicides are more likely to be committed by someone known to the victim than by a stranger.
'Known' can mean a lot of things, esp with social media.

As a formerly drunk former college student, I can say with 100% certainty that this is well within the range of normal behavior. I'm sure they were all friends and being drunk and foolish. I just hope that were giggling together and enjoying life together before the end.

This is exactly what I think happened. Hysterical, traumatized, and inconsolable girls fled the home. They were surrounded by friends that lived nearby and drew attention. Too hysterical to speak on the 911 call, hence the speaking to multiple people on the 911 call. JMO
Truly, there is no “normal” for what one might do in this circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper