ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth my opinion only, this perp chose the knife as his/hers weapon because the scene was close quarters and knives hardly ever miss their target; a knife is always loaded no matter how many times it's used; no one sees a knife coming..just unsheathe it and go; almost everyone can be deadly just by picking up a knife (practice probably helps); no noise and it's easy to obtain one. I haven't seen if LE has confirmed the knife used was brought to the house, only that it hasn't been found so I am going to assume the knife left with the perp.

Knives are quiet, more difficult to track, and much easier to obtain than a gun.

“This person was asleep unfortunately, (and) was not getting the calls,” Goncalves’ mother, Kristi Goncalves, recently told TODAY. “If Kaylee was in imminent danger — her or Maddie — they would have called 911. They would not have been calling this person.”

Sorry; my quote didn't show up the way they usually do. In a week, K's mother has gone from "they'll be getting back together and probably get married and have children" to calling him "this person." That says a lot! Great find Cota332! It was

I think people are reading way too much into everything.
I took this as they were advised not to give specific names to those who have been cleared. For the time being. .

Kids these days consult their friends about everything. The fact that they did this as they sat in a house where four bloody murders occurred leads me to believe that they really had no idea what happened, that they believed someone was unconscious or hurt, but called their friends to come check first because they didn’t want to call the police if their friend was just passed out and it would make them look stupid.
Once the friends arrived, they called dispatch and followed their directions of how to check on the person. I think this was when the phone was allegedly passed around. One of the early reports quoted a neighbor as saying she saw some girls outside crying and wrapped in those foil warmers given out by emergency personnel.
I think that once it dawned on them what really happened I’m sure they escaped the house as fast as they could. MOO
Not to mention, shock isn't just a physical phenomenon. Shock can cause people to instantly be intellectually/mentally incapable of noticing or assessing information like how much blood is there, etc.

I wouldn't think too much about why the surviving roommates called friends before police. We know they've been cleared and that's all we need to know.

On November 13, 2022 when LE arrived at 1122 King Road home, I noticed that the "holiday/or exterior 2nd floor lights" were on; interior at patio door "holiday" lights on; red tumbler "party cups" at patio door interior table and 3 red tumbler cups at window sill in one of 2nd floor bedrooms (bedroom to left of parked cars/front door that forensics seemed to take lots of photos of bedroom door); and mulitple Coors beer cans polluted parking lot area of home. It appears to me that a party went on at King house night of November 12th and/or early morning of November 13th prior to bodies being discovered. The lack of blood trail from killer exiting house speaks volumes to me. It appears that killer was comfortable visiting home and almost had to have cleaned self up prior to exiting. When Coroner states the house was something like bloody scene, I wonder if killer wrote messages on walls in victims' blood? I wonder if articles of clothing victims wore the night of November 12th were missing from house when LE first arrived post 911 call? MOO I think this was sorority/greek house related in some way. Why would killer exit house with exterior party lights still on? Maybe I am missing something here.

Do you remember the Meredith Kercher murder in Italy that was wrongly pinned on the American, Amanda Knox? This case reminds me of that one. The perp (Rudy Guede) entered the house through the front door and likely hid. When Meredith got home he murdered her in her bedroom with a knife, covered her body with a blanket, took a rock and broke the window from INSIDE to make it look like a break in (he didn't think that through too well), and then he locked her bedroom door before he left. When Amanda got home she noticed Meredith's door was closed/locked with no response when she knocked. What did she do? She called her Italian boyfriend over to the house. He broke down the door and found poor Meredith's body. That's when the police were summoned. I think something similar happened in this case. Everyone is saying, "How can it be that the roommates called their friends instead of 911 with all that blood." I say, because they did not see any blood as the gruesome scene was all behind a locked door(s).
Also have to take into account that if they saw a dead roommate or something else extremely distressing, they would likely not respond logically/rationally. Lots of us have no idea how we would react in such a situation. I don’t find it particularly surprising that they’d call someone else or do something else before calling 911. Fight or flight response, a freeze response… lots of possibilities that could lead to calling a friend before 911. MOO

The dance was for his sister’s sorority.

“He was our our daughter Maizie’s date, and his brother was Maizie’s roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie’s sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

Need some clarification - was X at the dance with E, his sister, brother and girlfriend that night? Is this the event that LE is saying they were there from 8-9 and is this the same event at the fraternity house close to the crime scene? I feel like I don't have a great understanding of the timeline for E and X that night (other than the 8-9 event).

Why Xana?
Because investigators seem focused on the hours leading up to the crime and Xana (and Ethan’s) whereabouts have not been publicized. We know quite a bit about where K and M were earlier that night and LE has indicated people they crossed paths with have been cleared (for now, anyway). Far more than has been said about Ethan and Xana’s evening.

And I believe reports that investigators say it’s one of the 3 girls who was targeted so that rules out E as the primary target.

JMO

My interpretation of the “messy” description was not a reflection on the murderer’s domestic skills or tidiness but rather a description of four persons bled out in one building.
I agree with you and the fact that multiple "friends" showed up after roommate concerned and prior to LE arriving. Maybe also a party went on prior to everyone going to sleep that was not cleaned up along with all of the blood from victims. Still, how could the friends exit the house after the police arrived with no blood being seen at least in media photos exterior ground of house at exit doors?

Need some clarification - was X at the dance with E, his sister, brother and girlfriend that night? Is this the event that LE is saying they were there from 8-9 and is this the same event at the fraternity house close to the crime scene? I feel like I don't have a great understanding of the timeline for E and X that night (other than the 8-9 event).
Exactly. It’s been a while since I was at college, but formal Greek dances lasted longer than an hour. A lot longer.

This is the 'best' case WS has featured in many years. It (regrettably) has everything -- including no solution readily at hand.
I remember when it happened, and the the University of Virginia shooting right on top of it- and I kept trying to find out more about this case, while MSM was all over VA and basically ignoring this one in the early days. I could not understand why for the life of me, this is a much more complex and frightening case to consider..

he may have entered through the slider but when did he do that? the day before or the moment before the attack. <modsnip>
I sort of agree! Why ? Lighting and cars . You don’t know if there are people sitting in the cars watching. And with so much light, you can be seen. So sliding doors would be my entry if there are no lights …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper