ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted a photo of the bar and it looks like they have cameras, 2 or more inside and it also has a camera on the outside in a fenced area with gas heaters like a smokers corner.
I guess That hasn’t been released I’m curious the food truck video was released But nothing about the Dive Bar, Also the frat party, I’m sure Cameras there aswell

I guess That hasn’t been released I’m curious the food truck video was released But nothing about the Dive Bar, Also the frat party, I’m sure Cameras there aswell
I think the reason the food truck video was released was because Kaylee’s sister found it and went to the media with it. I’m not sure we would’ve seen it otherwise.

Here's the map. The red X marks the entry way, two surviving roommates' rooms on either side, staircase going up to the 2nd level.

View attachment 383305
So if they were to go down the stairs from the 2nd floor it would lead them to 2 doors on the first floor. I am I understanding you correctly.

Thank you for the visual map!

but where is knife then
The perp may have killed himself with the same knife. It's possible. Somewhere in woods, out if the way.

Although the perp killing himself isn't my personal theory.

I was just pointing out where the knife could be....

Just curious, Did LE release the food truck video? If So, Why nothing from dive bar or Poss frat party, Someone could possibly notice a POI There must be a good reason for keeping it out of public viewing

So if they were to go down the stairs from the 2nd floor it would lead them to 2 doors on the first floor. I am I understanding you correctly.

Thank you for the visual map!
This might be able to help you understand the INSIDE of the house: 1122 King Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 | Zillow

And the stairs lead to what I would consider the "front door" of the house, or the "main entrance." Circled below in red (click on photo for better visual).

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    184.2 KB · Views: 42
View attachment 383291

And SkiGirl, post 227, wrote with regard to where LE is looking for security camera footage: "Instead, the area is all south of the house. I wondered if they had footage of someone leaving the area, so a general direction was known, but they were looking for better/clearer images." (snipped by me)

Way back in Thread #5, I noted the area south of the house, which includes Walenta Drive and Ridge Road, is an area of big, lovely single-family homes on beautifully and densely landscaped lots, clearly not student housing. All that landscaping provides good cover for someone trying to escape, so maybe LE thinks that's the way the perp went. Also, if the perp went that way, those very expensive homes likely have security cameras so their footage could be helpful.

Separate thing: Hopewell, in post #95 of this thread, linked to an interview with former FBI agent Jonathan Gilliam. One of his comments was this (bolding by me): "This was such a saturated crime scene and there were so many people there before that night and that morning when people actually called other people that came there before police even got there. I find that to be the oddest, just about strangest thing I've just about ever heard."

What do you think about the fact that the roommates called other people when they found the unconscious person before calling LE? Mr. Gilliam finds it very odd.
Kids these days consult their friends about everything. The fact that they did this as they sat in a house where four bloody murders occurred leads me to believe that they really had no idea what happened, that they believed someone was unconscious or hurt, but called their friends to come check first because they didn’t want to call the police if their friend was just passed out and it would make them look stupid.
Once the friends arrived, they called dispatch and followed their directions of how to check on the person. I think this was when the phone was allegedly passed around. One of the early reports quoted a neighbor as saying she saw some girls outside crying and wrapped in those foil warmers given out by emergency personnel.
I think that once it dawned on them what really happened I’m sure they escaped the house as fast as they could. MOO

Just curious, Did LE release the food truck video? If So, Why nothing from dive bar or Poss frat party, Someone could possibly notice a POI There must be a good reason for keeping it out of public viewing
I don't think LE "released" it per se. It was Kaylee's sister who did her own sleuthing and uncovered it, and once that happened the Twitch link was being shared all over the internet.

Please consider the following gentle explanation. Your conclusion is clearly valid in the technical sense, but perhaps not in the "street / woods" sense.

There are Ka Bar brand knives, Ka Bar like knives, and.... then there is the one and only... "Ka Bar Ka Bar" USMC knife fighting knife.

As you correctly mentioned, the current Ka Bar company brand makes a variety of knives, including hunting knives.

The context that the police however, use when describing the murder weapon is that the murders were carried out using a "Ka bar Ka Bar"- or similar knife. This specific knife is the famous fighting knife / utility tool issued to Marines in WWII and Korea.

The term "Ka Bar" is so associated with the historic Marine Corps knife / tool, that a good many people use the term "Ka Bar" to automatically mean the USMC fighting knife. On a day to day basis, they would not consider that Ka Bar makes other knives.

In the end, the confusion regarding Ka Bars is due to: Like "Kleenex" the term "Ka Bar" can also mean other similar combat knives / tools. Likewise Kleenex may well make a variety of things. But... to a certain number of people, the term Kleenex is associated only with the famous tissue.

My approach is very technical vs. street/woods, so this helps a lot. Thank you.

I am not sure anyone was targeted. Whoever resisted most might have invited more anger, but it doesn’t mean, targeted. I don’t see the reason to kill four people if you are after one. Maybe the guy was so cold-hearted that he needed one, killed the other one in the room, and the other two, to complicate matters for the police?

But if someone was, it really makes sense to think of people permanently living in the house. To kill a man in his GF’s room is very mafia-like style, sorry. And really, it takes a lot of stalking.

To kill a person who randomly stopped at the house, like K, “now or never” style, takes a lot of preparation.

The other two girls are more traceable because they live there.

I can imagine someone hiding in the house in advance, but not dressed for murder. I think he walked in. JMO. Good luck to Idaho police and FBI.

How does the killer foresee that she would come back to the house? Is her furniture still there and he's been in the house and knows she has to come back for the furniture? If it's gone, how does he foresee that she's coming back? She came back on Friday from what I understand. Is that enough time to prepare for this crime?

Kids these days consult their friends about everything. The fact that they did this as they sat in a house where four bloody murders occurred leads me to believe that they really had no idea what happened, that they believed someone was unconscious or hurt, but called their friends to come check first because they didn’t want to call the police if their friend was just passed out and it would make them look stupid.
Once the friends arrived, they called dispatch and followed their directions of how to check on the person. I think this was when the phone was allegedly passed around. One of the early reports quoted a neighbor as saying she saw some girls outside crying and wrapped in those foil warmers given out by emergency personnel.
I think that once it dawned on them what really happened I’m sure they escaped the house as fast as they could. MOO
Brilliantly stated. I agree 100%

random and probably stupid question: do k9s need a scent to track when tracking? in that lovely google photo folder someone posted (bless you for that), i saw a k9 was there and the handler was pointing in a specific direction (seemingly towards the apartment complex).

ps: just catching up on this thread

Good catch! Yes, I believe you are right because those stairs look like the ones depicted in the real estate online pics somewhat hidden behind a half wall. So if the Foyer area is in fact the stairs to the third floor and the killer entered through where I noted, then perhaps the killer went in this order since the Foyer is much closer than XK/EC's bedroom from point of entry:
  1. Enters through the area I noted
  2. Goes to the Foyer/3F stairs first and goes up them
  3. Murders KG/MM who I still think may have been sleeping in the same room given KG's status as a roommate at the time and they were out drinking together and texting JD deep in the night. Perhaps they just fell asleep or passed out in the same bed or room.
  4. Heads downstairs but the commotion woke EC/XK. EC is in the process of going out to check when he encounters killer who attacks and disables him with the knife.
  5. Heads into the 2F bedroom and attacks XK. This could be why her family has reported she fought hard - very possible she was awake at this point.
  6. After he sees XK is dead walks past EC and finishes him off. EC then is the 'unconscious person' that the surviving roommates saw when coming upstairs in the morning because in this scenario he'd be somewhere between the Laundry area and main space and thus visible to them walking through the living room after coming up the stairs.
The coroner stated all 4 were found in beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay