ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting: “She told Fox News Digital Mogen and Kernodle had dropped out of the sorority last semester, and therefore she had seen them less frequently in recent months. Spokespersons for the local and national chapters did not respond Monday to Fox News Digital's request for confirmation”
I feel pretty strongly that these two were the target. I also think it could be possible that it is somehow related to Greek life.

However, it is not that unusual to drop out of your sorority in your senior year. Sorority dues are about $2000, so you can save a lot of money by dropping out your senior year.

LE definitely hasn’t said that he wasn’t in bed, but looking at the layout of the house and thinking about the fact that the two roommates downstairs started to walk upstair, saw someone passed out but not necessarily obviously dead and called friends over, it makes sense that he would be laying outside of the bedroom.
Agree thats likely how that played out. We don't know what corresponding actions by the roommates were taken immediately thereafter. Did they stay in the kitchen? Did they run back downstairs to a bedroom and lock their door? Did they run outside? When was a call placed and to whom, ie friends or 911? Just need some clarification from the cops.

Last edited:
(snippets from article)

"Goncalves added, "My wife's biggest fear, part of the reason we didn't have a funeral, is because she couldn't be guaranteed that that monster was going to not be there.""

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't imagine sending your girl to college and they come back ... in an urn," Goncalves said. "You're numb ... you can't absorb that amount of pain and agony."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The murder weapon -- which police believe to be a fix-blade knife -- has not been found.

Goncalves said the victims suffered "large punctures" from a "brutal weapon."
Heartbreaking afraid the monster was going to be there. just looking at everyone wondering, has to be so incredibly hard.

Usually you rush during your freshman year, and then live in the sorority house during your sophomore year. And then, during your junior or senior year, there are annex type houses that are occupied by sorority sisters, but are not the official house. The official house is usually for sophomores.

(Source: daughter, currently a sophomore, living in a sorority house at Ohio State.)
Thanks. That wasn't how it was at my school when I attended (pledged after rush freshman year; lived in the house sophomore through senior), but it sounds like your daughter's situation may be more common nowadays.

<snipped> Good to hear!

Idaho State Police Communications Director Aaron Snell told Fox News Digital that there is "definitely progress being made."

"It’s not progress we’re able to update the public on but, as we receive more evidence and more videos, we’re able to put together a clearer picture of what occurred and that definitely is progress," Snell said.

Idaho student murders: Police shoot down more rumors, but still no answers as killer remains on the loose
Hopely they are receiving videos with the perp in them. If progress was made only based on the processing of the crime scene it wouldn't be necessarily related to the perp.

<snipped for focus> I feel almost certain this is an In House University crime, the reason the girls were targeted and the reason the LE and the Uni are working so very hard to cover it up!!! There's going to be a massive exodus...

I haven't seen any evidence that LE or the University administration are "working so hard to cover it up." To accuse LE and the University administration of a cover up, please provide a link that substantiates that.

I think because they ate and the digestive process is a clock
Body temperature is also very important as are rigor mortis, rigidity and digestion that you've mentioned. Forensics are so cool because they're a science. The body temp drops along a steady formula per hour after death taking into account ambient temps. (There have been some criminals that think they'll fudge the time of death by decreasing the air conditioning temp or storage in freezers). I love forensic science and math. New method for more accurate determination of time of death at crime scenes

Confidence and More (2 killers?)
Not only was the killer(s) confident enough to go after 4 adults knowing that possibly he may have to fight one or more of them. But he was also confident that none of them including the downstairs roomates, would call 911. I think he was going to kill the folks on the first floor too but he must have heard them and assumed they were calling 911. All so bizarre. For this reason I think there were 2 killers. That way they both knew 911 would not be called because they were at the phones to prevent it. However they must have panicked and fled once they heard the downstairs folks. They could have been dressed identically down to the shoes and knives so LE may assume one killer. Are there any Twins out there with opportunity to have done this?

Interesting: “She told Fox News Digital Mogen and Kernodle had dropped out of the sorority last semester, and therefore she had seen them less frequently in recent months. Spokespersons for the local and national chapters did not respond Monday to Fox News Digital's request for confirmation”
I wonder if M and X "informally" or "formally" dropped out of the sorority last semester, perhaps they just stopped attending events but were still members of the sorority. Since the local and national chapters have not commented, we don't know what their official status was at the time of their deaths.
'

Confidence and More (2 killers?)
Not only was the killer(s) confident enough to go after 4 adults knowing that possibly he may have to fight one or more of them. But he was also confident that none of them including the downstairs roomates, would call 911. I think he was going to kill the folks on the first floor too but he must have heard them and assumed they were calling 911. All so bizarre. For this reason I think there were 2 killers. That way they both knew 911 would not be called because they were at the phones to prevent it. However they must have panicked and fled once they heard the downstairs folks. They could have been dressed identically down to the shoes and knives so LE may assume one killer. Are there any Twins out there with opportunity to have done this?
Didn't LE state that only one knife was used? The killer was counting on the element of surprise, attacking the victims when they were the most vulnerable - in their sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18