ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well respected journalist that covered (and helped break parts of the Petino case) confirms the police were called to the frat party X and E were at. Says that he was told directly by the Greek on campus have been warned to online talk to police and not media. In a follow up Twitter Spaces confirmed he was told by member of the frat E belonged to that police were present at the party. Does not know why.
this article also states K and M were in different sororities? X and M were sisters? is that right?

Someone with a hatred of sororities or women (misogyny)
That type of motivation would not surprise me at all. Similar to Elliot Rodger who specifically targeted Alpha Phi at UCSB. Not specific members, just any member of Alpha Phi because he said they exemplified the type of women he hated most. When he couldn’t gain access to Alpha Phi, he shot three members walking near the house outside, killing two. He also raged against men who had sex and relationships with the “types” of women he hated, as well as happy and attractive couples. Rodger is an idol to some men who glorify his crimes.

I think maybe “targeted” could also just refer to the house being targeted since there is not yet an obvious reason as to why that house was chosen by the killer if it was a random thrill killing (for instance, it isn’t near an easy escape route or isolated from other homes).

It has never made sense to me that one individual was targeted but four were killed. I could better understand if X&E were in one room and K&M were in another room (neither of which has been confirmed) and only one of each of them was targeted for some reason, whether misogyny or not. I could understand then why killing additional non-targets would have felt necessary. For instance, if someone expected to find Xana alone and Maddie alone but encountered Ethan with Xana and encountered Kaylee with Maddie.

At this point, I could imagine anywhere between 2 and 6 of the occupants being intended targets, or just however many occupants the killer found in the home, but one target seems unlikely to me. However, I could believe one *primary* target with enough peripheral resentment toward the others that they were secondary targets.

I really hope they find this person (or people) asap. I know I would not feel safe, despite the history of low violent crime and assurances of it having been a targeted crime. Targeted is not the same as isolated and the murders were just so brutal.

i'm going to repost this since i asked it shortly before the previous thread closed, in case anyone wants to discuss further:

how to do you think the perp got to scene? walked there or drove?
I think drove to the botanical gardens and then walked to the house.

They will only name a POI if they have a need to. Like obtaining a warrant to search their vehicle. Otherwise it's not in the investigations interest to name who they are looking at.

There's also a safety element for the POI. Imagine a vigilante killing an innocent POI. The police would get shredded for needlessly naming that person if they were not ready to make an arrest.
I was never talking about naming a person of interest. I was talking about acknowledging there are persons of interest. What you are talking about is an entirely separate issue from what I was discussing.

And I don't blame anybody for not wanting to stay there. But I don't think the owner will have any problems renting it out especially if they do all of what the other poster said and maybe discount the rent.
You could make the rent free and I still wouldn’t live in it. IMO It will be interesting to see what becomes of the house.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15'
ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

Bringing this over from the last thread because it closed before I could respond.

A lot depends on the jurisdiction and state. Many folks believe 2nd degree murder statutes were written into law as an out to get reduced penalties for a murder charge and take the death penalty off the table.
There is often a very fine line between the two. You mentioned the heat of passion or a rage. You will hear the accused say “I didn’t mean to kill him.” The qualifier is that the defendant knew or should have known that his actions could kill him. If two men get in a fight and one pulls out a gun and shoots the other, he should have known that he could kill him. If the same two men get in a fight and one grabs a lamp and hits the other over the head and he dies, the defendant maybe didn’t know that would kill the victim.. This is a case where, if there is a a statute for 2nd degree murder, they might charge him with that or allow the accused to plea to it.
Hope that helps somewhat.

If I lived in a house with a dog, and I was going to bed before the other people that lived there came home, I might bring the dog in my room so he wouldn't bark and wake me when others came in later.... but thinking about my dog, he didn't bark at people coming into the house with a key, or just walking in...he barked at the doorbell or at someone knocking.
YES - this is my dog! He barks like crazy if someone knocks, but no other time.

An individual who’s name is not being released by LE, is being formally charged for the September 12th “ Threat With Knife Incident “

1. This incident was occurred 2 months before the quadruple murder.
2. On September 16th the perp was identified by LE and charges are now set to go forward.
3. LE maintains this case is NOT related. Posting this to end speculation.

I think drove to the botanical gardens and then walked to the house.

That's interesting. I was thinking possibly somebody living in one of the trailers near w palouse river drive. <modsnip> He drives his car with a bike on the back to that parking area all the way south of the botanical gardens. Then he would take the bike and ride it up the path, leave it somewhere and walk the rest of the way. Seems like a stretch but that did cross my mind.

The possibilities are endless. I still think it's somebody living near that house though.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

My curious nature and questions I have right now -
— They ostensibly signed the lease with only 3 out of 6 bedrooms occupied, how did that happen and how did the other roommates find them and sign on? How did the 3 afford a 6 bedroom (and K was moving out)?
— Why are both sororities now on probation?
— Why did X and K both recently drop out of their sororities?
<modsnip: sleuthing family>
— Why is there such a big gap in E + X’s timeline?
— Why is LE so careful with describing the victims as “likely sleeping” but also to clarify that they weren’t all in their bed?
— LE has stated they have not found any signs of forced entry?
— Why after 2 1/2 weeks is there no toxicology report released?
— If the dog was in the house and unharmed, is it even possible the dog was not crated? If it was crated, who crated it?
Very interesting questions!

Hell, I wanna get one too & I’m in a different state!
I have a gun and I have started carrying it after following this case. I have a heightened sense of wanting to be able to protect myself. And I live thousands of miles from Idaho, but there's no point in having a gun, if you don't have it with you. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member