ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops said it was targeted, so don't be scared. That now looks wrong, so prosecuting atty used weasel words to say yeah it was targeted, but it was the house not the occupants! This is to soften the transition to next phase, where they say killings were random act of psychopath, so yeah, be scared. IMO.
Exactly. The use of the word ‘targeted’ has been cursed in this case. IMO they used it as a community pacifier phrase to minimize panic - don’t worry, the killer had a personal beef with one of the victims. Everyone else is safe!

Not to mention many crimes can be targeted in the sense the attacker sees their victim prey just incidentally and goes after them. Thinking of the Petit family murders in Connecticut where one of the daughters caught a psychos eye at the grocery store, and they were followed home and all attacked a few hours later. Bundy and Rolling campus killings similar, they are predators and prey can catch their eye anywhere. More comforting to think a specific person or house was their goal and now they are lying dormant.

Love that you used Mayo Clinic as the source on this as I am from Minnesota :)

One of the specific triggers of fainting is overstimulation due to sight of blood, of which there was obviously plenty at the scene and if either survivor saw any of the victims they'd see blood. While what happened to EC/XK/KG/MM is beyond comprehension, it's equally devastating to the two survivors and something IDK if they will ever get over the rest of their lives.

My only hope is that the media leaves them alone and lets them grieve and recover in private for a very long time. If God forbid that were my child and a media outlet called to interview her, I don't know if I could hold my tongue but let's just say they wouldn't be calling back again.

<modsnip: No MSM or LE info to support>

As to the media, my view is that one may, in the future, want to call upon them for reasons of justice or personal reasons. But then, I don't answer any calls from numbers that aren't family or close friends in the first place. Local reporters or the Entins of this world can also have information that one might want. Just in case discussing PR strategies in criminal cases is a topic someone (besides the two of us) find interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a link for the vigil? I think it has started if I have the correct time zone.

I know a tweet with this was shared, just wasn't sure if the link had been.

Moscow Homicide Update
November 30, 2022
MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
Updated Information:
• There have been media questions about a September 12th, 2022, incident regarding an argument between a group of people walking on the University of Idaho bike path and a cyclist. It was reported that during the confrontation, the cyclist displayed a folding knife. Both parties dispersed, and there were no injuries. The cyclist turned himself in to the police. The case was investigated and misdemeanor charges were referred to the Moscow City Attorney’s Office. There is no connection with the individual involved in this incident and the current murder investigations.
• Regarding the interview with Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson, we feel his responses were messaged to support the implication that new information had been released. Specifically, generalized statements regarding the potential of targeted victims and the involvement of drugs were redefined into an affirmative answer.
At this time, there is no change or new information in this case, and references otherwise would be inaccurate. We ask the public to refer to the Moscow Police Department website for any updates on the investigation.
• TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Information can be submitted:
o Tip Line: 208-883-7180
o Email: tipline@ci.moscow.id.us
o Digital Media: fbi.gov/moscowidaho
• At this time, no suspect has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. There is speculation, without factual backing, stoking community fears and spreading false facts. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate information and updated progress.
###
All Press Releases and information related to this case are available:
https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/1064/King-Street-Homicide

I rather hope LE begins to phase out these press conferences for all the reasons you have just pointed out. I would rather see one called when LE has a piece of surveillance footage to share, a composite sketch of the suspect or a car they are trying locate. (Or a manhunt)

Thus far the reporters have either asked lame or mundane questions of LE or have asked questions that are case sensitive and they cannot comment.

The lack of press briefings may eventually lull the killer (who is laying low) into a false sense of security and perhaps he will make a mistake when he does come out of hiding.

All of our questions regarding the facts of the case will be answered in due time.
LOL - completely disagree! I think the interviews with every Tom, Dick, and Sally need to end.

It’s beyond ridiculous that those of us here who, you know, actually pay these officials’ salaries & for the investigation, have to surf the Internet to find out what ~our~ officials are saying everywhere else but to those of us they have an actual public safety obligation to.

Many people have neither the time nor the energy to look around for which official is saying what where. Nor should we have to.

This is an important hill many locals are willing to die on now.

IMHO, of course.

I think they have dna from the scene but initial search didn’t turn up a hit so now they need dna to compare it too. If they arrest someone just to get DNA, public will go nuts assuming that’s the killer. Must be a nightmare for LE on top of which they saw the bodies. Wish I had the $$$ to send them a coffee machine or two and a few meals. JMO

Did they ask for a coffee machine?
It is really not difficult to arrange one, it's not $$$, but when I check what firefighters were asking for during 2015 Washington fires, it was not on their list. Lots of other things were. Same with CA fires. Happy to help if we have a list of things they want.

Last edited:
This! An after-after party following the frat party gone bad. An invited guest turns into a violent confrontation. Then we have the missing timeline for X and E, followed by the frat‘s website going dark. MOO.

I wouldn’t look into the fraternity’s website going dark as anything out of the ordinary whether or not there was anything nefarious. I was in a fraternity in college and there are a lot of rules when it came to potentially doing anything that could damage the name - to the point where if we were out drinking or partying, the rule was never wear your letters.

I’m sure that with an open investigation, this is straight protocol.

Not saying they aren’t involved, but we would have been directed in the same way per National.

this case is very hard in many ways. First of all, four innocent lives lost, so many people hurt with this hideous crime, and police are not saying anything.
There are so many theories, so many thoughts about this case and I really hope that some of it will help.
I really think that this was not done by a stranger, a random killing. Even though it happened before, it is very hard to think that one guy, armed with only a knife, just came to that house and went on a killing spree. Even if he followed K&M home so he could kill them, he probably saw 5 parked cars, house was not small so there had to be more students living there. So five minimum, and there could be even more of them because students have sleepovers, boyfriend could spend the night, and with games that weekend, some students from other colleges could have stay with them. IMO I don't think that anybody could be that brave, high, or couldn't care less (maybe with a gun, but not with a knife, that is to personal and you have to be in close proximity with a victim). On the other hand, someone they knew could be more convenient. They had access to the house, they knew the layout of the house, they knew which room is which, they knew the dog... After reading all of the posts from this forum, majority of people are writing about "a guy", one perp not more. IDK, maybe. So there was one knife so there must be one perp. But what if, even though this may sounds silly, but what if there were 2 or 3 of them, and all of them had the same knife. Somebody wrote in this forum that that knife was easy to buy online or in local hunting store. So if this was planned, if someone was hurt by one of the girls or more, maybe few friend came up with a plan weeks before, bought the same knives (maybe they thought that that would confuse police), their DNA is already in the house, like many other people, cause this was know to be a party house. But the only thing that confuses me was why they left survivors. If they wanted to kill K or M and they knew that they were sleeping on the third floor why kill E or X and leave two survivors. Ok maybe X or E heard commotion upstairs and one of them went to check out what's going on and saw perps so they had to kill them too. Then they went downstairs to finish what they started but the girls were locked in, so they leave them and escape? But what if they saw them, why would they leave them alive? Maybe, and that is just my opinion, survivors know something and are afraid to speak out? Maybe they were not outside waiting, but they were inside as friends? Maybe they came with the girls home or pretending they just happened to be here so they let them in to continue partying?
Maybe, Maybe, Maybe. What do you think?

That's already 3 hours old.
Prosecutor was sent to the kiddie's table about 15 minutes ago!
The interview was supposed to be live at 4. I haven't seen that yet and would like to.

Edited to add-
I suspected it was pre-recorded, therefor the statement of him doing no more interviews does not apply and I was hoping to see this possibly pre-recorded interview on the newscast at 4. Unfortunately, I tuned in late and presumably missed it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea of what the approximate AGE of the perpetrator might be? Leave a reason why you do think that way....

I'm thinking maybe.....27-29? Feel he doesn't have the focus or the discipline required for schooling. College dropout.
Janitor i feel like they could be older then the group of victims too

Also you said something in thread 4 that really resonated with me " he thinks he is the smartest person in the room wherever he goes. Just some thoughts."

If that's true do you think this person would a have a small circle of friends because they're insufferable and arrogant to be around. Also hold resentment for people who have a large circle of friends and social life's because they're just nice people and don't have to try.

Anyway this person definitely thought they were smart enough to pull this off. Lets hope their arrogance backfires soon.

Do you think the Moscow police are taking issue with Brian Entin’s messaging, or with the prosecutor himself?
I think the media is hounding everyone and catching officials "off guard". Then, they say something and then it gets amplified. I think the officials mean well, but communication needs to be simple and direct. Everyone is reading too much into one sentence, but it's these one sentences that throwing everything off....MOO

I think media should submit written questions ahead of time. I think it would probably save alot of confusion.

Prosecutors are usually good public speakers, but when someone shoves a mic in your face, sometimes all the factors are not taken into consideration when answering a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES