ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K’s Dad confirmed, K and M died in the same bed. This breaks my heart. I knew he would find a way to sneak in new information though, such a strong dad.

His Quote was “ And in the end they died together, in the same room and the same bed. “

We felt we knew but i think it was just unexpected and a shock to hear that information come out and be confirmed in the way it did. :(
Honestly, I think having it confirmed this way in this setting is the most honest way to hear- and not sanitized/impersonal as a police report would have been.

We did? I sure don't recall reading that anywhere.
No, I recall there was discussion specifically about how we did not yet know if Kaylee and Maddie were together in the same bed.

I agree it's not very surprising that they were in the same bed, but it rules out the idea of the killer first killing one girl, then deliberately moving to the next room to kill the other girl. It suggests the killer could have been targeting just one of the girls, and upon finding them sleeping together, killed them both to silence potential witnesses.

Facts as per MPD 30/11:
* K&M were at a bar called Corner Club at 202 N. Main Street between 10 p.m. Nov 12th and 1:30 a.m. Nov 13th
* Ca 1:40 a.m. K&M were seen on video at a food vendor the “Grub Truck” at 318 S. Main Street
* K&M used a private party for a ride home, arriving at 1122 King Road around 1:56 a.m.
* E&X were seen at the Sigma Chi house at 735 Nez Perce Drive
* At ca 1:45 a.m. on Nov 13th, E&X are believed to have returned to 1122 King Road
* E did technically not live there but was visiting
* The two surviving roommates (SR) had also been out in the Moscow community, separately, and returned home by 1 a.m. on Nov 13th
* SR did not wake up until later that morning
* SR summoned friends to the residence on Nov 13th because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up
* At 11:58 a.m. a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person from one of the SRs’ cell phones inside the residence, multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher
* Officers entered the residence and found two victims on the 2nd floor and two victims on the 3rd floor
* Autopsies were conducted on Nov 17th, coroner confirmed their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing
* The four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times
* There was no sign of sexual assault
-
* No suspects are in custody
* No weapon has been located
* The identity of the 911 caller has not been released
* PD has not verified or identified Kaylee having a stalker
* Rumours about the victims being tied and gagged are not accurate
* On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence, it was unharmed, turned over to Animal Services, and later released to a responsible party
* Local businesses were contacted to determine if a fixed-blade knife had been recently purchased
* Detectives seized the contents of 3 dumpsters on King Road to locate possible evidence
* On Nov 29 detectives relocated 5 vehicles from within the police perimeter to a more secure long-term storage location to continue processing evidence
* After the interview with Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson, his responses were tweeted in a way to make it appear as if new information had been released about the targeting. This is not true, there is no new info released atm
-
At this time, these people are believed not to be involved in this crime:
* Two surviving roommates (SM)
* Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video
* Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on 11/13
* The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of 11/13
* Any individual at the residence when 911 was called

At this time, these events are believed not to be connected:
* The 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington
* The 2021 double stabbing (with one death) in Salem, Oregon
* The 10/21 murder and skinning of a dog in Moscow
* The deceased animals left on property in Moscow - determine to be wildlife activity
* The 9/12 argument between pedestrians and a cyclist who displayed a folding knife during the confrontation, in Moscow
Looks like they did exhaustive evidence collection, precise elaborate DNA sampling over 3 days. That’s great! iMO

I guess I didn't think about it that way. I was thinking the amount of time to go to 3 or 4 rooms. But you're right, maybe more difficult if they were in the same room.
I think so, because coroner said that they all had multiple stab wounds, so that takes time and it is probably physically hard, exhausting.

K’s Dad confirmed, K and M died in the same bed. This breaks my heart. I knew he would find a way to sneak in new information though, such a strong dad.

His Quote was “ And in the end they died together, in the same room and the same bed. “

I wish I could fly out there and help him in some way. Pass out flyers or something. I feel bad for him and their entire family.

Kaylee's dad had breaking news at the vigil when he announced that his daughter died in the same bed as Madison. So that means the killer or killers killed 4 people in 2 rooms. With LE not saying much this can lead to speculation that it almost has to be 2 murderers instead of 1.

Ohhh..that was new! Kaylee's dad confirmed they (Kaylee and Maddie) died together in the same room/bed!
So if that's true, then the suspect only went to two rooms. Still hard to kill 4 people but if it was 2 and 2, maybe a little more explainable?
I don’t know how I feel about any of this. I can’t expect a parent to run his eulogy for his child past the police before speaking. Would LE ask him to not share any details that have not been made public? If LE chose not to divulge that fact, was it important to keep it private in order to catch the killer? Ugh.
That’s along the lines of what I was thinking!

For the sake of context. From the above article:

"Did [Kaylee] ever talk to you about a potential stalker or somebody that made her uncomfortable?" ABC News reporter Kayna Whitworth asked Kaylee's father, Steven Goncalves, in an interview.

"She did," he replied. Police previously said they had thoroughly probed reports from family and friends that Kaylee had a stalker.

"Do you think Kaylee was specifically targeted?" Whitworth asked Goncalves.

"It’s a fear of mine," he replied. "It’s a fear that when you have something like this happen the last thing you want to do is hurt the other family, and you don’t want to have any kind of responsibility for those people to feel like they were just casualties."

I'm touched to tears by the profound sensitivity and compassion towards others this grieving father demonstrates in his last sentence above.

It's possibly imperative to the investigation for LE to determine if one or more of the deceased students were targeted. But for the those who love these young women and the general public, please, can we have it be they were all targeted?

I realize this wish of mine can't be granted, as doubtless eventually, and certainly at trial, should there be one, we'd learn of specific targets, were there any.

Kaylee's dad had breaking news at the vigil when he announced that his daughter died in the same bed as Madison. So that means the killer or killers killed 4 people in 2 rooms. With LE not saying much this can lead to speculation that it almost has to be 2 murderers instead of 1.
Why does it have to be 2 murderers now?

Do the authorities appear fearful to anyone else, or is it just me? I think that could be because this horrible crime was only peripherally related to the victims. Perhaps a message or retribution intended for someone who could or has provided information about some very bad people to law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper