ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylee's dad had breaking news at the vigil when he announced that his daughter died in the same bed as Madison. So that means the killer or killers killed 4 people in 2 rooms. With LE not saying much this can lead to speculation that it almost has to be 2 murderers instead of 1.
How do you suddenly reach that conclusion?? I don't think this really changes anything regarding the # of killers

I just don't understand because in the previous interview with Steve ( and Olivia and the son) they were asked about a Kaylee stalker and Olivia was absolutely adamant that Kaylee had never mentioned this and Steve didn't interject.
Do you think he's only just heard about this?
Yes, he said she had told him she had someone ’following her’.
That reality coming off of his mention of not defunding police and that he was finding out there were other people who had suffered

Looks like they did exhaustive evidence collection, precise elaborate DNA sampling over 3 days. That’s great! iMO
* On the night of the incident, officers located a dog at the residence, it was unharmed, turned over to Animal Services, and later released to a responsible party

A thought just popped into my head.. curious to know if there was blood on the dogs paws or anywhere on the dog when it was found. Was the dog found in a common area of the house vs in the same room/ bed as K&M? I would be curious to know if the dog was in the room or more deliberately put or locked outside of the room they were found in..

Hearing the parents speak was tough. I feel so badly for them all. But, Maddie's dad pushed me over the edge. So much sadness and grief. His only child, how much that must hurt. I pray for them all.
I agree. And you could tell he was so nervous and out of his element. But did it for his daughter. It was very sad, genuine, and heartbreaking.

So if this is true about Maddie & Kaylee being in the same bed and Xana and Ethan were most likely in the Xana's bed then this might explain why there was talk of defensive wounds on some of the victims. If one person was being murdered wouldn't it make sense that the other person in the bed would wake up during the attack and try to fight the killer or killers off?

I don't get why Kaylee's dad would leak that information, unless it was unintentional. Isn't this something that the police may have held back as something only the killer would know? JMO.
My daughter told me that yesterday. We were talking about the case and she said that they were probably sleeping in the same bad. When I asked her why would they sleep in the same bad if both have their own rooms, she said to me that this was her last night there and because they were BFFs for a very long time they probably slept in the same bed. So she was moving out and it was here last night, or she moved before and was just visiting so she didn't have her room anymore.

I do agree, although I think if the killer can handle the stress of sneaking into the house, carrying out the 4 kills and escaping with no trace, he must be almost a professional hitman, or something of that ilk. Such a high-level of confidence.

That's why I don't think he'll crack. Psychologically, he'll be able to handle the aftermath.

In fact, for him, it may be relief now he has done the deed.

MOO.
It is impossible to slaughter 4 people with a knife and leave no trace. This crime scene was soaked in blood. The assailant walked in it, was covered in it, and left a trail as they removed him/herself from the scene. Difficult to understand how LE was unable to locate a trail.

Ahhh! This is going to give me anxiety. Just yesterday the prosecutor said the house was the target. Perhaps they found something new? I really hope this is fruitful & they catch this monster.
If he really said that, it’s a complete contradiction to what he told the other reporter. I’m disappointed at the amount of unreliable information coming from official sources.

I don't get why Kaylee's dad would leak that information, unless it was unintentional. Isn't this something that the police may have held back as something only the killer would know? JMO.
I think that poor man has just about had enough. His child was savagely stabbed to death. Weeks ago. No suspects. No information. I don't blame him one bit for eulogizing his daughter and her best friend.

Do the authorities appear fearful to anyone else, or is it just me? I think that could be because this horrible crime was only peripherally related to the victims. Perhaps a message or retribution intended for someone who could or has provided information about some very bad people to law enforcement.
MOO

I don’t think they’re fearful, per se. I think if anything, they could be apprehensive in saying too much to the public and giving away details that can be used against a suspect’s alibi/story.

They‘re also likely aware that their lack of information for the public makes them appear distrustful which is obviously not ideal.

It’s not likely, IMO, but people who simply don’t trust LE‘s handling of the case might not want to offer up any info about a potential suspect. Others may believe their tip must not be helpful if LE is seemingly just as stumped as we all are (from an outsider’s perspective at least).

If LE is fearful, they’re afraid of allowing any suspect to slip through their fingers.

Maybe something they were holding close to the vest for various reasons but then again, they knew it would eventually be revealed. God bless these poor families...its just horrible...how do you ever move on from something like this?
The horrendous story is very upsetting. I keep thinking every day the police will come out and say they arrested somebody, maybe tomorrow. i’m glad each one had someone by their side when it happened.

I think that that would be even harder for one perp to do. IMO The other one would surely wake up and started screaming, started helping the other one or started running for help, and than others would wake up too. And he had to do it twice. I really think there were 2 or 3 perps
I think it would be easy enough. The girls were asleep and inebriated. That being said, it makes me wonder if one of the two was the target, the killings began upstairs and the noise woke Ethan and Xana. Without jumping off the 3rd floor balcony, the perp had to make his way back across the 2nd floor. Would be especially plausible if Ethan was found in hallway and Xana in bed, maybe she only half woke up and didn’t scream. Most of these attacks were likely so sudden there was probably little noise from the victims.

Why does it have to be 2 murderers now?
As I wrote before, it is not easy for one perp to kill 2 people in the same room because other one would wake up and try to help, scream, or started running for help. Others would wake up for sure. And he had to do it twice, two rooms two people. If there were 2 or more perps, it would be easier, faster and quieter. IMO

I'm touched to tears by the profound sensitivity and compassion towards others this grieving father demonstrates in his last sentence above.

It's possibly imperative to the investigation for LE to determine if one or more of the deceased students were targeted. But for the those who love these young women and the general public, please, can we have it be they were all targeted?

I realize this wish of mine can't be granted, as doubtless eventually, and certainly at trial, should there be one, we'd learn of specific targets, were there any.
IMO it was a statement that likely never had any evidence in support, had no investigative value, was meant to calm the public but did exactly the opposite. The public isn’t stupid.
Whoever said it was clearly not thinking, and did not stop to consider how it may have impacted the victims’ families.
Which would you want your dead child to be, the target of a brutal murder where others were killed trying to get to them, or the collateral damage but not the real target?
The lack of homicide experience showed, and coming back from that to earn public trust will be tough.
Just like K’s dad, in the end no one has no choice anyways, the families are “doomed without them”.
What insult on top of injury

IMO

I think it would be easy enough. The girls were asleep and inebriated. That being said, it makes me wonder if one of the two was the target, the killings began upstairs and the noise woke Ethan and Xana. Without jumping off the 3rd floor balcony, the perp had to make his way back across the 2nd floor. Would be especially plausible if Ethan was found in hallway and Xana in bed, maybe she only half woke up and didn’t scream. Most of these attacks were likely so sudden there was probably little noise from the victims.
That’s pretty much what I was thinking earlier today. He went/was on third floor first & since both were together, he may have had some difficulty, dropped something, tripped etc.
Ethan &/or Xana either heard the noise & he went to investigate or one of them had the extreme misfortune to need a drink or bathroom break as the perp came down. (Iirc, the bathroom isn’t attached to the bedroom... & I’m not sure it was ever established that Kaylee had already moved out.)

Now the head prosecutor Bill Thompson is saying that maybe the house was the target, and not necessarily any particular individual or individuals. Interesting why he's now throwing that out there. And LE has the initial 911 that they can always release if they reach a dead end on leads. The fact they still haven't released it yet tells me that they are hot on the trail.
i wonder who owns the house? Could this end up being a revenge act against the owner? Weird idea I know.

So let's say for now we have the actual murder scenes down to two rooms. Xana's on the second floor and Maddies on the third. The question is now in which room did it all start? Did they start in Xana's room and move up, or Maddies's room and move down. If they knew who was all in the house than they may started with Xana's room because it had the only male in the house. If they didn't know who all was there then that logic goes out the window. I guess it depends on who the target was. If there was one. Thoughts?

Just thought of another option. There were two killers and both rooms were attacked at the same time?

Last edited:
IDK, maybe for someone who has more experience, for someone who killed before, but if it was some inexperienced student who had a grudge for one of the girls, IDK, too many people and one knife. Maybe if he had a gun, but this was personal and he had to be very close to each of them. Multiple stab wounds... But maybe you are right. We are all speculating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735