Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, per this a person.
NEW: I just interviewed @LatahCountyID prosecuting attorney Bill Thompson.

He confirmed that one of the victims in the home was in fact the target.

He also said he’s confident they are going to find out who did this & hold them accountable.

Tune in to @KTVB at 4 for his intvw

Sounds like the DA is giving us a heads up. Soon could be in a week!

Do outsiders go to these frat parties? I just can't see a frat brother being involved in this because some other frat brother(s) would likely know about the fixed blade weapon. In my opinion the perp has a knife fixation and I presume that would be common knowledge amongst frat brothers. With Ethan's brother also being in the frat I think anything untoward happening to E and X at that party would have already been made public in the beginning. Again just my opinion.

It almost seems more awkward having someone hold them down to me, but I'm no killer. JMO
I agree. I frankly would not be the one picked to be holding someone down while someone else is stabbing with a long blade knife. One slip and....and not to mention having to stab around someone holding someone down. That also theoretically puts 4 people in or immediately around the bed. Makes no sense to me. Of all the things here that I have no strong sense of, one of the few things I do strongly feel is that this was carried out by one person, and only one person. JMO

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Ethan and Jack were in the same fraternity?

I can give you an example. I have been trained in this by a university. If It came to my attention that a student for example was sexually assaulted, and if I call 911 I am fired. I must only contact the university. The university then reaches out to the victim and the perpetrator and manages it in house.
The "Title IX" statute reference threw me. I worked at a college, a small but corrupt one, and served as a faculty member on student appeals -- usually they were being booted out for some perceived legal infraction. So yeah, I can attest this sort of thing does go on, even at small-fry schools.

I think either they'll have to wait until he does this again and/or they'll try taunting him out. Empathy isn't his thing, but ego may be.
Or better, they will stop treating the community with kid gloves and release a composite/profile.

At this point, I hope they know who did it and are watching him while building a case, or else they should be frank with the community-at-large. Because if someone else gets attacked/killed due to their keeping any information about a potential serial killer 'close to the vest', then any goodwill they had will be lost and lawsuits will abound.

My opinion.

this made my stomach turn so much hearing this. im equal parts more heartbroken and just happy to know they spent their lives together and had a good night and died together.
Yes, so so so sad...in the context I wondered if Mr G was actually implying both Girls were targeted...Maybe....Maybe not...but he is an incredible Father dealing with so much pain so determined to get justice for the Girls!

Do outsiders go to these frat parties? I just can't see a frat brother being involved in this because some other frat brother(s) would likely know about the fixed blade weapon. In my opinion the perp has a knife fixation and I presume that would be common knowledge amongst frat brothers. With Ethan's brother also being in the frat I think anything untoward happening to E and X at that party would have already been made public in the beginning. Again just my opinion.
Lots of frat guys and probably sorority women will bring unaffiliated dates to parties in my experience.

I think they have dna from the scene but initial search didn’t turn up a hit so now they need dna to compare it too. If they arrest someone just to get DNA, public will go nuts assuming that’s the killer. Must be a nightmare for LE on top of which they saw the bodies. Wish I had the $$$ to send them a coffee machine or two and a few meals. JMO
I do as well, I think perhaps using cars to see if they can find a hit from one of them. To narrow down if it could be someone that is close to them.

So part of my job involves property deed research so I decided to see who owns the house they were living in. The house is owned by an LLC which I traced back to a realtor in Colorado. He owns a few of the houses on the street. Nothing seems out of place, clean business filing records and normal, I imagine just your average college house landlord. Im not sure any of this matters but I’m just adding to the collective knowledge pile.

I said this earlier, landlords don't butcher their cash cows. There's probably less than 1% of landlords that would kill their tenants over non payments and they are mostly with a gun I believe.

And there's no evidence that any of the people living in that house were not paying their rent. E was a guest. K was leaving. X lived there for a while from what I understand. I assume she had a good track record based on that. M had a job.

I really feel for the LEOs on this case. IMO They are in over the head. I fear occums razor here…the simplest answer is the right one…and that is that they have no motive, no POI and still don’t know really what happened. The lack of communication with the public is simply they don’t have much and still don’t know what happened. Sincerely hope I am wrong about this
And they come out with a POI or substantial info soon.

I do believe with this new information we may need to start discussing new theory’s. I think given all we know now, it may be very telling that police have not informed the public of E and X’s exact locations and have 4.5 hours missing of their timeline. I find it HARD to believe that with all their friends, family ( E’s siblings attend the same University ) phone records and interviews that LE doesn’t have a timeline for E & X. MOO
Huh? Why is LE obligated to inform the public of the whereabouts of Ethan and Xana's exact location?

And what 4.5- hours are missing?

Wasn't that explained where Ethan attended his sister's sorority formal along with his brother:

“He was our our daughter Maizie's date, and his brother was Maizie's roommates date,” Chapin’s mother, Stacy Chapin, said in an interview Wednesday. The group was attending a dance hosted by Maizie's sorority. “They all spent their last day together, all dressed up, and had a great time. We’re all thankful that they spent that time together.”

Ethan Chapin captured photos of the event on his phone, but the family has yet to see them. The device is being held by law enforcement as potential evidence in the homicide investigation.

Chances are, the photos will show the waves in his dark hair and the dimple that emerges when he smiles. What they won't show is Ethan's knack for making people laugh, or that he never cared what restaurant the family was headed to, so long as they were going there together.

I can imagine the pain he feels. Unbelievable grief. But soon anger and lawsuits will follow.

I can give you an example. I have been trained in this by a university. If It came to my attention that a student for example was sexually assaulted, and if I call 911 I am fired. I must only contact the university. The university then reaches out to the victim and the perpetrator and manages it in house.
Thankfully so. It is always a woman's or man's decision to report if he/she has been sexually assaulted or not. The only mandatory report to law enforcement is for a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member