ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A neighbour of the four murdered University of Idaho students has denied the “upsetting” rumours swirling about him online after Reddit sleuths cast suspicion on him in the wake of the brutal stabbings.

Student JR said on Tuesday that he has “nothing to hide” but admitted that it was “upsetting being compared to a murderer” after his previous media interviews became the subject of intense online scrutiny.

His comments came as officials appeared to walk back previous claims that the killings were “targeted” with Latah County Prosecutor Prosecutor Bill Thompson now admitting that “perhaps isn’t the best word to use”."

Fair use snip with the name redacted by me. I am glad WS does not allow the accusing behavior found on other less-professional sleuthing boards.

Link:

This is the reason I stay off of reddit. People need to understand that casting suspicion on anyone at this point is dangerous. The last thing we need is a mob making unfounded accusations.

I think he's being honest and I think it will be appreciated.
He has no choice in any case.
Only a fool would remain unafraid under these circumstances
Totally agree but I stand by what I said regarding how things are right now, over 2 weeks later. JMO.

Funny, I take care of my mom much of the year and I am now. She watches two hours of MSM news a night (I hate it!!!) but I haven't and she hasn't seen much coverage. Granted, I'm on the east coast atm but mom watches a lot of national news and I'm not seeing much. Just my experience & opinion.

EBM for typos
Perhaps it’s just out west then? Everyone I know is talking about it.

Snell - So, that's actually a really difficult question and the reason why is because that would be pertinent to the investigation. I think what we have been very consistent in saying is that we believe that this was targeted. We have not come out and said it's targeted to one person or to multiple people. That's all part of that investigation that ultimately will come out. But just right now, it's pretty pertinent to our investigation.
——————————————————————————————————————————

This particular comment by Snell made me wonder if the target was a Greek House (possibly a fraternity), and the perp was someone who was turned down for admission or insulted by them in some way or was just extremely envious. It would be too difficult to kill everyone in a frat house because there are just too many people there—so perhaps targeting just a few students who are known to be in fraternities/sororities would be “doable.”

If the killer has additional targets, viritually every college house will be empty during the vigil....

I hope ring cameras and the like have been added in abundance.

I imagine nerves are on high alert -- until the killer is caught, no one is safe.

JMO

Does anyone else vacillate between it was someone who watched them for awhile or someone they encountered very recently?

Kaylee & Maddie were at the bar for 3 & a half hours. That’s a long time to sit unobserved & when drinking, you’re not really paying attention to who’s around or who may be watching you. You also tend to be louder & more loose lipped after drinking. Jmo

I think he's being honest and I think it will be appreciated.
He has no choice in any case.
Only a fool would remain unafraid under these circumstances
yes but he said
' I just think this is another example which shows that crime happens'

I think that was far too casual and Brian Eckles is never going to be as vulnerable as a student community

Plus he was attending a vigil in a few hours where some bereft parents will be speaking, after a slaying
I think he could've been less casual in his tone

Does anyone find it strange the police have not mentioned the apartment building to the left of the girls house? Maybe they have and I missed it.

For me it’s just odd it hasn’t been discussed more.

The fact that there is a substantial sized apartment building, primarily one - two bedrooms… with the best access to the dead end road behind the house, also has best indoor Birds Eye view of the home….

I believe they are called queens road apartments. 500 queens road.

The killer could have easily stalked the girls, learned their routines and been able to enter and leave the home unseen. Given the coverage behind the house and to the apartment building.

I’m attaching Google images for you to tell me your thoughts.

If I were an investigator… I’d want information on everyone and their friends who live in this building.
I have questions on neighbors who were interviewed in (who live in one of the apt buildings) the article I posted a few threads ago. From the interview it seemed they could look out their window and see the police and surviving roommates from their window. Which apt. Were they in? Can’t post more observations or curiosities due to TOS. Just thinking.

I think the media is hounding everyone and catching officials "off guard". Then, they say something and then it gets amplified. I think the officials mean well, but communication needs to be simple and direct. Everyone is reading too much into one sentence, but it's these one sentences that throwing everything off....MOO

I think media should submit written questions ahead of time. I think it would probably save alot of confusion.

Prosecutors are usually good public speakers, but when someone shoves a mic in your face, sometimes all the factors are not taken into consideration when answering a question.
BBM

The interview with the prosecutor and Brian Entin was a sit down interview, done in a conference or meeting room, clearly not a shoves a mic in your face situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation