Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least one had defensive wounds so I do not believe this is correct
"Likely" means room for not asleep. Based on the time, most people would be asleep, so likely asleep. Not guaranteed asleep, because they really did not know at the time that was said. They still may not know and may never know.

Defensive wounds can be reflexive/instinctive. Clearly they woke up briefly when attacked, because who wouldn't? But they were likely asleep when attacked according to the coroner.

My opinion.
Can you link to this statement by the coroner that all were asleep please? I know they said some of them were but I didn't think they said all were. However, I've been away a few days and have probably missed some stuff. Thanks

At least one had defensive wounds so I do not believe this is correct

There are types of defensive wounds obtained when one is attacked and wakes up from sleep (for example, the knife wound or whatever it was, was at an angle consistent with the person lying down on a bed (and maybe going through INTO the bed), in which the body is found in a defensive posture with a few defensive wounds (that don't bleed long).

“We have spoken with the Latah County Prosecutor’s Office and identified this was a miscommunication. Detectives do not currently know if the residence or any occupants were specifically targeted but continue to investigate.”

Good golly, Miss Molly. I'm just...
Something must be going on, it seems to me, because of this back-and-forth from different departments. Maybe they just want stuff kept quiet a while longer.

Have you ever wondered how the killer felt safe enough presumably thinking they were asleep? Have you ever wondered how long the killer was in the house before attacking? Could the killer hear so much directly outside the rooms to feel like they were asleep? Why not presume they might be on their phone or being intimate and not asleep? I think this is worth thinking about.

Personally, I have many questions about this.
I agree with you. I have questioned from the beginning how the coroner (and then LE repeated) could know that someone was asleep. There are plenty of other things that people could be doing in bed aside from sleeping.

Can you link to this statement by the coroner that all were asleep please? I know they said some of them were but I didn't think they said all were. However, I've been away a few days and have probably missed some stuff. Thanks

Have you ever wondered how the killer felt safe enough presumably thinking they were asleep? Have you ever wondered how long the killer was in the house before attacking? Could the killer hear so much directly outside the rooms to feel like they were asleep? Why not presume they might be on their phone or being intimate and not asleep? I think this is worth thinking about.

Well kind of like the Chi Omega killings, it all happened so impulsively and fast, it could be over in a matter of a few minutes.

There is something that has been bothering me. KG moved out of house and moved home in the middle of a semester for an internship? That just strikes me as odd from a timing perspective. Any details in the internship which turned into a well paying full time job. Why does the family keep stressing how well this job pays? Seems like a weird thing to focus on.

My guess would be since E was found outside of a bedroom, it started in the room with the 2 girls. Likely E, and maybe X, heard something, went to investigate, encountered the killer in hallway and was killed there
Is it a fact he was outside the bedroom? I've skipped a few pages.

How do you suddenly reach that conclusion?? I don't think this really changes anything regarding the # of killers
If there was more than one person involved, it will ultimately have them turning on each other. What is the old saying… “three people can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” The Holly Bobo case is a good example, and it took a while to solve, but when the detectives started getting close, they started to talk, trying to leverage plea deals for themselves. If it was one random stranger, it will be more difficult unless forensics solves it.

"Likely" means room for not asleep. Based on the time, most people would be asleep, so likely asleep. Not guaranteed asleep, because they really did not know at the time that was said. They still may not know and may never know.
Respectfully, I'm pretty sure they're not basing such a conclusion in this case on the time most people are asleep. I mean, it's one of the most important details

I agree with you. I have questioned from the beginning how the coroner (and then LE repeated) could know that someone was asleep. There are plenty of other things that people could be doing in bed aside from sleeping.
I am not talking about the coroner knowing that. Frankly, I am way over that part of the convo.

I am talking about how this perp expected that. Apparently, the perp was concerned enough to strike in the dead of night. How did he/she know they were really asleep?

The DA said LE believe the house was targeted but does not have any evidence that a specific person was targeted in the house.

My opinion.
"Moscow Police Chief James Fry told ABC News on Wednesday that police still "believe this is a targeted attack," but he won't reveal why they think that. Fry would not say if a person or the house was a target."
Prosecutor said that they made mistake and that the house was targeted. Police wouldn't specify. So who knows. I really hope for the sake of the parents that prosecutor was right.

Could Kaylee and/or Maddie been roofied while at the bar? How long until that kind of drug kicks in? What if it was a smaller dose than normal? Would they have been able to go from the bar to the food truck & then home before feeling the full effects? MOO.

Something must be going on, it seems to me, because of this back-and-forth from different departments. Maybe they just want stuff kept quiet a while longer.
I agree. Yesterday the prosecutor said what the police told him to say. Today the truth slipped out, and the police were pissed about it. So now everyone is scrambling to make sure the correct messaging is out there from both parties.

I am not talking about the coroner knowing that. Frankly, I am way over that part of the convo.

I am talking about how this perp expected that. Apparently, the perp was concerned enough to strike in the dead of night. How did he/she know they were really asleep?
He could well have been within earshot or entered soon after all went to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali