ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that same article it says the coroner also said it wasn't true all were murdered in their beds so I think this issue is a wash at this point and will remain so until the official autopsy reports, crime scene reports are released

Have you ever wondered how the killer felt safe enough presumably thinking they were asleep? Have you ever wondered how long the killer was in the house before attacking? Could the killer hear so much directly outside the rooms to feel like they were asleep? Why not presume they might be on their phone or being intimate and not asleep? I think this is worth thinking about.

Personally, I have many questions about this.
This is a good point. How did the killer know they were asleep? Maybe that points to the killer hiding on the house...in a closet or under a bed?

My heart breaks that nobody was there for Xana. E’s mom didn’t mention her, no family was there, no Pi Phis spoke about her bright life. Nothing.

It seemed so cold whereas the other three were warmly remembered by those who loved them.
It was said her family is preparing for a personal service in just a couple of days. Perhaps they are too distraught and not yet ready to publicly appear in a sensitive location. Perhaps they need to grieve alone at this time. I can imagine how overwhelming the situation is.

Guns leave a lot more evidence to work with than knives. Knives are quiet. Those are my first two impressions. Could also be a million other things. Maybe it’s more related to the killer’s psychology and the murders were more personal.
Or maybe, the person wasn't old enough to buy a gun or couldn't get a gun permit because of his background or didn't want to leave that kind of "trail". Just my thoughts.

Could K or M could have been roofied at the bar? M looked kind of like she was staggering a bit at the food truck? Could she have passed out soon after going home due to her drink having been drugged? (How long until something like that takes effect?) And Kaylee was still up, taking the dog out, calling the ex, etc? Since she & Maddie were like sisters, she could have used M's phone to try the ex too since he wasn't answering calls from K's phone. Just thinking that's perhaps a way a killer could have ensured one of the people on the top floor wouldn't be a problem, kwim?

Purely speculation. MOO.

It was said her family is preparing for a personal service in just a couple of days. Perhaps they are too distraught and not yet ready to publicly appear in a sensitive location. Perhaps they need to grieve alone at this time. I can imagine how overwhelming the situation is.
I'm searching for the invitation to Xana's memorial on Friday. I saw it earlier

My heart breaks that nobody was there for Xana. E’s mom didn’t mention her, no family was there, no Pi Phis spoke about her bright life. Nothing.

It seemed so cold whereas the other three were warmly remembered by those who loved them.
I also found it a bit strange. It's sad she wasn't remembered like the others were but I don't feel it is anything to read into too deeply.

Is this a real question? If it is, a target that you are shooting an arrow at is an inanimate object. It's still a target.

But to clarify, if a residence or place or something that people might be present at is a target, it means that ANYONE could have been there and that person would have been killed.

Shooter with the Zoo as a target. Doesn't care WHO gets killed as long as they kill someone. The Zoo is the target, not the people. Maybe the shooter hates the zoo so he wants all people to be afraid of the zoo. Does that help?
Forgive me. I wasn’t being flippant. I just haven’t perfected thinking like a killer. Your explanation is helpful. Thank you.

If the house was the target, seeing that it’s still there, is it still in danger? Or was it just a one time target…

This is a good point. How did the killer know they were asleep? Maybe that points to the killer hiding on the house...in a closet or under a bed?
Even with that, hiding in a closet only gets you in the house, or maybe the bedroom. Yet this killer was ok with the task of killing two people in one room and went on to kill in another room. Blows my mind.

Let's say the killers target was dog owners and the police knew this but kept it to themselves. Then another dog owner was attacked by the killer before they had enough to arrest him. Would the investigators bear any responsibility for not informing the public of something important to their safety? How much of a pass is it appropriate to give the police on holding back what they know?

And what if they say dog owners should beware and it turns out in the end, it actually wasn't dog owners and a couple without a dog was killed? Or what if the killer's defense is that the cops were closed off to any other motive or target for the attack? That's what I mean. When they know so little, it's better to protect the investigation.

Why wouldn't the killer just open the window and jump from the balcony? He doesn't have to worry about confronting somebody else and possibly being overpowered. The balcony doesn't look like it's that high up?

He goes straight up the third floor. Takes out his target. Maybe makes some noise and now he thinks somebody downstairs might have heard it. It's either unknown to him who's down there or it is known to him and he knows it's Ethan who, like I said, was a big kid. Do you go down and possibly get overpowered or do you go out the window in Maddie's room and jump from the balcony to make your escape?
So if the target was on the second floor it would be even easier to escape through the sliding doors. But killer/s didn't stop on the third or second floor, which ever was first. But it stopped one which ever was second, but why? that doesn't make any sense. It is good that it stopped, because two more precious lives would be lost, but still, why? Nothing makes sense here.

Have you ever wondered how the killer felt safe enough presumably thinking they were asleep? Have you ever wondered how long the killer was in the house before attacking? Could the killer hear so much directly outside the rooms to feel like they were asleep? Why not presume they might be on their phone or being intimate and not asleep? I think this is worth thinking about.

Personally, I have many questions about this.

Really good questions. He might have felt he could handle both scenarios. It probably might be why he would go to X and E room first and murder them before heading upstairs. Just in case they were not asleep. (if M or K was the target)

Respectfully, I'm pretty sure they're not basing such a conclusion in this case on the time most people are asleep. I mean, it's one of the most important details
Agreed, but that would be one of many factors and they keep words intentionally vague for a reason.

But I will reiterate, based on my own experience with a murdered friend where I had to wait 40+ years to find out who killed her and what all the cryptic comments meant, LE will not be telling us anything that might compromise the case and if that includes 3 were asleep and one was awake and fighting for their life, they are not going to tell us. Not if it could mean they can't get a conviction when they catch whoever did this. It might not seem like a big deal to non LE, but it makes a big difference. They will not say 2 were found in bed with stab wounds, 1 was in the hallway and one was laying on the floor appearing to crawl to the doorway (no basis in fact for that statement, BTW, just an example). They just won't because making the masses happy with information is not as important as convicting whoever did this. Even after waiting 40+ years to find out why the cryptic comments in my friends case, I'm all for keeping the important stuff to themselves.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Even if there is no suspect there should be a profile of the killer to help the general public. The FBI has agents assigned to this case and should be giving out info to make it look like they are on to the killer. I mean I would guess the guy is white, early to late 20's. An avid hunter who has tortured animals in the past and carries a big knife. He probably stands out as weird and probably has a problem with women. People out there fit this description, this aint Ted Bundy although the Chi Omega murders do seem somewhat similar. Except this guy stabbed 4 people to death without anyone hearing the first sound or seeing anything. I wouldn't doubt if he did wait in the house for everyone to fall asleep, insane, Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot