ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I wrote before, it is not easy for one perp to kill 2 people in the same room because other one would wake up and try to help, scream, or started running for help. Others would wake up for sure. And he had to do it twice, two rooms two people. If there were 2 or more perps, it would be easier, faster and quieter. IMO

If he goes ear to ear on the first, then stabs the 2nd one. There's no chance. Especially if they are in the same bed.

This guy has probably played it over and over in his mind.

If you are wondering why the police said targeted and no threat. Probably University control. The Mayor in collaboration with the University probably told the police to say that. All speculation on my part but that’s just how politics works. And as I have said, institutional and agency self preservation outweighs solving crimes sometimes. Sort of like the Mayor of Amity keeping the beach open when jaws was lurking. Expect a lawsuit soon against the University in my opinion.
What would be the grounds for a lawsuit against the University? I see no negligence here, as the crime took place off campus in a private residence, so how would the University have any responsibility?

I can’t find it online?

so why was that not in the police blotter?

I have no idea! I’m still trying to catch up and figure out exactly what Ashley Banfield said about the 9-1-1 call made near the scene. I haven’t seen a link posted but I’m going through my tv and watching Banfield so I’ll let you know.

22-M09896 Alcohol Offense
Incident Address: TAYLOR AVE; Band Field
MOSCOW ID 83843
Disposition: ACT
Time Reported: 03:01
Cad Comments:
Officer requested a case. Report taken.

If you are wondering why the police said targeted and no threat. Probably University control. The Mayor in collaboration with the University probably told the police to say that. All speculation on my part but that’s just how politics works. And as I have said, institutional and agency self preservation outweighs solving crimes sometimes. Sort of like the Mayor of Amity keeping the beach open when jaws was lurking. Expect a lawsuit soon against the University in my opinion.
Do you think the feds are going to bow to a university? I don't think so. LE wants this solved. The University and the entire town won't function normally until it is and they know that. I am curious what your angle is and why you find the University so negligent it would seem.

I would be curious to know if there are any active investigations into a greek house currently.

Can you link to this statement by the coroner that all were asleep please? I know they said some of them were but I didn't think they said all were. However, I've been away a few days and have probably missed some stuff. Thanks
I seem to recall it was worded oddly like, at the time of the attack they were all sleeping. Doesn't mean they stayed asleep????? IMO it implies the victims had retired to their rooms, in other words there wasn't other activities going on, i.e. a party, other visitors etc.

But it was Ethan’s fraternity. Not just any fraternity. And whatever happened to warrant a call to police happened in the field between the frat and the house where the victims lived — VERY close to the house.

And it happened at 3:01 am, just as the victims were falling asleep. (The last call to J was at 2:52).

Those are definitely some crazy coincidences if they are coincidences.

Speculation / new theory: one of the victims (maybe one of the two with the 4.5 hours missing in their timeline) called the police on someone. That somebody got extremely angry, followed them home, and killed them.
But they did just happen to be located near Ethan’s fraternity, which was very close to the house. I don’t know, it just doesn’t strike me as related. And why would they go after others in the house if it was related to X and E having been at the party earlier? Also, the police have that info…so they should know the perp if that theory is correct, right?

I'm considering some things *assuming* (speculating) all 4 victims were attacked while in 2 different beds.

There would be some fast striking. How did that happen? Running from one side of the bed to the other? Crawling over victim # 1 of each pair? At some point in time, that could potentially become awkward in regards to the killer's ability to strike effectively. Perp had to have blood on him. I just can't envision him not.

JMO

If they're deep asleep and were drinking that night, it's probably a lot harder to wake up right away and be alert enough to respond adequately.

Is this a real question? If it is, a target that you are shooting an arrow at is an inanimate object. It's still a target.

But to clarify, if a residence or place or something that people might be present at is a target, it means that ANYONE could have been there and that person would have been killed.

Shooter with the Zoo as a target. Doesn't care WHO gets killed as long as they kill someone. The Zoo is the target, not the people. Maybe the shooter hates the zoo so he wants all people to be afraid of the zoo. Does that help?
Exactly!

I'm starting to get migraines!!

I said from day 2, this is a communication disaster. Every day that passes reaffirms that. They have no clue what they're doing when it comes to communications. MOO.

I’ve looked all over the internet until my eyes bled out of my nostril.. Tell me: has it been confirmed that Kaylee had already moved out? It seemed that you could see her bed, the “good vibes” sign & other things thru the window/door after the crime.

First-time-poster here....

I just am not seeing enough actual evidence to begin to piece any significant part of this together. The suspect could be a 16-year-old girl or a group of middle-aged men or a serial killer or anything imaginable. No concrete idea from my perspective....
Snipping for focus.
Welcome to Websleuths.
Tho your post describes you as a T/C novice, I agree: to date, LE has not released factual info pointing to identifying a suspect. Or even a person of interest.

Does the use of a knife instead of a gun say anything about the killer's income status or ability to procure a gun?
Snipping to address part of only one angle: Using knife, not gun?
Not necessarily indicate anything about income.

Why was gun not used?
If perp planned killings, prior to entering house/apt., seemly likely perp may have considered gunshot noises & the unwelcome attention they would have brought in that neighborhood of closely spaced homes & apts. Well, that is, if perp was thinking rationally, as we usu. do here.

Ability to procure gun?
Could perp have bought a handgun legally?
Purchasing a firearm is subject to federal law and a federal NICS* background check for sales made thru fed'ly licensed firearms dealers.**
IN. statutes also govern handgun purchases.***
For private sales in IN, background checks are not required, so a perp may have chosen that route.

Of course, as an alternative to legally purchasing, a perp could "borrow" either w. or w'out owner's permission.
Or might use the time-tested way stealing a handgun.
If planning to use a handgun to kill or even "just injure" a person, a perp may not give a second's thought to possible prosecution or conviction for handgun law violations.

It's also possible perp had gun w him at the time of killings and may have shown it to one or more victims (brandishing it to encourage silence) but did not fire it.

So much we do not know. At least not yet.

For lots of tedious, technical details, see:

* National Instant Criminal Background Check System - Wikipedia

** Gun law in the United States - Wikipedia

*** Gun laws in Indiana - Wikipedia

Both Indiana and Federal laws restrict purchase and possession under certain circumstances. Federal law prohibits possession of firearms for life by those convicted of felonies and for those convicted of misdemeanors involving domestic violence.

I think that that would be even harder for one perp to do. IMO The other one would surely wake up and started screaming, started helping the other one or started running for help, and than others would wake up too. And he had to do it twice. I really think there were 2 or 3 perps

or how about pre-cut duct tape over the mouth and fast wounds that made it impossible for them to scream and were fatal within 30-40 seconds each? When you're used to sleeping in a bed with someone, esp if you've been drinking and are full of pasta, you might not wake at the slightest sound or have lightening fast responses to go all ninja on a killer. in fact, your first and last thought might be one of confusion, trying to wake enough to understand what was happening, but it would be too late. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member