ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never posted before, just read along varying cases. My first thought in this case is that the crime may have been committed by someone from Kaylee and Maddie's home town. There may have been a person long known to them, perhaps a year or two older, who particularly admired Kaylee from a bit of afar. Said person didn't go off to university, but joined the military for a couple of years. That wasn't all he imagined, so he got out and went home, taking whatever job he could to get a place and live even if meagerly. People from the hometown not attending university go down to Moscow to party with their old friends on the weekends. He went, probably more than once. Maybe more than once he was at the house. Perhaps he made a move, however subtle, at Kaylee that went virtually unnoticed by her. He knew from scuttlebutt that she had broken up with her boyfriend, so there might have been a chance. He may be her "stalker".

While she was at home, he and Kaylee crossed paths. He found she was leaving for a new life--travel in Europe, a job in Texas and then would be completely out of his orbit. Infuriated at his lack of success in career, education and romance, he's going to make sure the object of his desire would never be had by another. The other 3 just crossed his path.

This is, of course, just MOO from my vivid imagination and unfortunate familiarity with the "If I can't have her, no one can" crime. I sure hope I haven't broken any rules here, but wanted to share these thoughts.

Steve Goncalves, father of Kaylee Goncalves, one of the victims of the University of Idaho murders, speaks out about the case on 'The Story with Martha MacCallum:

Sorry to jump ahead, but my mind is blown. If I’m correctly understanding the clip, K had not moved out as many WSs had theorized, her bed was still there & made, meaning they were murdered (or at least attacked) in M’s bed?

Is that what he’s saying, or am I misunderstanding?

Huge difference, IMHO.

But once he or she decides to kill a person even if they didn’t know them or know anything about them, that victim became his target; even if it was only a moment before. The perp chose them out of everyone else in the world.
Of course, we usually think of random vs targeted In a broader sense in that the person knew who he wanted to kill or what house he wanted to enter ahead of time and for a particular reason.
JMO
I know a guy that has one of those big lifted pickup trucks. The thieves targeted that truck for an easy catalytic converter score. They didn't have anything against trucks or the guy, they just took advantage of the opportunity to get what they wanted. Some killers think that way too.

Call it what you want, random, targeted, it stinks either way...

JMHO

Sorry to jump ahead, but my mind is blown. If I’m correctly understanding the clip, K had not moved out as many WSs had theorized, her bed was still there & made, meaning they were murdered (or at least attacked) in M’s bed?

Huge difference, IMHO.

That's how I take it as well.

Right, but police wouldn't say that it was coveted unless there was physical evidence supporting it. They aren't going to speculate on something like that simply because they couldn't find the knife. Something must have been evident on scene to suggest that. Like, for example, the 'work' product or 'craftsmanship' of the killer could have indicated it. Or, did he write an ode to it on the wall? Etc.

tbh it's all speculation

no profiler - unless they've got access to the physical crime scene & are a member of the team - can claim anything with any certainty.

For all we know, the perp could have borrowed this particular knife on the day.

<modsnip>

‘Following the press conference, Moscow police said in a statement on Facebook that "the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence" because they thought one of the victims had passed out and wasn't waking up. Several people spoke to the 911 dispatcher, police wrote.

No sane person could mix up the following scenarios.
-Being unconscious
-Dead for several hours / not an obvious cause.
-And stabbed and dead/ extensive bleeding.

A surviving roommate sees a dead stabbed body / bodies) and calls friends to the residence???
Picture this: You begin walking up a flight of stairs. You see something that looks like an arm/leg draped over the stairs. You don't see blood, or anything else disturbing. Is your first thought, "OMG someone has stabbed all my housemates to death" or "looks like abc person is passed out after over-partying"?

I went back to listen again. Blitzer stand-in said investigators now believe a sixth person was "living" there but was not present during the crimes. It was several sentences almost at the end of the broadcast after an update on the murders, no elaboration, and the Blitzer stand-in looked shocked. I can't find anything on Google or on CNN but there may be more by the time Erin Burnett finishes. Too much news about Trump and the GA Senate race for this to take top billing.
The write-up is slightly different from what was said on Blitzer: Six people may have lived in the house where 4 Idaho college students were killed, police say | CNN

I know a guy that has one of those big lifted pickup trucks. The thieves targeted that truck for an easy catalytic converter score. They didn't have anything against trucks or the guy, they just took advantage of the opportunity to get what they wanted. Some killers think that way too.

Call it what you want, random, targeted, it stinks either way...

JMHO
Hmmm.... Maybe the killer coveted something in the house. And yes, a person who feels entitled to something they don't have could possibly do this. (Reference the DSM criteria earlier in this thread)

I thought it was that X was the first on the lease, not the only one? I'd be surprised if a college-adjacent landlord would allow one student to be the only person on a lease for $2,000+ per month.
Completely agree but it was repeated/speculated in earlier threads. I tried to explain what I knew, but the statements continued.

Hope it can be put to bed now with the latest LE update!

Thank you, that makes sense.

I guess I don't understand what they mean by RESIDENCE. To me, the residence and the occupants are the same. So saying the residence was the target means the occupants were the target as well. Maybe I'm overthinking. I am known to do that, ha
Residence is the building or the address. Occupants and/or residents live in the residence.

This case reminds me so much of the RJR murders. I still believe Isaak was innocent. The press said the same thing targeted during the trial nothing not a motive, nothing. they can sometimes get an idea by the wounds. If 3 people are killed and 2 are stabbed but 1 body is mutilated or different or more wounds. They haven’t released that. The RJR Murders the owner was not shot but stabbed multiple times in the heart and the female had a throat slit. Why I always thought it was the wife. Her best friend never told her about the affair, hence the throat slit and stabbing the husband in the heart is obvious. With the Idaho murders not knowing the amount of stab wounds or where its hard to know for sure. I think when they first got there the obvious would-be a ex or partner. As it has progressed and they have been ruled out, they are unable to find a target. I don’t think it was a target, I think its a serial who just went in their door to door and killed whoever was in the unlock doors. Methodical just strolled through the house, cleaning himself up before exiting each room, locking the door before he left.
Don't want to detract from this thread but would be remiss not to point out that one would have to ignore CI on surveillance entering and exiting RJR and driving away in the company vehicle in addition to the forensic evidence!

Huge difference, IMHO.
Correct

He knew from scuttlebutt that she had broken up with her boyfriend, so there might have been a chance. He may be her "stalker".

While she was at home, he and Kaylee crossed paths. He found she was leaving for a new life--travel in Europe, a job in Texas…….Infuriated at his lack of success in career, education and romance, he's going to make sure the object of his desire would never be had by another. The other 3 just crossed his path.

If she thought he was stalking her, she would not have allowed him into the house in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
there always an answer