ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaylee's father said he figured it out that M&K were in the same bed bc he knows the layout of the home as well as where the furnishings were placed. He said her saw her bed through a window to find that his daughter's bed/bedding was undisturbed.

Father of slain Idaho student: 'I'm not going nowhere' until the killer is off the streets | Fox News Video

The DM article states:

"Goncalves said he had learned that his daughter did not suffer in her final moments, but did have 'large punctures' from a 'brutal weapon' that police say the killer was 'proud of.'

'The detective said this weapon is probably something [the killer] paid money for and something that they're proud of,' he said."

Eerie photos reveal inside the Idaho quadruple murder house
This is heartbreaking. Dad is merely grieving and trying to put the pieces together with what little info he has. He just happened to guess this one right, maybe. He is trying to find out info from the same places we are. LE is notorious for not telling families anything. Imo.

JMO Maybe the killer tried to make the crime scene look different than what really happened to throw LE off track. It worked but not for long. That’s possibly why the changes in their briefings.
And to expand further, maybe LE’s initial assessment was just wrong (based on stereotypes, inexperience, horror, inability to fathom, etc) but it took some time to figure out how wrong it was, to let those initial reactions/responses go & move on? JMHO

Based on the photos posted in this article, it doesn't look like Kaylee had moved out as of yet. I seriously doubt she would have taken her bed and left her computer.....

MOO: I always thought she would need to return for finals??

(Was she able to take exams earlier somehow?? Were her courses all projects??)

And if they did, and they were both in the same room, to call that often in such a short space of time reeks of desperations. Oh my. I wonder what they both so desperately wanted to call him about? I wonder if they were barricaded in their room, completely terrified of what what happening elsewhere in the house?

If they were both in separate rooms and calling, that wouldn't be so bad, but to both call him from the same room at the same time just gives of panic vibes to me.

MOO.
Or buzzed/drunk college girl vibes. Or according to K's own sister, the way she was all the time. I wouldn't make any assumptions about the repeat calls.

With so much press reporting and discussion about the weapon, and how the criminal would not want to lose it, and how keeping it will connect him/her to the crime, what if conventional wisdom doesn't work here and the weapon gets destroyed?

Not sure if the 6th person should be considered a "roommate" at this point. Having a name on a lease is not the same as having a residence there. As others have pointed out, it could easily be a co-signer for someone's credit, or for liability purposes.
Or this person planned to live there put changed plans as/before school started and never actually moved in. Maybe they were doing an out of area internship & would move in next semester. Maybe they finished courses up early, needed to take a semester off, etc.

I thought it was that X was the first on the lease, not the only one? I'd be surprised if a college-adjacent landlord would allow one student to be the only person on a lease for $2,000+ per month.
I question that too, could it be the property management company that did leases room by room? My college house was one girl whose Dad bought the house, and I leased a room from him, then "subleased" my room after semester when I moved out with my now husband.

And to add to other comments here about E being there, did with same with my husband, he lived in a party house so spent most nights at my house.

Yes, I did catch that a while back. But why would M call him so often too? Both of them in the same room.

I could understand if they were in separate rooms and one girl didn't know the other girl was phoning him too.....

But apparently they were in the same room
If you think your ex is blocking or ignoring your number, you get a friend to call. In the olden days, we'd go to the phone booth on the corner and call.

Based on the photos posted in this article, it doesn't look like Kaylee had moved out as of yet. I seriously doubt she would have taken her bed and left her computer.....

Thanks for posting this. So sad to see all the pretty trinkets n lights around the house and they were just having fun playing beer pong and something like this happens.

indeed

had just edited it to add a bit more to explain that. have a look, see what you think. does that explain it better?
I should really have used occlude rather than seclude ( opportunity to occlude a perp who can watch while he's hiding himself)
That house is a creepy combo of being in the party zone while also feeling very private.

Latest from Moscow Police as of this evening.
“We remain consistent in our belief that this was a targeted attack, but investigators have not concluded if the target was the residence or if it was the occupants. “

…….wait what?

All the contradictions. Over and over again. MPD, get it together. One spokesperson and make sure the message is vetted and accurate. It's just damaging the credibility of the investigation to keep going back and forth. JMO.

between mins 4 and 5, Ms. O'Toole says the same thing-
weapon is the killers possession- s/he does not want to discard it even though many offenders would "get rid of" their weapon so as not to be associated with it.

Right, but police wouldn't say that it was coveted unless there was physical evidence supporting it. They aren't going to speculate on something like that simply because they couldn't find the knife. Something must have been evident on scene to suggest that. Like, for example, the 'work' product or 'craftsmanship' of the killer could have indicated it. Or, did he write an ode to it on the wall? Etc.

Or this person planned to live there put changed plans as/before school started and never actually moved in. Maybe they were doing an out of area internship & would move in next semester. Maybe they finished courses up early, needed to take a semester off, etc.
Or, like other's have mentioned rented the room to CYA with parents but never even moved in to her room, only her boyfriends.

Wait… what??

Ok…
I DVR’d yesterday’s late night news… so I’m sitting here this morning listening and catching up on things, and next thing I know, Fox News at Night reports that the MPD has revised the statement that they have stuck with since day one… About these attacks being targeted… according to Fox (&CNN), LE has apparently walked that back and the one consistent thing that we’ve been told since the very beginning, vehemently, over and over, about how this was targeted… But that they couldn’t expound upon that because it was “integral to the investigation”… now, this may not even be the case at all? I have to say, the first thing that went through my mind were the words of Capt. Lanier during MPD’s second press briefing… since MPD has been so adamant that this was targeted, a reporter asked that if so, why not tell the public who they believe the target or targets were? I recalled Captain Lanier’s response this morning clear as day… “You’re just going to have to trust us”… I even went back and re-watched the press conference this morning just to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind… Since I can’t send you guys a link to my DVR of CNN and Fox, here’s an article I found on it from CNN: It's unclear if the 4 University of Idaho students killed were targeted in the attack, officials now say | CNN

…but beyond what was reported last night, I can’t seem to find any additional details or elaboration about this… Has anyone seen or heard any additional details you could possibly forward?

You know, I have a lot of respect for police officers. A lot. And there are so many local, state, and federal agencies who are all hands on deck with this… and I realize that we certainly do not have all of the facts, and are not at all privy to everything that they are… and I am not accusing anyone of ineptitude or anything… But honestly, hearing this was extremely disappointing… I have really been giving the benefit of the doubt about this the entire time… They’ve repeated it over and over and over, and when they said they couldn’t speak in further detail about it, I accepted that, as well, assuming that they truly were trying to protect the investigation, catch the guy, and do so in a way that would be sure to deliver those victims and their families every bit of justice that they deserve, because they were keeping everything close to the chest… And believing it was for the sake of getting it right, leaking nothing, making sure that they could nail the perpetrator to the wall in the end, I accepted it. Overall, I’m not going to sit here and accuse LE of bungling this or anything else as that would be purely speculation on my part, but I have to admit, I do feel disappointed, and I feel a lot less confident in them. Like I said, the first words that came to my mind were Captain Lanier’s… “You’re just going to have to trust us”

Here is a link to the press conference I’m referencing from Nov. 23rd if anyone wants to review that again. I’m also attaching two screenshots… one that will show a timestamp you can fast forward to, and another one that will show the quoted statement. King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

If anyone can please respond if you have additional details, I would greatly appreciate it… I cannot find anything else anywhere that delves into any further explaination…

Thanks in advance!
This case reminds me so much of the RJR murders. I still believe Isaak was innocent. The press said the same thing targeted during the trial nothing not a motive, nothing. they can sometimes get an idea by the wounds. If 3 people are killed and 2 are stabbed but 1 body is mutilated or different or more wounds. They haven’t released that. The RJR Murders the owner was not shot but stabbed multiple times in the heart and the female had a throat slit. Why I always thought it was the wife. Her best friend never told her about the affair, hence the throat slit and stabbing the husband in the heart is obvious. With the Idaho murders not knowing the amount of stab wounds or where its hard to know for sure. I think when they first got there the obvious would-be a ex or partner. As it has progressed and they have been ruled out, they are unable to find a target. I don’t think it was a target, I think its a serial who just went in their door to door and killed whoever was in the unlock doors. Methodical just strolled through the house, cleaning himself up before exiting each room, locking the door before he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper