ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they do believe it was a targeted attack but are now saying it could have been against the residence? Thats the first I've heard it could have been the house, and not the people residing in it. Interesting.
Against the residence… Makes me think of stories where people have hidden tons of money behind the walls but I doubt that’s the situation here. Hope LE will solve it. Truth is stranger than fiction.

It could be, but it looks like an older cabinet and I often see that type of stain on a DIY job of polyurethane, varnish, or stain.
Good observation.
It has the same pattern as the liquid ( blood?) that was dripping outside down the foundation of the house. There must be a lot of cracks in the floor to be seeping like that unless it came from a floor vent maybe? I wonder if there were any complaints about problems with the house.

So they do believe it was a targeted attack but are now saying it could have been against the residence? Thats the first I've heard it could have been the house, and not the people residing in it. Interesting.
JMO This makes me think that LE may believe that the killer targeted the house because of all the party’s and other entertainment that was going on there. Causing him to snap and attack the houses occupants.

On house targeting:

There are lots of crimes where a particular place (with people in it) were targeted. Manson case comes to mind, but also most of EARONS's killings (he was looking for a certain kind of window, a certain known-to-him tract home lay-out, and THEN he started looking for victims as he stalked).

The Nightstalker was also a "target-the-house" killer. On the weekend he was caught, the entire LA area was alerted as to the type of window he had used to enter houses, which caused a crazy run to hardware stores to find a way to secure those windows. It was very scary. Nightstalker moved from neighborhood to neighborhood, chose mostly ranch style houses or first floors of apartments, with a particular kind of window. He did not care who was inside, he planned to kill them and eat their food, sometimes hanging out for hours in the house.

That being said, in these killings, it's hard to believe the perp didn't use further observations (the fact that people were home was telegraphed by the cars). He brought the weapons with an intent to kill, IMO. "The house" could mean "the house, its occupants and all its usual doings." If the perp had a strong objection to the particular party lifestyle of the house (and other houses), choosing this house rather than the frat house seems to have obvious reasons behind it.

Anyway, if a type of house is being targeted then anyone else in the same type of house is at risk.
Absolutely. you’ve hit that nail on the head.

Bedroom 3B is above the kitchen. Is it possible that Kaylee and Maddie were staying in there and the blood seeped down from their room onto the kitchen cabinets (similar to blood from Xana's room appearing on the exterior of the house)?

It would make sense for Maddie to move into Kaylee's room since it's the bigger room and has an attached patio. Also adds the possibility that the killer could see through the patio slider and saw when they turned off the light in their room (after calling/texting JD?).

They have been going back and forth on this for days. The house being the target came up awhile back.

If the killer is sleuthing on these type of websites, there is no way his account was opened after the murders. It was probably opened weeks, or months ago, maybe at the library, or using someone’s unsuspecting computer, iPad, or phone.

have you seen this clip ( from NewsNation last night?

It is bonkers
' How to tell if you're chatting to a serial killer'

Talk about filler material on a dull news day!

Cabinets were new, here are pics from the listing.

Not 100% on this, but I thought in an earlier thread those pictures/renovations were a few years old. Plenty of time for college kids to put some wear and tear on those cabinets.

In terms of dripping blood, there is no way that is what is in that picture since it is a lower cabinet. If it had dripped down to that point, in that amount, there would be no mistaking it, as it would have to be everywhere. See the picture I have attached, with the area I believe is in that picture (you can definitely see the lower part of the refrigerator door).

Attachments

• 1280x960.jpg
    1280x960.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 34
yesterday's NewsNation

At 5 mins 30 secs
Entin says that LE have recently asked tons of people not to talk to the media ( includes sororities, the corner club etc)
( also Entin's followers still asking why the survivors haven't spoken to the media)

Frustrating. These women, who are traumatized, do not owe anything to the media.

It has the same pattern as the liquid ( blood?) that was dripping outside down the foundation of the house. There must be a lot of cracks in the floor to be seeping like that unless it came from a floor vent maybe? I wonder if there were any complaints about problems with the house.

apparently there's no proper sealing at the junction of where the wall meets wall plate and concrete foundation ( architect- trained forensics guy ed Wallace explained it but I cannot recall all the in depth he gave.

Last edited:
While I agree it could be an incel (falling into the category of fixed delusions, for me), most incel crimes are perpetrated against several women (such as attempts to kill a lot of women at once, usually attempted mass killings or spree killings).

I believe the crime in your link is one in which the man was planning to go and kill as many random women as possible. This isn't that. It's a bit more personal, IMO.

From that article:

//An Ohio man whom federal prosecutors accused of planning to "slaughter" women and kill thousands of people in a mass shooting pleaded guilty to an attempted hate crime, authorities said Tuesday.// (emphasis mine).
I actually get a similar vibe from this crime. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000