ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The extra room mate or someone associated with them, could make sense because they would easily be able to gain entry to the house
Then again, anyone would easily be able to gain entry to that house. Sliding glass doors are famously vulnerable, hence the stools LE seemingly placed there to secure the scene. And who knows how many people had been given the access code to the front door. JMHO

If someone is on a lease, who could force them to move out? If they were paying their rent, I'm not sure how roommates could force them out (although I don't know anything about tenancy laws in Idaho).
I suppose one could force someone to move by making living there unbearable by ignoring them or dumping their food from the fridge or taking their clothes out of the dryer when they're still wet or any one of a number of other things that would irritate, inconvenience, humiliate and convey the idea that they would be better off moving. I've seen employees do this sort of thing to another employee to get them to quit.

I don’t think there is info that any of them dropped out, but it’s very common - especially in sororities - for girls to stop being active in the sorority in their late 3rd/4th years.

I am curious if the sororities come into play or something around Greek life - maybe it doesn’t at all, but girls can go through hell when they pledge which can stir up a lot of anger/hatred/animosity.

I was surprised to learn that K and M weren’t in the same sorority. Normally best friends would pledge the same sorority. As there are theories that K may have been specifically targeted, it’s another item that separates her from everyone else.

I tend to think this an Occam’s razor situation and we will find that a stalker type scenario is at play, particularly after seeings SGs interview. But I could also see a scenario where a girl had a very bad experience with a sorority such as not getting a bid or being emotionally abused as a pledge (potentially Alpha Phi) and had an older, protective brother that decided to get even. It’s an out there theory, but not implausible…
The girls may have pledged different ones due to legacy. Maybe their mom's or family member was in them, or perhaps some cost differences from an affordability standpoint. I would have loved to have pledged the frat that many of my HS friends joined but I could not afford it and joined a smaller fraternity

Just wondering if LE is looking at employees of the restaurant where both M and X worked. Certainly a place where knives would be in the kitchen. Some chefs I know have their own high quality knives they take pride in and move with them from job to job. Many restaurant workers move around, so if someone has a personality disorder/mental illness, it's easily masked/accomodated. Most restaurants appear to have frequent turnover as well and are almost perpetually looking for staff. Just speculation and MOO.
I believe if it was a kitchen knife, this would probably be known. The indication is that it was a large fixed blade knife that the killer likely paid money for and was proud of. IMO, unlikely to be a kitchen knife. If it was taken from a restaurant they’d likely know if such a large knife was missing.

Kaylee’s dad just did an interview on the today show. Nothing really new or noteworthy. He just stated he doesn’t know how law enforcement can find the criminal if they don’t know who he looks like. Also that the longer this goes on he knows he will have to do more work and can’t just be the “sad father” paraphrasing, that was the gist of it

Makes sense. Maybe they fear he/she will get the same unfortunate treatment Jakes been getting.

That's what I've been thinking all along. This sounds exactly like LE found out someone got a copy of the lease, and they wanted to get out ahead of the internet finger pointers. So sad that this is what they have to add extra resources to counteract. Social media is the worst.

Is there any indication yet whether the perp was

a) a stranger, e.g. a serial killer type,
b) peripherally known to the victims, or
c) well known to the victims?

Also, was there confirmation that the knife used was of a military/hunting type or just any large fixed blade knife (including a kitchen knife)?

I suppose one could force someone to move by making living there unbearable by ignoring them or dumping their food from the fridge or taking their clothes out of the dryer when they're still wet or any one of a number of other things that would irritate, inconvenience, humiliate and convey the idea that they would be better off moving. I've seen employees do this sort of thing to another employee to get them to quit.
But that's not forcing someone to leave. Unless the roommate breaks the lease or tenancy agreement, they have legal rights as a tenant.

Speaks volumes that JD was included in the obituary. Her family has not swayed on their opinion that he has no involvement.

This part has me crying this morning:
“Kaylee went to Borah Elementary with her older brother and sister before moving on to Charter Academy for middle school, where she and Maddie Mogen found one another. After that day, we were no longer a family of five siblings. We were six.”

So beautifully written.

It is my understanding that the ex roommates room on the second floor was vacant. I’m sure law enforcement has investigated who may have been shown the room as a possible tenant or who may have cleaned the room to make it marketable. Maybe a prospective tenant or worker was spurned by the other roommates? Admittedly a stretch given the personal nature of this attack, but that may explain the killer’s familiarity with the apartment.

I don’t think there is info that any of them dropped out, but it’s very common - especially in sororities - for girls to stop being active in the sorority in their late 3rd/4th years.

I am curious if the sororities come into play or something around Greek life - maybe it doesn’t at all, but girls can go through hell when they pledge which can stir up a lot of anger/hatred/animosity.

I was surprised to learn that K and M weren’t in the same sorority. Normally best friends would pledge the same sorority. As there are theories that K may have been specifically targeted, it’s another item that separates her from everyone else.

I tend to think this an Occam’s razor situation and we will find that a stalker type scenario is at play, particularly after seeings SGs interview. But I could also see a scenario where a girl had a very bad experience with a sorority such as not getting a bid or being emotionally abused as a pledge (potentially Alpha Phi) and had an older, protective brother that decided to get even. It’s an out there theory, but not implausible…

Here is an article where a sorority sister states that they had dropped out, at least two of them.

Kaylee’s dad just did an interview on the today show. Nothing really new or noteworthy. He just stated he doesn’t know how law enforcement can find the criminal if they don’t know who he looks like. Also that the longer this goes on he knows he will have to do more work and can’t just be the “sad father” paraphrasing, that was the gist of it
This tracks very much with my original thoughts that, IMO, info was found on the phone or between SM accounts that point to a threat or a person but they don’t yet know who the SM account owner is.

Would also track in showing that why they don’t know if it was a person(s) that was targeted, or the house. Could have been a general threat or statement between SM accounts - for example: some incel type attacking/threatening language about women in general - which would speak more to the house being targeted.

OR it could be LE setting SG up to speak this way, so that the killer feels more comfortable after his statements yesterday - which could have spooked the killer.

….but an act of revenge would probably have been done differently, such as using a gun, setting the house on fire, beating up the victims instead of stabbing them with a knife. For me the use of the knife actually narrows the possibilities of who did this considerably because most

JMO I would imagine the suspect would have loved to use a gun. But the problem with that is if he did, he would have surely woken the other roommates up. Making it much more difficult for him to kill his remaining targets.

Here is an article where a sorority sister states that they had dropped out, at least two of them.
People don’t really drop out, they just become inactive and stop paying dues. I don’t like the use of the term dropping out as it makes it sound like there was something more specific to it, and there is no reason to think there was.

Entirely my opinion but I suspect a knife similar to this being used..
1. The coroner said it was hard to refer to the wounds as puncture wounds because of how large the knife was
2. It was indicated the killer would be proud of the knife and may have paid money for it
3. Stabbing 4 people multiple times without your hand slipping down on the blade with the volume of blood, whether or not you have gloves on would be nearly impossible - In my opinion, the knife had to have a mechanism that kept it in place, e.g. a handle like most martial arts knives will have.
4. If the killer was skilled with the knife, a martial arts type knife might indicate they had experience in combat sports, thus they were able to kill all 4.

Attachments

• D7EE70E5-A832-46CB-A377-2AD2907B33FF.jpeg
    D7EE70E5-A832-46CB-A377-2AD2907B33FF.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
It is kinda strange that there is news of a sixth roommate at this point.
Did they not know there was someone else on the lease until now or were the purposely withholding that info?
Timing of releasing this info seems odd IMO. I’m unsure of why they felt the need to release it after 3 weeks? I don’t remember seeing it speculated or rumoured anywhere that there was another roommate we hadn’t heard of, so I’m just not seeing it as LE trying to “clear up a social media rumour” as they have been doing in their updates?

Entirely my opinion but I suspect a knife similar to this being used..
1. The coroner said it was hard to refer to the wounds as puncture wounds because of how large the knife was
2. It was indicated the killer would be proud of the knife and may have paid money for it
3. Stabbing 4 people multiple times without your hand slipping down on the blade with the volume of blood, whether or not you have gloves on would be nearly impossible - In my opinion, the knife had to have a mechanism that kept it in place, e.g. a handle like most martial arts knives will have.
How do we know the perp's hand did not slid down the blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel