ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been discussed yet but according to the tenant in 2019, he claimed that at that time each room had a code lock. This would make sense as to why the 911 call was made to check on an unresponsive person. If roommates get up, friends come over, and no one has heard from the other roommates. They may have been knocking on their locked doors, yelling their names, calling and texting them with no answer. Possibly blood seen somewhere. So they called 911 saying that their roommate or roommates need a wellness check because they are unresponsive. Then police come and break into rooms.
The girls had only lived there for 5 months. Possibly someone knew the lock codes. Or maybe someone associated with the leasing agency knew the master code to access the rooms. Maybe they were stalked/watched/targeted in those five months.

I have been following this since the first day and it's very clear to me that there is a lot of speculation, so I haven't wanted to read the forums for at least the last few days. Lots of newbies who don't get the rules.

It is so clear to me why the police are not saying anything. People have shown, for whatever reason, that they cannot be trusted not to share any bit of info with the public. It is a feeding frenzy, which will jeopardise any chance of conviction.

Do we want this monster to be on the streets, merely because we need to satisfy our own need to speculate/seek information? SMH.

I have been following this since the first day and it's very clear to me that there is a lot of speculation, so I haven't wanted to read the forums for at least the last few days. Lots of newbies who don't get the rules.

It is so clear to me why the police are not saying anything. People have shown, for whatever reason, that they cannot be trusted not to share any bit of info with the public. It is a feeding frenzy, which will jeopardise any chance of conviction.

Do we want this monster to be on the streets, merely because we need to satisfy our own need to speculate/seek information? SMH.

The way that Google tracks which businesses you visit...
While I knew this already, I still find it shocking and disturbing to see it written. I have friends that still use flip phones.

Do you think the GPS on their phones whould at least give LE a clue where X&E were during those missing hours?

Without violating the rules. I think the fact that K's mother and sister are in FB groups regarding the murders they can't help but read all the rumours and wonder about them. IMO they likely want to know peoples alibis for themselves to 'rule' someone out in their own minds. When I heard the father say "she" my mind went to one of the survivors.

They are loving, strong, proactive relatives who do stand by their child/sibling. I believe that during many cases, there were relatives in FB groups, maybe it is inevitable. I am in awe of their strength and love. So sad that it happened to their beloved one.
Studies have shown that identical twins sometimes have identical dna (381 studied; 38 were identical.)

Identical twins by definition have identical DNA as they are monozygotic. However, life introduces its corrections, and there are tiny differences between identical twins' DNA, in average by 5.2 mutations. In some paternity cases, it is already possible to discriminate between identical twins' DNA. However, this is not something that 23@me or Ancestry will pick up on, they'd read identical twins' s DNA as 100% identical.

People in a small town love to gossip, LE could use that to their advantage
I don’t know if this has come up yet. When young people are in college, they like to experiment with alcohol, street drugs, sex-very normal. What about controlled substances? (Valium, Xanax). Do controlled substances play a part in the killings?

Responding to CLJ, I have thought the same, the live roommates could not get the victim or victims to respond and did not have access to their rooms and therefore called the police, believing their roommate/roommates were not responsive.

...also suspect he would have known the layout of the house, acting in the dark maybe guided by the small light from his cell phone.
MOO and thoughts-- I've wondered if the killer took any cell phone with him, and think perhaps they didn't. I don't know if using just the flashlight would bounce off a tower, probably not, but holding a phone and a knife makes it harder to attack, more chance of dropping it. Wish the killer did lost an item at the scene that could be traced.

I took @slanda's advice and read up on the Danny Rolling murders and in one he thought he left his wallet at the crime scene. When he went back to look for it, he mutilated the body of his victim in an unspeakable way for me to describe here. (too graphic)

So Xana had a lock fixed on her bedroom door. Did someone try to get in her room on a previous occasion? Did she feel unsafe? Were there unknown intruders in the house unbeknownst to some of the residents? Why would someone be concerned about fixing a lock on a door-because someone was entering the house
The segment is muddy as heck. X’s mom “thinks” it “likely” X had a lock on her bedroom. She doesn’t know if X’s dad fixed a lock on X’s bedroom or some other door in the house.

As I already mentioned, most leases, at least here, prohibit tenants from doing anything with locks — the owner/landlord/PM/agent are the only ones authorized to make those repairs/replacements.

JMHO, I’m not willing to speculate about something that’s second-hand unclear info from a desperate mom with no direct knowledge. That NASA comment made me break into tears.

Looking forward to follow-up on this info!

The segment is muddy as heck. X’s mom “thinks” it “likely” X had a lock on her bedroom. She doesn’t know if X’s dad fixed a lock on X’s bedroom or some other door in the house.

As I already mentioned, most leases, at least here, prohibit tenants from doing anything with locks — the owner/landlord/PM/agent are the only ones authorized to make those repairs/replacements.

JMHO, I’m not willing to speculate about something that’s second-hand unclear info from a desperate mom with no direct knowledge. That NASA comment made me break into tears.

Maybe there had been a theft in Xana's room?

Hate to say it…
Wish I didn’t have to say it…
But yeah…
Exactly…
You’re exactly right…

I would love to sit here and say the same thing, that certainly LE would have their eyes all over this POI… But honestly, from what I’ve recently watched unfold, I don’t trust that they would. And Brian Landry, man, everybody in America knew that kid was guilty and he still got away… The public in Moscow knows nothing about who this POI is, if they even have one yet… so we’re just going to have to trust a bunch of guys who have been telling us since day one that this is targeted, and then all the sudden turn around and say “well we don’t know if it’s targeted anymore”, we’re going to trust those guys to be on top of it? … Sorry, it’s been a long day and I’m a little grumpy over this case mainly because the people affected more than anyone are the families, and all of the terrified kids that are still in the area… so, I’m just going to tell it like I see it for a moment. All just my opinion.

I gave the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. I always give the benefit of the doubt. But MPD has lost this with me over the course of the past two days. They asked us to trust them, and I totally trusted them, but sadly, and when I say “sadly” I sincerely mean that… Sadly, they have broken that trust.

I’m not somebody who beats up on law-enforcement. I’m not some radical, “no more funding for police” person, I am totally pro police, all the way, but that also doesn’t mean I’m not going to call it like I see it when I see it going awry…

They have not been doing so well these past two days in the eyes of the public, and certainly not in the eyes of the families of the victims, and the poor kids in that community who are so scared… AND Xana’s funeral and the vigil just occurred right in the midst of it. Think of how hard that has to be on them, the families. Plus all of the students and all of their friends.

And I guess I’ll try to leave this on a more positive note because I do think this is fair. Law-enforcement is great at law enforcement… They are not great media people, communications people, etc, and I think sometimes we can get so wrapped up in their seemingly backwards messaging, but forget that the communication thing is not their forté, the crime solving thing as their forté… so while I know people are frustrated out there right now, myself included, I think it’s important to also play devils advocate for a moment, and consider that just because they do not appear to not have their you know what together when it comes to handling the messaging in this case, messaging is not their specialty — crime solving is… so I’m trying to remind myself that the two don’t necessarily equate. At least I hope to God they don’t.

I have not heard anyone from MPD claim they have a POI. They've expressly said there is NOT a POI. So there's no one to watch. Has this changed? If so, do you know the source?

I don't believe LE has done anything that should cause us to lose trust in them this early. They've not released as much info as people would like, but that is expected. Most of the confusion has been caused by reporters and internet rumors.

ETA: Forgot to include the prosecutor, who may have caused more confusion than everyone else combined. He's a government employee who works directly with LE, so of course people assumed his statements were official.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted:
Foxnews has new story former IDaho AG was in that house

Wow

"A former Idaho attorney general and lieutenant governor who has been inside the house where four University of Idaho students were killed on Nov. 13 says the suspect likely entered the house through a back door."

In multi-student housing on and off campus, most rooms have locks. It is a pretty common feature. I know my son's 5 bed unit has locks on all the bedroom doors. Common space is shared. Similar to dorms or Pods.

My son locks his door at night. Mainly because there are many young adults in and out visiting friends. Some like to party. Nothing worse than a drunk person stumbling into your room at night.

I have not heard anyone from MPD claim they have a POI. They've expressly said there is NOT a POI. So there's no one to watch. Has this changed? If so, do you know the source?

I don't believe LE has done anything that should cause us to lose trust in them this early. They've not released as much info as people would like, but that is expected. Most of the confusion has been caused by reporters and internet rumors.
I don't either.

POI is a relatively new terminology in crime investigation.

Let's just call them "possibles."

There are probably a few, and LEA has many eyes on all of them.

Wow

"A former Idaho attorney general and lieutenant governor who has been inside the house where four University of Idaho students were killed on Nov. 13 says the suspect likely entered the house through a back door."
Been inside the house years ago and changes have been made since the (the article states)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper