ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is four people being murdered that I can't explain in this case. It becomes too untargeted. I can weight in a different situation, let us imagine, someone's kid OD'ed on the drug bought from a dealer, and it is a revenge. And even then, four kids is extreme.
Unless some of the victims witnessed the attacker so they had to be killed too?

With due respect to you, I kindly tend to disagree. If this person was on the lease and lived at the property they have to be investigared as everyone else who was close friend to the victims, including alibi. They could gave returned to the house at 3 am and murder and then go. Their DNA will be all over the place for a valid reason - they lived there. I am not saying they where a perpetrator, but the work has to be done, and properly, otherwise this investigation will never end.

Thank you for correcting me. Any explanation is a great chance to learn, and I love learning about new technologies! )) I am thinking that it being a party house, there are lots of DNAs, and DNA present in the house could be easily explained. Extra DNA in the blood, under the nails, on the entry port is hard to explain. Something tying up the person to murders. That they must have taken DNA from the 6th person, I think, is a given.

Just wondering if LE is looking at employees of the restaurant where both M and X worked. Certainly a place where knives would be in the kitchen. Some chefs I know have their own high quality knives they take pride in and move with them from job to job. Many restaurant workers move around, so if someone has a personality disorder/mental illness, it's easily masked/accomodated. Most restaurants appear to have frequent turnover as well and are almost perpetually looking for staff. Just speculation and MOO.
I have the same thoughts….in addition to other employees I wonder if they are looking at customers of the restaurant.

If it took over three weeks for us and police to learn that there are probably 6 roommates instead of 5 then I don't think we are going to have any suspects before Christmas.
Respectfully, LE did not say there was a sixth roommate living there. They stated there is a 6th name on the lease, which does not necessarily mean the same thing, and just because they are releasing that information to us now, is no indication that they are just now learning of it. It appears that perhaps CNN had uncovered it and was about to report it, so LE likely released the info so they did not appear to be clueless to it.

Also, when LE learns something new, I seriously doubt that their first thought is, "hey, let's post this so everyone knows", especially if there is no need for the public to know. JMO

Last edited:
If it took over three weeks for us and police to learn that there are probably 6 roommates instead of 5 then I don't think we are going to have any suspects before Christmas.

What makes you believe that that LE didn't already know this? I'm sure they had the lease agreement within the 1st few days. What they release to us, and when, has no bearing on when they had that information for themselves.

We didn't learn that. We learned there was a 6th name on their lease. That does not mean that there was a 6th person actually living there.

From interview:

Reporter - You know, when you talked about getting into the phone, you said we have family passwords and you know we were able to get in there. Is there anything that you can share with us about what you learned there or people she was communicating with?. We know there was a back and forth between she and her on and off boyfriend through the course of the night.

Dad - There was some information, we were able to get that to the police officers. I think it definitely helped them. I know behaviour footprint, afterwards, it did definitely get some more things in the works, but I'm a historical fact person, I can help them know my daughters and Maddie from past, but going forward I'm going to be less and less relevant.

Reporter - Do you believe that your daughter was the target?. Or do you have any reason to think that she was, over someone else or that someone else was?.

Dad - I do have some inkling that there was some behaviour difference. I call them a footprint. When you commit a crime you do different behaviours. I've asked permission to give any of that out and they told me, no, it would not be beneficial. So, I've held back on that and I tried to keep my word.

Reporter - I'm sorry, behaviour of her or someone she knew?.

Dad - Behaviour of the victims.

Let's pretend for a second that K has a friend named Kyle. Not a romantic interest, just a regular ol' friend that her family and other friends have known for quite some time. Imagine if K's dad is looking though K's phone and sees that all the text history from Kyle is wiped from her phone. He then sees they are no longer "friends" or "followers" on social media. Any/all emails between them are deleted. MOO This could be what he's talking about with the behavior footprint of the victims he observed via her phone (and possibly Maddie's? Have we ever learned how K's sister knew Maddie had placed those calls to J right after K did? Did K's sister get access to M's phone?)

The speculation in this post is that the killer(s) maybe did something on K's phone or all the victim's phones in attempt to wipe certain history that may incriminate themself/themselves. This would appear as the behavior of the victims. This is just wild speculation that I'm trying to make fit into what is possibly just a grammar error from K's dad during the interview. Grain of salt recommended.

It’s likely The Suspect Along with the special knife took extra planning In the attack, prob gloves, Long sleeves dark clothing Maybe a ski mask, Wasn’t it fairly cold that nite? A person seen walking wearing gloves long sleeves Prob would attract much attention, Even soaked in blood If it were The proper color clothing Unless you were right next to the guy Would you really notice? Especially if it had been raining then or earlier JMO

For me the use of the knife actually narrows the possibilities of who did this considerably because most people simply do not have this skill.

I agree 100%. I have personally spoken with a very muscular special forces individual who told me that one time he stabbed an enemy combatant in the chest and got his knife stuck and he was lifting the body off the ground with the knife embedded trying to get it out. IMO this unsub has military or martial arts training.

Hi, I found this article from fairly early on, quoting Aaron Snell (the Idaho State Police Spokesman) regarding the Ka-Bar :

Here is that article if you'd like to check it out yourself.

thanks
the details on a knife was certainly not supposed to get out there. imo Last thing LE wants is for perp to dispose of the murder weapon having not realised that pathology could identify it. I think Snell tried to minimise the impact of the Idaho reporter's scoop, to protect the investigation

Yes the item was originally in the local Idaho newspaper ( those reporters are often fleet of foot & do the brain-work before there's a publicity clampdown & the nationals track down the material) but here's the NYPost's publication of the story

Moscow Building Supply general manager Scott Jutte told the Idaho Statesman that a police officer stopped by the retailer more than once this week to inquire about the possible sale of a KA-BAR brand combat blade.

They were specifically asking whether or not we carry KA-BAR-style knives, which we do not,” Jutte told the paper. “If we did, we could’ve reviewed surveillance footage. But it wasn’t something I could help them with. (KA-BAR) is more of a combat knife. It’s not really something that we specialize in,” added Jutte, who said his store sells mostly hunting knives.

but this was the other bit which stands out
On Wednesday, Moscow police Capt. Anthony Dahlinger would neither confirm nor deny to the Statesman that investigators from the department visited the store or interviewed Jutte.

“I can’t speak to that. I don’t have any new information to share,” he told the paper.

Police did not respond to the request for comment Thursday.

And Agree with the earlier comment that was posted, DNA under fingernails Would be hard to explain, Also Any hair fibers especially near one of the victims, Also blood mixed in with blood of victims although I’m no expert seems like Mixed blood would be hard to differentiate

the 6th roommate could have also been in the same situation K was, about to graduate and already moved out....
I keep seeing that K had moved out yet I can't seem to locate a link to confirm that she had moved so would you please provide a link. I know she was going to graduate but haven't seen anywhere that she had taken finals so I'm wondering why she would actually move before finals. Any links would be appreciated.

I agree 100%. I have personally spoken with a very muscular special forces individual who told me that one time he stabbed an enemy combatant in the chest and got his knife stuck and he was lifting the body off the ground with the knife embedded trying to get it out. IMO this unsub has military or martial arts training.

The knife getting stuck has more to do with the force of the stab (therefore with the physical strength of the stabber) than with having or not any training. Someone who has big upper body strength can stab strongly enough to jam the blade into the bone or between the vertebrae and that's what makes the knife stuck. You do not need any knife combat training though to stab a sleeping person to death.

sounds too simple to solve
true...unless it was someone that hadn't previously slept at the house and no one else in X and E's lives knew that that person would've been invited to spend the night (for example none of the people at the frat party knew this person was going home with them). Not saying I necessarily believe this, just thinking out loud. MOO.

What makes you believe that that LE didn't already know this? I'm sure they had the lease agreement within the 1st few days. What they release to us, and when, has no bearing on when they had that information for themselves.
Unfortunately, I think that the way that the case is now being reported * on the main news channels is giving the impression to the public that the public ought to know every development in the case.

And if there are no new 'developments' somebody will create one ;) ( Entin said on NN that ' somebody had gotten hold of the lease' and given it to the media.

In reality the media know that it isn't normal to incrementally release critical info to the public during a live investigation but it helps build pressure. It's quite a clever trick.
Too many examples of it* to mention, but noticed a Daily Mail title on the last thread. It said something like ' THREE weeks and no suspects' with 3 in caps, another hired 'expert' on CNN yesterday said that this is on the way to becoming a 'Cold case'
(Pressure. hype. exaggeration, clicks. Advertising & personal data revenue)

I find it interesting they the the Dad not only thinks the killer is sick and twisted but that the killer would go to the funeral. He must really be confident in the stalker angle. Or is he just hurting so much that he is doing what he can out of protective instinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971