ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People don’t really drop out, they just become inactive and stop paying dues. I don’t like the use of the term dropping out as it makes it sound like there was something more specific to it, and there is no reason to think there was.
They still appear to be very friendly with their sorority sisters in recent photos.

-

agree

- we've been told that somebody sent copy of the lease to media. Then later MPD put out another update formalising that. Why is former FBI guy saying ' they ought to have known' when they probably did already know.
+ afaik Coroner Brenda said that they weren't doing toxicology on the victims, so unless that has changed and I missed it, IDK why that former FBI guy is holding onto top results - as if he's sure the perp drugged them
+ afaik as soon as MPD realised they were dealing with a massacre, they reached out for assistance. ( Another cop from out of state said so, but maybe that is wrong too. If that's wrong, would like to be corrected.

some of these interviews = 'money for old rope'

I believe either LE or the coroner said that toxicology tests were being done but would not be released publicly.

About the text messages between K and J. They shared a dog. Usually when a couple share a dog they live in the same place. When a couple breaks up sometimes the dog becomes a bone of contention (no pun intended) between the couple. If K and J never lived together then sharing a dog seems a bid odd to me unless the pup was an impulse buy and neither party did their homework regarding whether or not pets were allowed in university housing or private off-campus housing.

Whatever the circumstances of why the dog was living with K perhaps after she got a job far from home where she was ostensibly going to be working long hours to prove herself (I'm making this assumption based on the positive character traits of K provided by her family and friends) she made overtures to J that now it was his turn to take care of the dog. MOO IMO

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the halls belong to the school and if they give permission, the halls could be "sniffed". If a dog stops at a dorm room, they maybe could not go in without permission or a warrant (not sure on that because the room again belongs to the University and is only rented by the student). The difference between Private front porches belonging to whoever own the home and a hallway belonging to a University that is traversed by anyone who can access the hall.

Sniffed for what, please?

I may have missed this earlier.

"In 2019, when Augusta lived at the house, the residence had code locks on each bedroom door because each bedroom was rented individually, he said."

Makes me wonder if some of the rooms still had code locks.

I was feeling the same after the interview with SG yesterday as well. But as a mother of a college student, there is no way, absolutely *NO WAY* I would then mention a person I suspected to be the perpetrator in the obituary that will forever memorialize my child. (Edited for clarity of thought).

My brain does a 180 every day. :)
Exactly. I'm sure it's possible they could be wrong about him, but it appears that K's family really does not believe J could be at fault here. If I had even a SPECK of doubt about something like this, his name would never have appeared, especially since he wasn't her current bf.

LE leaving everyone in the dark???
The police ars not being criticized because they have not caught the killer. They are being criticized because if the dark they are leaving everyone in while they work on catching the killer. Why should they be cut slack for that?

@Trouble1321075
I'm curious about what you understand to be LE's legal obligation to publicly release information gathered from their criminal investigation.
Thx in adv.

Sniffed for what, please?
If you track back, we were talking about dogs searching for whatever they were told by their handler to search for (sniffing). If they are a dog that searches for people scents and are told to search for a scent, then they would do so. My point is that IF there was anything available for the dogs to search on like a jacket found at the murder scene that belonged to no one they could ID (have no idea if there is), the University could give permission to let the dogs search the hallways.(not saying they would, just that they could).

Just looking at the Ka-bar website, a new USMC style knife is going to run about $200.
Sportsmans Warehouse has "Ka Bars by Ka Bar" for $89.00

As with other products, some times the MSRP is not really represenative of the actual selling price. "Guy Toys" seem to be especially prone to this- though I dont know why.

Exactly. I'm sure it's possible they could be wrong about him, but it appears that K's family really does not believe J could be at fault here. If I had even a SPECK of doubt about something like this, his name would never have appeared, especially since he wasn't her current bf.
I’m 100% Certain LE look A Hard look At Him, And He Had A solid Alibi, So they cleared Him, And it doesn’t matter how Her parents felt about Him, They would still consider Him A POI until They we’re sure He Was not involved. like I said, He must have a rock solid alibi, And if I’m not mistaken He lives In Coeur de layne which is not sure but Atleast a few hours drive from Moscow

It is my understanding that the halls belong to the school and if they give permission, the halls could be "sniffed". If a dog stops at a dorm room, they maybe could not go in without permission or a warrant (not sure on that because the room again belongs to the University and is only rented by the student). The difference between Private front porches belonging to whoever own the home and a hallway belonging to a University that is traversed by anyone who can access the hall.

Here is a better one for you because the hallway issue can be argued both ways in this instance. Dorm Searches Restricted - UCSD Guardian

But there's nothing that they know to search for that we know of, and if they did have something, warrant is the way to go instead of taking the risk of having it and all other related evidence thrown out.

editing to add this because it is relevant: In loco parentis - Wikipedia

this has been tossed for colleges and it's going to rear it's head on this one and be revisited by civil suits - IMO - that will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4