ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't said they think it's a KA_BAR, the media reported that LE had visited a local store asking about any recent sales of KA-BAR knives (later reported as "or that style of knife").

There are ways that they could know it's a KA-BAR, if the perp dropped the sheath, for example. I saw an episode of Forensic Files one time in which the killer had set down the knife on the bed at one point during the crime, it left a perfect impression in blood on the sheets.

<modsnip: Referenced info was removed>
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about the announcement of the sixth resident of the house. Perhaps it is the beautiful young woman shown in the video where they are pretending to be each other or it could be another beautiful young woman in this house of beautiful young women. BUT there is something that is very out of place about the extra bedroom in this house that was identified by a true crime blogger and that is the cement block that was outside the window of that bedroom on the second floor. The cement block was to the right of the grill and just underneath the other second floor bedroom window - the room that would have been occupied by this sixth resident. To the left of the grill is the window screen for one of the windows for the kitchen. Did someone remove this screen trying to access the house? The cement block was placed below that window for a reason. Could it be the sixth resident had the stalker and she left the house because of it?

I don't know what window covering is there or was. If it were Venetian blinds, when they are turned up, the cement block could be used as a vantage point to look into the house through those blinds and, perhaps see the occupant of this room in bed or dressing or whatever.

Just some thoughts about this situation and what may have been going on.

Does anyone find it odd that Ethan’s family and Xana’s family did not attend either of the two vigils/ceremonies together? Just something I noticed today.

Nope. Not even a tiny bit odd to me. If my child were brutally murdered, I’d be in a ball sobbing under my covers for weeks and not fit to be seen in public.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

A serial mass murderer. Not just a serial killer (this is not a serial killing so far, but it is a mass murder). It's really rare in the annals of crime that both occur together - but who knows?

Personal animosity (however unwarranted) with overkill sounds the better of the two choices.

If one types "extensive homicide" into scholar.google.com, there are interesting results. Extensive homicide is when a small group of people (often a family or other cohesive social unit) is killed altogether, or the intent is to kill all of them together.

Serial mass murder is exceedingly rare. I can't think of any, but if anyone finds examples, please post.

(I think you and I are leaning in the same direction). And for people who commit extensive homicide (going from place to place to kill the same set of people - usually family members), there's almost always a record of criminality in the past (not necessarily a felony conviction necessitating being entered into the DNA database though). Sometimes it's minor things, but more often, it's neighbors calling for overhearing fighting or domestic violence that never goes to court, things like that. Public drunkeness, disorderly conduct, etc. Given that most people who commit minor instances of disorderly conduct are ignored by most police, "disorderly conduct" can include things like sucker punching or non-felony sexual assault; the victims refuse to give enough information, but police think it's serious enough to pursue a charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't be sure that was her room (her last room). That appears to be a pin from someone else, which she repinned. Further, she wasn't living in the sorority (and I've seen nothing that indicates she ever did - but perhaps she did).

She was collecting ideas for her ideal room. It's very sad, is what it is.
Well it is her room but not the current apartment. It's either her dorm room or the room at the Sorority. I recognize the Good Vibes sign that was in some of her social media.

Just a correction: most people with a diagnosed mental illness are actually NOT prohibited by federal law from owning a gun.

"Under federal law, anyone who has been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution or determined by a lawful authority as a danger to others as a result of a mental illness is banned from owning a firearm.""

This is a minority of those with mental illness. Most people with mental illness have never been involuntarily committed nor have they been determined by a court to be a danger to others.
Point taken, poorly stated. :)

if he were smart, he grabbed those on his way out.

How would he know where spy cameras are? By definition, they are hidden. Many people have them.

Anyway, if you are considering cameras, get at least one that doesn't really look much like a camera (no green light while filming), hide at least one, etc. Some are very small and would be very hard to find (inserted between books on a shelf, hidden in a photo frame, etc). Even better, have a system that uploads automatically to the Cloud so that the last image it captures is the face/body of the perp. I realize this isn't possible for everyone - but universities should, perhaps, consider it.

Well it is her room but not the current apartment. It's either her dorm room or the room at the Sorority. I recognize the Good Vibes sign that was in some of her social media.

Thank you. The amount of repinning was confusing. I thought you were saying this was the current room, btw. So thanks for clarifying.

It's a lovely room.

Hmmm very peculiar indeed. Would LE ever take someone back to the scene of a crime, if they confessed? Otherwise the guy with the backpack may have been carrying tools or technical equipment for further scene processing. The driver of the truck had an official notebook/pad with him.
Maybe Some kind of witness, But Yea it’s Interesting, Maybe They took him there On A ruse just To see His reaction Upon witnessing the crime seen after the fact, other than that, Who would want to go in that house have To see all that blood etc.. Nothing that needs to be retrieved is that important, it can wait… So it’s very interesting

Heidi got back to me with a link so you can watch back the memorial service held today at Real Life Ministries.

You are the best Thatssoamy!
I appreciate the time that you took to contact Heidi and make this video available.

Respectfully,
Thora_Jay

I've been thinking about the announcement of the sixth resident of the house. Perhaps it is the beautiful young woman shown in the video where they are pretending to be each other or it could be another beautiful young woman in this house of beautiful young women. BUT there is something that is very out of place about the extra bedroom in this house that was identified by a true crime blogger and that is the cement block that was outside the window of that bedroom on the second floor. The cement block was to the right of the grill and just underneath the other second floor bedroom window - the room that would have been occupied by this sixth resident. To the left of the grill is the window screen for one of the windows for the kitchen. Did someone remove this screen trying to access the house? The cement block was placed below that window for a reason. Could it be the sixth resident had the stalker and she left the house because of it?

I don't know what window covering is there or was. If it were Venetian blinds, when they are turned up, the cement block could be used as a vantage point to look into the house through those blinds and, perhaps see the occupant of this room in bed or dressing or whatever.

Just some thoughts about this situation and what may have been going on.

LE never claimed there was a 6th resident at the time of the murders, only another person on the lease.
12-02-22 Moscow Homicide Update

Detectives are aware of a sixth person listed on the lease at the residence. They have spoken to this individual and confirmed they moved out prior to the start of the school year and was not present at the time of the incident. Detectives do not believe this person has any involvement in the murders.

Nope. Not even a tiny bit odd to me. If my child were brutally murdered, I’d be in a ball sobbing under my covers for weeks and not fit to be seen in public.
Actually, a lot of people who experience this type of event go into shock, which is the brain’s way of initially coping with the pain and which is what helps them get through the planning of the funeral, any police interviews, etc. The grief stage comes later when the mind is better able to process it. Both families seemed very pulled together to me. (See Acute grief here Suicide bereavement and complicated grief)

Who/what is North State? Just state police from the northern part of Idaho?

IDK if they are ISP.
From what I can tell the No Parking sign is on adjacent prop, not at 1122 address.
Maybe owner of neighboring prop. got complaints from tenants about media reps et al hanging out, so decided to get security co. on site for w while??? IDK.

In searching "North State" in business registry w state of ID website, I found a few "North State" & "NorthState" named businesses, but nothing explicitly re guards or security.

Zillow.com info (which may be stale) for the King Rd prop. says:
"Professionally managed by Team Idaho Real Estate & Property Management (one of Moscow's longest standing property management firms!)"

IOW, nothing certain to me.

Maybe Some kind of witness, But Yea it’s Interesting, Maybe They took him there On A ruse just To see His reaction Upon witnessing the crime seen after the fact, other than that, Who would want to go in that house have To see all that blood etc.. Nothing that needs to be retrieved is that important, it can wait… So it’s very interesting

Who would want to go in? I would. My daughters would have, too. We are just like that. We can't rest until we see what has happened. I would not find it possible to wait if I had the opportunity to go in.

I'm sure there are other people like me in the world, as I've met some. Some gravitate to LE, but some of us go off and do other things - but I for sure would want to see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper