ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to Slanda for transcription of recent interview and her well-educated thoughts

My thoughts (all IMHO) at this juncture-
SG says that the killer didn’t need to go upstairs which means the “targets” or victims with more overkill were on the second floor/ entry floor. SG seems to think those were the killer’s intended targets from the info he has been told but I think the entire fiasco was more random and the scene is resplendent of a very frustrated killer who gets more frustrated and angry as his spree continues.

I think the killer entered the home via unlocked sliding doors and may have checked the empty second floor bedroom before proceeding to the third floor finding K and M and killing them.

The blood dripping outside the house appears to be the blood of X who may have sustained the greatest number of wounds/ the greatest wrath of the killer.
E was not in the bed when found apparently and early on was described as being found in the hallway- no link but remembering from the earliest days before we knew about the 911 call. I’m still assuming he was “collateral damage” and not the target. Killer may not have known he was there. Simply knew this was a house full of very pretty girls and he wanted to threaten with his knife and rape an unspecified scared but cooperative victim. E may have been up to use the bathroom or up to defend X upon encountering the killer.

My speculation is that this may well still have been a sexually motivated crime.
This killer may be a rapist. The perp could have gone to this home intending to rape (or intending to rape and to thrill kill maybe) but been totally thrown off when he found K and M together in the same bed asleep. One of those girls may have fiercely defended the other and the scene may have turned too messy to perform his objective.
All these girls may have fought and not submitted.
Once back down on his entry floor (the second floor) he may have encountered E and disposed of him after a short fight. Again thrown off to find two in bed together or nearby when simply looking for a lone potential rape victim.
I think X fought him tooth and nail- vigorously- more vigorously than anyone else - and received the full brunt of his pent up frustration and rage. He may have looked at her trying to scare her then rape her but she wasn’t going to cooperate. By then, his anger, frustration and adrenaline may have been through the roof.

I personally think this horrid crime was random in that the killer simply targeted this house full of many very pretty girls for a sexually motivated crime that wasn’t accomplished.
MANY serial rapists threaten their victims into submission with knives.
This guy simply chose the wrong house as he couldn’t locate someone who would submit to his threats.
I do not think this killer knew any of his four victims personally or peripherally previous to this killing spree. Though he may have seen M or X at the Greek restaurant they worked for.
I also think that under other circumstances this perp may have threatened, raped, and left without murdering.

He may have considered other nearby houses full of girls but chose this one because of easy entry on that fateful night.

I would love to know if the two first floor bedroom doors were locked.
Did he even go down there?
This is a strange part of this puzzle indeed.

I do think this crime will be solved sooner rather than later through DNA evidence with advanced familial testing. If there was no CODIS hit for previous unsolved crimes then he’s a skilled novice who is local. I’m putting his age at 30-50. I don’t think he’s a student- graduate or undergrad.

All IMHO complete speculation on my part

Xana's mom says MPD hasn't been helpful and not telling much at all. Gets info from the news.

Because she wants to know Why and Who.
not knowing is excruciating I am sure.
Not understanding that there are no more answers that will satisfy is the issue.
getting your info from News is not good because anything not given by police it will likely be 100% wrong

I’m thinking maybe they are just getting new eyes in the place. And possibly, folks with more expertise are coming back from thanksgiving vacations still. Getting different people in there to see different things/ items that were previously thought to be unimportant.

I think it’s really wise to have a fresh set of eyes after this long. New perspectives and things not seen.

I think this is possible. I am open to every theory at this point and nothing would surprise me. I have been unable to hone in on a victimology or perpetrator at this point. Imo.
Same, I’ve really thought of every motive and perp. Without more info it’s hard to really nail down one theory.

Snipped.

Has LE confirmed that the killer moved around in darkness? There could have been some lights on. It is not uncommon for people to leave a bathroom light on at night in case they need to get up up to use the bathroom (the loo). Even one light left on could provide enough reflected light for a killer to be able to see his way around. He might have also used a flashlight (a torch).
True. It was my perception that the lights were off everywhere, otherwise an innocent passerby could have seen from the street through some of unobscured windows what is going on inside the house. But I may be wrong, as well.

After all, i made it clear is JMO

However, it is more likely than not, that there was some sort of face covering the killer had, not only to mitigate the risk of being recognised by one of the victims and needing to run leaving behinnd living witnesses, but also to avoid blood splashes on to his face. What makes me thinking of this is that the killer was very careful in planning and executing his attack and took care to assure he goes away without being caught, so my perception is based purely on logic and probabilities.

I think it is evident that SG knows info that LE knows about why they believe it was targeted and is saying that if someone from LE doesn’t step up and say why, then he is going to do it. That if he does, he isnt leaking anything, and they do not have a right to be upset with him because it was his family that has paid the price with their daughter’s life.
Well said. This aligns with my thoughts too.

We have to remember they have to be able to prosecute this case too. Sometimes what we think we need to know, we don’t and it can help a killer go free.
Me thinks Dad #1 need is knowing who. Not the trial. Not following any rules-now. Not what some lawyer wants. Not what was done before. Who. Who. And he gives no thought to perceived justice, probably knowing justice will come- in some way-once he finds out who. I cannot fathom being him..he must must be heavily medicated and I just say God Bless Him and the families.

Partial quote
My thoughts (all IMHO) at this juncture-
SG says that the killer didn’t need to go upstairs which means the “targets” or victims with more overkill were on the second floor/ entry floor. SG seems to think those were the killer’s intended targets from the info he has been told but I think the entire fiasco was more random and the scene is resplendent of a very frustrated killer who gets more frustrated and angry as his spree continues.

All IMHO complete speculation on my part

12/3/2022 Lawrence Jones Interview Fox News with Goncalves
Kaylee’s dad is talking about the differences between the way the victims died, wounds, stabbings-
5:42
The deaths don’t match
He says “This doesn’t have to go up the steps”
He is saying the decision for him to share information with the public lies with him, it does not have to “go up the steps“ to someone higher in command, over his head.
He then goes on to explain that he is her father, paid for her funeral, sent her to college and she came back in a box, he has the right to share.

In this portion he is not talking about the killer, the steps of the house, or sequence of deaths or anything like that. He is talking about his right to share

JMO

Last edited:
If this has already been discussed, please point me in the right direction. Has LE considered using Google Earth to assist with this case?

It sounds like he’s referring to the points of injury noted on the autopsy report, vs the wounds he saw on the body.
MOO

SG is friends with M’s parents. It is likely that they would share info and therefor, SG would have autopsy info for both M&K. If one has more stab wounds then the other, he would likely know - which could be why he is saying the means of death was different, and be alluding to one being attacked more viciously and being “targeted”

If this has already been discussed, please point me in the right direction. Has LE considered using Google Earth to assist with this case?
Only LE could tell.

My thoughts in general are that this case will be solved by using modern digital technology, data and work of IT-geeks as well as by old deduction and logical methods of Sherlock Holmes.

MOO

SG is friends with M’s parents. It is likely that they would share info and therefor, SG would have autopsy info for both M&K. If one has more stab wounds then the other, he would likely know - which could be why he is saying the means of death was different, and be alluding to one being attacked more viciously and being “targeted”
I wondered whether he was inferring that different weapons had been used?

True. It was my perception that the lights were off everywhere, otherwise an innocent passerby could have seen from the street through some of unobscured windows what is going on inside the house. But I may be wrong, as well.

After all, i made it clear is JMO

However, it is more likely than not, that there was some sort of face covering the killer had, not only to mitigate the risk of being recognised by one of the victims and needing to run leaving behind living witnesses, but also to avoid blood splashes on to his face. What makes me thinking of this is that the killer was very careful in planning and executing his attack and took care to assure he goes away without being caught, so my perception is based purely on logic and probabilities.
Edgar Allan Poe wrote, "A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong."

If this as a personal attack motivated by a desire to avenge some perceived slight, such as rejection by one of the girls, then the killer might have wanted the victims to see his face; he might have wanted his face to be the last thing they saw as they lay dying.

That said, I am not married to any particular theory as to the motive.

Back to my own self indulgent speculating that I think this was a stranger/s, male/s or female/s and the target was university students in general.
By now I think it's likely that almost everyone in their environment, outside of their close circles, has been looked at closely with a view to having proficient knife skills or otherwise.
I agree with the possibility of the attacker having intense animosity towards university students in general.

Likewise, targeting the victims as specific group because, as another poster illustrated, they have it all: friends, social life, physically attractive, romantic relationships etc.

But.... I dont think the attacker would need knife skills per se to carry out this attack. I took a long, hard look at "D" my daughter's ex boyfriend (absolutely harmless- except with in the bounds of ethical play on a football field). "D" also wrestled, but stopped to concentrate on football.

"D" combines speed, agility and strength into one package. I truly think that athletic physical skills alone would enable some one like him to quickly kill multiple resisting people with a knife while in an enraged state.

Combing your possibility of animosity towards university students with the possibilities advance by other members, and maybe....

- "X" was an accomplished high school athlete with an emphasis on contact sports. Like "D" he may of been approached by small colleges for sports, but lacked the size for the big schools.

- "X" attended the university for a while, but dropped later dropped out due to say, substance abuse. "X" developed an intense jealous animosity towards those who "have it all".

- "X" may have a Ka Bar knife as a treasured possession / totem / symbol etc. He might be seen wearing it with out a real purpose for doing so, keeps it in his car, displays it in his room, plays with it, likes to sharpen it etc. "X" may have an interest in knife magazines and / or self defense magazines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member