ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind that coroners can get elected/not be totally familiar with inner workings of human body. They can be a sheriff or an RN or something else entirely. I wish these autopsies were conducted by someone with experience working homicides. The coroner clearly was out of her element imo.
The coroner in this case is elected and is an RN, but she did not do the autopsies. She stated they were done by a medical examiner and were done in neighboring Washington state.

The Spokane County Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies of the four University of Idaho students who were murdered in an off-campus home in the early hours of Sunday November, 13, 2022.
Autopsies of the 4 UI students completed

Last edited:
My initial thought was he's implying that one of the girls was the target and he knows this, possibly based off of info the public does not know yet, and the other was not. JMO.
I think the wounds to one of the kids was so bad that it needs to be brought up by LE. It could be a severed body part or even complete dismemberment. That would scare the crap out of the local community and hurt the university and city financially. I think that is what the Dad is getting at.

By now I think it's likely that almost everyone in their environment, outside of their close circles, has been looked at closely with a view to having proficient knife skills or otherwise.

While I'm sure that LE is looking into individuals nearby that exhibit skills with a bladed weapon, I don't imagine that would exempt anyone for the lack-thereof.

IMO, it wouldn't take much skill to ruthlessly stab multiple people that may or may not be inebriated. The only requisites I can imagine would be the will to perpetrate, the stamina to carry it out, and the physical strength needed to puncture a human body multiple times.

Interesting, I wonder of the possibility of this being two perps, with each having a slightly different style of attack, making it appear targeted. But one of the attackers is more brutal than the other.
could be more than one perp or more than one weapon or could mean different fatal injuries chosen by perp or perps.

It blows my mind that coroners can get elected/not be totally familiar with inner workings of human body. They can be a sheriff or an RN or something else entirely. I wish these autopsies were conducted by someone with experience working homicides. The coroner clearly was out of her element imo.
The Latah County Coroner wasn't the one doing the autopsies. It was the Spokane County Medical Examiner.

This makes sense. Even more horrifying for the local community if true.

Edgar Allan Poe wrote, "A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong."

If this as a personal attack motivated by a desire to avenge some perceived slight, such as rejection by one of the girls, then the killer might have wanted the victims to see his face; he might have wanted his face to be the last thing they saw as they lay dying.

That said, I am not married to any particular theory as to the motive.

very interesting re possibility of removing any mask

and even if it wasn't personal, he still might want the victim to see his expressions?
( Elliot Rodgers during the mass murder killings, was said - by a survivor - to be laughing while he conducted his sorority shootings. He didn't personally know the victims but had a grudge against the type of victims he chose)

While I'm sure that LE is looking into individuals nearby that exhibit skills with a bladed weapon, I don't imagine that would exempt anyone for the lack-thereof.

IMO, it wouldn't take much skill to ruthlessly stab multiple people that may or may not be inebriated. The only requisites I can imagine would be the will to perpetrate, the stamina to carry it out, and the physical strength needed to puncture a human body multiple times.
That is why the sentence contains the words 'or otherwise':)

LE are the only ones with the capacity and resources to put it out.
They are clearly not devoting enough time to this particular family.
Sort it! Get a highly trained liaison officer with full knowledge of the case to sit with them for a day or a half day, establish a better relationship than what currently exists!
It's not rocket science.
Once a bond has been established they will understand not to disclose certain information and they are likely to comply, IMO

Invest more than they have, stop treating them like pests if that is what is happening.
It's not going to stop the anger, it's not supposed to.
It will stop making it worse.

They wont have to tell them much at all, they won't have to compromise their investigation in any way.
This is a win/win scenario.
IMO
As I recall, the police arrested Mollie Tibbett's murderer once her father got on a plane home. SG may not realize he is creating issues for LE with his behavior. Not condemning him-no idea how a person is supposed to handle their child's murder and the grief must be overwhelming. Just pointing out that LE is faced with very complex issues - who did it, why, legal collection of evidence, coordination with prosecution to ensure the evidence will stick, while also communicating with the public and families. At the end of the day, the #1 job of LE is to get the killer arrested so the Prosecutor can convince a jury. The LE on this case appears to be doing a great job on a multiple murder case. Likely an arrest within the week, based on last night's home visits. All of this just MOO.

Interesting, I wonder of the possibility of this being two perps, with each having a slightly different style of attack, making it appear targeted. But one of the attackers is more brutal than the other.
It could also mean that the one that was attacked second (they were in the same bed) offered some resistance and/or was moving.

It does seem like something happened on the first floor since investigators used luminol and left with paper bags full of evidence. Very interesting...
Definitely interesting. I saw a quick snippet of people walking with bags in the dark and on ice - I'd be falling all over the place, lol.

Didn't know luminol was used and areas were tested. I was actually more focused on the quickness of their pace (and again picturing me falling had it been me moving in such a way). Thought it was quick retrieval of something the girls needed, but it makes more sense the walkers were after something LE needed than whatever the girls could've needed - and would been brought out as is if it were for the girls (vs evidence bags).

Now, you've got my brain going on what's with the first floor.

That’s been there for a long time.
I agree, I just hadn't seen it before until this video. It just made me wonder if killer tried the front door first, door locked, they didn't know the lock combo so it led me more towards a stranger or not anyone closely tied to the kids.

Partial quote

12/3/2022 Lawrence Jones Interview Fox News with Goncalves
Kaylee’s dad is talking about the differences between the way the victims died, wounds, stabbings-
5:42
The deaths don’t match
He says “This doesn’t have to go up the steps”
He is saying the decision for him to share information with the public lies with him, it does not have to “go up the steps“ to someone higher in command, over his head.
He then goes on to explain that he is her father, paid for her funeral, sent her to college and she came back in a box, he has the right to share.

In this portion he is not talking about the killer, the steps of the house, or sequence of deaths or anything like that. He is talking about his right to share

JMO
200000% agree. I attempted to convey this last night but you explained it more eloquently than me. :)

Autopsies are conducted by Medical Examiners, not coroners.

The coroner does not perform autopsies.
The medical examiner in Spokane Washington did all four autopsies in this case.
There are no state medical examiners in Idaho, physicians typically conduct the autopsies there, neighboring state ME’s are usually called in for high profile cases.

Autopsy confirms all 4 University of Idaho students were murdered in home near campus

“SPOKANE, Wash. — The Spokane County Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies on the four University of Idaho students who were killed inside a house near campus.”

Me thinks Dad #1 need is knowing who. Not the trial. Not following any rules-now. Not what some lawyer wants. Not what was done before. Who. Who. And he gives no thought to perceived justice, probably knowing justice will come- in some way-once he finds out who. I cannot fathom being him..he must must be heavily medicated and I just say God Bless Him and the families.

I agree it seems that way, I’m not sure that is actually what is happening here.

If Kaylee’s parents think their right to share info about an ongoing investigation with the public when there were FOUR kids murdered. That means they think their right to know is more important than the rights of Kaylee, Ethan, Xana, and Maddee to get justice for themselves and their families.
Hmmm, if that is the case they aren’t the people I thought they were, and there is a problem brewing!
So, I don’t think that is his motivation. Now then what would be the motivation for them to twice now share information that LE has not released to the public?

It could be that they are working with LE.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member