ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE is actually making progress why not say to the public “we have a lot of leads and information we are processing and feel confident we will solve this case. We can’t share any information at all bc It will hurt the integrity of the case. “ instead of adding “we have no suspect, we have no POI”. If one of these kids was mine and I kept hearing that from police, I’d do the exact same thing SG is doing. LE has given the public zero confidence. And yes LE can lie, but usually they would t straight out lie and say we have no Suspect or POI repeatedly if they did in fact have one.i think hearing LE keep saying there’s no one is what’s exacerbating the situation.

If I call in an order to-go and go pick it up in the drive-thru, my name is on the order and I give my name when I pick it up..same with my pick up grocery order, my name is the order identifier. If I have an order delivered, my address and name is on the box or bag and I usually have to sign for it. With just a name and no address, how would someone know where to deliver it unless there was more than one bag.
Not necessarily! If you’re ordering through one of the main food delivery apps, your address is in the app. The driver picks up your food with your name & the app navigates them to your address. When you receive your order, there may be a receipt with your name, or there may not. The restaurant doesn’t have your address either. Lots of restaurants, especially big chains like JIB, have their own personalized stickers, like we see here, that they use to write the customer’s name & to seal the bag shut so the driver’s can’t sneak a fry!

I think his "they're mad" comment is him interrupting himself to say LE is mad at him for what he continues to divulge. It's in the middle of him venting about what he sees as inconsistencies and defending his right to information. I don't really think it makes sense within any other context, though it is confusing because his next use of "they" is clearly not about LE.

Greetings,

Looking for any factual information about the phone calls made to one of the victims to her former boyfriend. Has the former boyfriend been questioned by police? I understand that as of December 4, 2021 7:31 PM(CST) that he is not a suspect. That there are no suspects in the case.

Satch

While I understand that the university might not like posters around town which advertise a killer is on the loose, I think they're living in denial if they think posters in town would compromise enrolment when numerous countries, states, tv stations, newspapers and blogs have been talking about this murder for three weeks.

I wonder whether there is some municipal bylaw not allowing posters. In a university town where they have entertainment venues, bars advertising entertainment, ads for looking for rentals, cars for sale, etc etc maybe they just cracked down on all posters to stop the place looking run down and messy.

Living in Toronto I used to see thousands upon thousands of adverts for concerts months old peeling off telephone poles, lamp posts, hording around building sites and any vertical surface someone could find to glue a poster to. Now there is a bylaw regarding posters and it's actively enforced. There are kiosks and message boards approved for posters to limit the untidiness.

IMO, this alleged position about the University not being supportive of the investigation and engaging in PR mode doesn't follow the actions where posters and bracelets were distributed (on University property) at the Campus sponsored Vigil on 11/30/22.

12/2/22​

Four Dead University of Idaho​

A flyer seeking information about the killings of four University of Idaho students who were found dead on Nov. 13, 2022, is displayed on a table along with buttons and bracelets, Wednesday, Nov. 30 during a vigil in memory of the victims in Moscow, Idaho. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

View attachment 384975

I am a little super freaky when it comes to personal safety, but when I have to use my name for deliveries and / or in public places, I use a nickname so that if someone uses it later, I know that they don't actually know me. odd, but if someone rings my place and uses that name and I haven't ordered anything, I feel free to say that. and just did a few weeks ago. so it's a good tip. if I'm not sure, I ask what the order is - specifically the sender. I'm not buzzing in a random person with a maybe package. this is jmo about one way to be safe and cautious.
I have a fake Uber name and I am always startled when they ask me if I am “fake name”. I’m sure they could just Google the address and find the occupants anyway-the whole premise of Uber is crazy, giving strangers your name and address, and in many cases, they are dealing with intoxicated individuals.
In my experience, it is rare to release actual profile material while an investigation is ongoing. I will even go so far as to say that there were scrupulous rules in place about who even got to see initial profiles or ongoing updates (I was helping in profiling - I could talk to no one except 2 specific people - who then had me leave the room while they discussed the profile).

I was not privy to what other profilers had to say about the same crimes, but LE had its own expert who did that coordination and overall summation work.

Later, of course, I learned that all of us working on this situation (including a Ph.D. in psychometry who was really good with testing the various suspects) had very similar views, although I didn't even know what crime was involved, precisely, when I was called in.

When we read transcripts of things that were spoken out loud to a particular person, it often sounds word salady. Hand gestures, facial expressions are crucial in interpreting spoken pronouns. This wasn't a written speech, is my understand.

That being said, I cannot tell who is mad in this example - and a good interviewer would realize that and try to help us clarify.
I watched that interview live and I wanted them to cut to commercial. I think everybody was afraid that SG was going to blurt something out that he should not have said. I think everyone was just holding their breath. I was glad that the interviewer did not press SG to clarify much.

What K’s father says makes perfect sense to me. If the killer came in thru the sliding doors on the second floor and E&Z were the targets…common sense says he could have left after killing them. No need to go downstsirs…and he did not. No need to go upstairs,but he DID!

Putting that together with what he knows about the difference in the manner of death…one probably much more violent…he believes that one of the girls was the target. IIRC a comment was made in an earlier interview, expressing sorrow that ‘other people had been hurt’ by K’s mother I believe.

It’s my guess that they believe their daughter was the target.

So, do they not release profiles based on actual evidence anymore? Its only for law enforcement?

Also, thanks for the response! Everything is all over the place and a lot to keep up with!
Profiles can actually (and usually do) change as evidence processing starts coming in.

BAU could start with a baseline profile off of preliminary evidence only then to significantly alter that profile if something comes in that requires it to be changed.

MOO.

"The father of one of the University of Idaho stabbing victims said he believes either his daughter or her best friend was targeted in the violent attack, despite cops insisting they are unsure who was the intended victim.

Steven Goncalves, the father of 21-year-old Kaylee Goncalves, said he thought it was obvious that either his daughter or Madison Mogen, 21, was targeted in the attack because they were sleeping in the same bed on the top floor of the house - well out of the way of the killer's entry point a floor below."

I don’t think the Jack in the Box bag is significant. I think X was out running errands or hanging out with friends or whatever, called in a fast food order, and she picked it up on her way home. She could have ordered it days before and just left the bag sitting on the table/counter.
Yes. Is there any link that shows the date of the order was the day/night of the murders?

Greetings,

Looking for any factual information about the phone calls made to one of the victims to her former boyfriend. Has the former boyfriend been questioned by police? I understand that as of December 4, 2021 7:31 PM(CST) that he is not a suspect. That there are no suspects in the case.

Satch

Who is NOT believed to be involved?

Two surviving roommates,

Male in the Grub Truck surveillance video,

Private party driver who took Kaylee and Madison home on November 13th,

The male Kaylee and Madison called numerous times during the early morning hours of November 13th,

Any individual at the residence when 911 was called, or

The individual on the lease who moved out of the residence before the school year started and was not present at the time of the incident.

Source

I'm starting to feel some type of way about the father, Goncalves. I just am no longer getting the grieving father vibe, I'm getting creep vibes off him. Kinda like, "me dost think ye protest too much" type thing.
Am I the only one?
hes desperate to keep this case from going cold I think

Releasing evidence that only investigators and the killer knows, like two sleeping in one bed, is a serious problem. Feeding a threat to keep releasing info if not included in investigators findings could create an endless loop of info being released to the public. Then the killer knows what LE knows and also inspires false confessions bogging down LE chasing false leads.

Not to mention the time away from focus on their real job, (solving a crime and gathering enough evidence for a conviction), in order to counsel grieving families.
The two sleeping in one bed was speculated by many on WS. I don’t think Mr. G has released anything that would jeopardize the investigation. IMO, there are probably mega things not released to the public that would prevent any false confessions.

what does he mean by "They're mad." Who is they? This sounds a little like word salad... Any chance K&M were on the 2nd floor too? (No one has said that from the 3rd floor , you cannot hear noise on the second floor. BTW.)
I’m not so sure he was saying “they’re mad”. When I watched the interview, it sounded like he went “their man- their points of damage don’t match”. I thought he was going to say manner of death & then correctly himself because, of course, their manner of death is homicide.

Whoever armed themselves with a Rambo style knife and travelled to that house, did so with the intention of killing those girls inside. I think Ethan may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was likely attacked first, whilst he slept. He would be wounded before Xana could fully comprehend what was happening. We know she woke up, since reports say Xana had defense wounds and fought for her life. You would think a person may snap out of a psychotic episode after such a struggle, but clearly still enraged, the killdr walked the stairs and repeated the same horror in the 2nd bedroom. Attacking Kaylee as she slept, waking Maddie, who also tried to get her bearings, and fought for her life.
I believe this killer is slipping under the radar due to the fact, the police believe this monster to be a man. I would be zeroing in on ALL the girls who were known to these victims. Something motivated the killer to commit this deranged act. I think the motuve has more to do with jealousy than it being some sicko targeting these girls.. for what?. There was no sexual element involved. It was pure rage. I do hope a motive emerges soon, else this will end up being a cold case very soon.

The two sleeping in one bed was speculated by many on WS. I don’t think Mr. G has released anything that would jeopardize the investigation. IMO, there are probably mega things not released to the public that would prevent any false confessions.
Imo the reporter released more "important" details to the public than did Mr. G. The reporter broke the news that one person was hurt more than the others, and that one unhurt roommate and a frat member saw one dead victim. We talked about it earlier today. From the fox interview last night, Saturday.

But, as I mentioned before, the reporter coyly tries to get Mr. G to say these things in the interview.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member