ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind always goes back to the Mayor's initial statements, "crime of passion". I know how close mayors are to the police, especially in a small town. My father in law was a mayor for 14 years. I know he walked that back, but it does resonate. imo.

When my friend died she had small glass bottles with her ashes in a basket at her memorial for her friends to take if they wanted, she had a large social circle.
They make all kinds of choices like this now to divide ashes between friends and family members, even including jewelry.
KG’s dad said their ashes were side by side at his house but that doesn’t necessarily mean he has an urn with all of her best friend’s ashes.
I knew about the jewelry, I didn't know about the rest. Thanks for sharing that.

If you have the stomach for it, go to Twitter and search mall stabbing. A quick jab to the neck and jugular was hit; he goes down in seconds. Someone sleeping might manage to stand up but I doubt any of them put up much, if any, fight. Coroner said words to the effect—one fatal wound and multiple non-fatal. Also said upper torso so might not have been arterial spray so blood would have pooled in bed. I think one got up or fell off bed in a struggle and never got back up hence blood running down side of house. Coroner said bruising on some wounds indicating person was moving. I pray it was fast and shock prevented any pain. JMO

I was in a bar when someone was stabbed in the neck. The only reason I knew was because I saw the entire thing happen.

Guys walks up behind the other guy, took a knife and jabbed it into the side of his neck and pulled across. Victim fell immediately to the ground. Not a sound was made. The attacker just kept walking, walked out the bar. I was the one who yelled to get a bouncer and call 911. Only a few of us facing the victim even knew because we saw it, otherwise it would have been completely unnoticed.

Last edited:
I asked the same exact thing yesterday (even the part about setting fire to it). Like what does targeting a house even mean? Is someone enraged by the structure, the design, the materials used in its construction …… or the people who live in it?
By targeting a house or residence the police are saying that the perp may not have targeted the victims for a personal reason or even known them. It is saying that the perp wanted to murder someone that was a particular type, say young, pretty, college woman. He targeted the specific victims because of characteristics of the house - easy entry and exit, no cameras, little or broken outside lights, etc. IMO I think this perp may have actually attended one or more parties at this house which gave him some insight into the layout inside and he may even have gotten the code for the,outside lock from someone.

There also may not be much dna. Eliza Fletcher was raped even though they didn't report it. MOO.
We don't know that this killer bled and maybe he was masked, gloved etc. They did say it was a messy crime scene, however, so hoping he did.
Agree, in fact there may be no discernable DNA from the perp.

Steve had speculated that the bed was made in a picture he had seen-I’m not sure which picture he was referring to when he made that statement. The picture I’ve seen of the 3rd floor bedroom with the slider shows the covers pulled back IMO.

Kaylee’s bedroom was the bed with the slider. If Brian Entin said that was the room they were found in, that would have been Kaylee’s room - unless Maddie recently moved into that room.

The rumor is that the girls were found together in the bedroom with the sliding door. In actuality, all of this is speculation because I don’t believe LE has confirmed:

- in which room the 3rd floor girls were found
- that they were found together
I thought they said they were in Ms room?

and closest jib is in pullman, right?

That's about a 15-20 min drive, so it's not far, although I also wouldn't describe it as close.
More likely that if your close to that area or another reason, you'd grab food from there. Unless you REALLY crave JIB, and personally I have a hard time seeing someone being that big of a fan.

Are we certain the bedroom doors lock automatically?
I'm not too familiar with coded locks. I've used them in hostels mostly where they lock automatically.
Also are we certain that the bedrooms still had coded locks?
I know a former tenant said each bedroom had coded locks.

I think most people in the world don't lock their bedroom doors at night.
I lock mine only when I leave the house as a deterrent to burglars.

The most recent photos from Zillow show just standard bedroom locks with the lock in the knob.

SG: “He doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games! Guys! I need somebody to step up and be an alpha, be somebody to be a leader! Don’t make me do it! I don’t wanna do it! He doesn’t have to go up those steps. They’re mad. Their, their points of damage don’t match. I’m just gonna say it... Wasn’t leaked to me, I earned that. I payed for that funeral. I paid for that. It’s my right! You ain’t takin’ that from me!

Mom: “Calm down.”

SG: “If you don’t wanna say nothing, that’s your bed... But don’t say I’m leakin’ anything, I paid that bill! I sent my daughter to college to get an education, she came back in a box, and I can speak on that.”

I wonder if the "overkill" on Kaylee is because she woke up and began to fiercely fight back against the murderer? The two girls were in the same bed, perhaps Madison was killed first, relatively quickly, but Kaylee woke up and began to strongly resist. The murderer would have then needed to quickly inflict more injuries on Kaylee in order to subdue her. Perhaps that's the reason for the different level of injuries. My opinion only.

Last edited:
agree with the principle of your second paragraph but regarding the first

if SG doesn't have access to the Chapins & so he has no idea of Ethan's injuries or ' points of damage' as Steve called them, can he be sure that anybody on the 3rd Floor was more targeted than another person in the house?
What SG knows about E & X is most likely the same as what we know, based on info put out there by MSM & LE. If he doesn't have first hand knowledge than it's by pure speculation (just like us here).

SG stated that he's using logic and putting pieces together. The reason he thinks 1 or both people on the 3rd floor was/were targeted was due to the extra effort the killer made to take the stairs up to the 3rd floor. Not to mention that it's been known since the beginning that the 3rd floor was the bloodiest part of the crime seen. If E and/or X were the target, why even go upstairs?

That's about a 15-20 min drive, so it's not far, although I also wouldn't describe it as close.
More likely that if your close to that area or another reason, you'd grab food from there. Unless you REALLY crave JIB, and personally I have a hard time seeing someone being that big of a fan.

The most recent photos from Zillow show just standard bedroom locks with the lock in the knob.
As a mom of a WSU student, they go back and forth between Pullman and Moscow often. It's very close. I kind of missed the discussion about Jack in the box. Was this a bag seen on the table in one of the photos? And it sounds like we aren't sure of the date on the receipt...correct? Maybe the missing time frame was E and X getting hungry and craving JIB and that's where they went during a portion of those missing hours. ? Just guessing!

TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S MOM, DAD AND SISTER - PART 1

4 December.

Mom - I know she was hurt. Hurt so bad that she is not able to recover. That is just terrible.

Sister - I know, it's okay.

Mom - It's terrible. I cannot fathom in my head what kind of person did this.

Dad - Who's capable of this.

Mom - And why?. I can't sleep at night. I lay in bed pondering just millions of different scenarios and just.. I want to know, but there's stuff you obviously don't want to know, you know?, but I think I want to know it all and..

Sister - You're ok.

Mom - I just don't understand why. How somebody could take somebody.. the 4, 4 of them, it wasn't just my girl just so savagely.. (a definite cut in video at this point).

Entin - Is anyone acting differently since the murders?. I mean, is there anyone that you have a weird feeling about?. That the girls knew or that comes to mind?.
Sister - Yeah, I would say, not in the immediate circle by any means, but a few of the names that have been circulating around, I think it's hard not to kind of, you know, dig into this and I don't know how much of that is just because we have so little information from law enforcement and how much of it really is, you know, a sister or a father's intuition.

Entin - Can you elaborate at all?. You don't have to give a name, but I mean, is it someone that she knew or..?

Mom - I have something to say about that. I just feel like there's been a couple of individuals that were cleared very fast that maybe they shouldn't but, and, yeah..

Dad - Share the strong alibi, if you can just dismiss..

Mom - ..just really fast, just, you know, an hour later and we're like 'what?' and, I don't know. I don't know anything about those individuals. I just know they were people that definitely should have been looked at and yeah.

Dad - I don't know what would prevent you from sharing somebody's alibi.

Sister - Yeah, I think that's what we're struggling with. So it's like, you know, we know what we know. We've fought for J., Kaylee's boyfriend and, you know, we still stand that way. So, I did just kind of want to clear that up while we're talking through this ambiguity that, you know, that's not what we're honing in on here.

Mom - No, it's not.

Dad - We don't want to make more victims out of innocent people.

Sister - Exactly.

Dad - We definitely don't want to do that.

Entin - You've mentioned before that you didn't want to have a funeral right now because the killer's still out there. Is that something that you're still thinking about?. Are you nervous at all?. I mean, because in Moscow we talked to students. People are really nervous there.

Dad - They should be.

Sister - Yeah.

Dad - Targeted to me seems behaviour based. That's why I don't like it and it kind of pits the parents against each other, so, I don't like that. I just told some of the other parents today that 'if your daughter.. no ill will from me man'. To me, if you go have a couple of beers or go out and hang out with your friends and then come home and go to bed, if that's your target, then I think we all do that. I think we all come home and go to our beds.

Mom - That makes us all targets.

Dad - Yeah, so it..

Entin - So, it's kind of a bad word then?. I mean, it doesn't really make sense in some ways.

Dad - Exactly.

Entin - In the past you have told me that. You said 'I think it was kind of a weird word to choose'.

Dad - Yeah, I mean, it makes sense if there was some bad behaviour that they did. Let's say they came from a strip club or something and then somebody followed them home. That's a targeted thing. That's what comes.. I've had innocent people that were interviewed that were their neighbours and they said 'I'd be a lot more scared if it wasn't targeted, because I'm not doing anything to target me', and I'm like 'well, if targeting is just going to bed with your friend...'.

Entin - So, maybe that was just a way to calm people down?.

Dad - I feel like it was strategic.

Sister - Yeah.

Dad - It was a strategic way to keep people from hitting the door, transfering out and turning that place into a ghost town.

Sister - You never think you're going to lose your little sister. Never. You never think you're going to have to bury you daughter.

Mom - Absolutely unbelievable. It's nothing, nothing compared to the way that I feel and I don't know if.. I mean, it's several things, it's her age, it's how it happened. Why it happened. Who did this to her?.

Dad - It's her life.. just graduating.

Mom - Who did this to her and her friends. The fact that she was with her best friend. I mean, since they were little girls.

Last edited:
Maybe some explainations, y'all let me know what y all think.
Maybe x and e were targets, blood coming down concrete wall doesnt sit well with me. Maybe k and m were not sleeping together intially. Maybe dog alerted one of them and they both went to her room out of fear. MO the killer wouldve ran if he encountered ethan in the house if ethan did not know who he was. The fact that e and x parents have been quiet makes me feel like they may feel some kind of guilt. Maybe girls didnt call police because they may have illegal things in the house(drugs, its college) so they called them the ex bf. LE states that E and X arrived 11 minutes before k and m returned home. Maybe they walked in on the act and were corralled into m's room and told to be quiet or ill kill you

I wonder if the "overkill" on Kaylee is because she woke up and began to fiercely fight back against the murderer? The two girls were in the same bed, perhaps Madison was killed first, relatively quickly, but Kaylee woke up and began to strongly resist. The murderer would have then needed to quickly inflict more injuries on Kaylee in order to subdue her. Perhaps that's the reason for the different level of injuries. My opinion only.
Not my interpretation. I say the target(s) were on 2nd floor, hence the comment, 'he didn't have to go up those steps".

The focus of discussion often tends toward the girls upstairs being targeted, but is that the case?

That is my thought too. She was awake and fighting so she got it worse. MOO

INTERVIEW WITH KAYLEE'S MOM, DAD AND SISTER - PART 1

4 December.

Mom - I know she was hurt. Hurt so bad that she is not able to recover. That is just terrible.

Sister - I know, it's okay.

Mom - It's terrible. I cannot fathom in my head what kind of person did this.

Dad - Who's capable of this.

Mom - And why?. I can't sleep at night. I lay in bed pondering just millions of different scenarios and just.. I want to know, but there's stuff you obviously don't want to know, you know?, but I think I want to know it all and..

Sister - You're ok.

Mom - I just don't understand why. How somebody could take somebody.. the 4, 4 of them, it wasn't just my girl just so savagely.. (a definite cut in video at this point).

Entin - Is anyone acting differently since the murders?. I mean, is there anyone that you have a weird feeling about?. That the girls knew or that comes to mind?.
Sister - Yeah, I would say, not in the immediate circle by any means, but a few of the names that have been circulating around, I think it's hard not to kind of, you know, dig into this and I don't know how much of that is just because we have so little information from law enforcement and how much of it really is, you know, a sister or a father's intuition.

Entin - Can you elaborate at all?. You don't have to give a name, but I mean, is it someone that she knew or..?

Mom - I have something to say about that. I just feel like there's been a couple of individuals that were cleared very fast that maybe they shouldn't but, and, yeah..

Dad - Share the strong alibi, if you can just dismiss..

Mom - ..just really fast, just, you know, an hour later and we're like 'what?' and, I don't know. I don't know anything about those individuals. I just know they were people that definitely should have been looked at and yeah.

Dad - I don't know what would prevent you from sharing somebody's alibi.

Sister - Yeah, I think that's what we're struggling with. So it's like, you know, we know what we know. We've fought for J., Kaylee's boyfriend and, you know, we still stand that way. So, I did just kind of want to clear that up while we're talking through this ambiguity that, you know, that's not what we're honing in on here.

Mom - No, it's not.

Dad - We don't want to make more victims out of innocent people.

Sister - Exactly.

Dad - We definitely don't want to do that.

Entin - You've mentioned before that you didn't want to have a funeral right now because the killer's still out there. Is that something that you're still thinking about?. Are you nervous at all?. I mean, because in Moscow we talked to students. People are really nervous there.

Dad - They should be.

Sister - Yeah.

Dad - Targeted to me seems behaviour based. That's why I don't like it and it kind of pits the parents against each other, so, I don't like that. I just told some of the other parents today that 'if your daughter.. no ill will from me man'. To me, if you go have a couple of beers or go out and hang out with your friends and then come home and go to bed, if that's your target, then I think we all do that. I think we all come home and go to our beds.

Mom - That makes us all targets.

Dad - Yeah, so it..

Entin - So, it's kind of a bad word then?. I mean, it doesn't really make sense in some ways.

Dad - Exactly.

Entin - In the past you have told me that. You said 'I think it was kind of a weird word to choose'.

Dad - Yeah, I mean, it makes sense if there was some bad behaviour that they did. Let's say they came from a strip club or something and then somebody followed them home. That's a targeted thing. That's what comes.. I've had innocent people that were interviewed that were their neighbours and they said 'I'd be a lot more scared if it wasn't targeted, because I'm not doing anything to target me', and I'm like 'well, if targeting is just going to bed with your friend...'.

Entin - So, maybe that was just a way to calm people down?.

Dad - I feel like it was strategic.

Sister - Yeah.

Dad - It was a strategic way to keep people from hitting the door, transfering out and turning that place into a ghost town.

Sister - You never think you're going to lose your little sister. Never. You never think you're going to have to bury you daughter.

Mom - Absolutely unbelievable. It's nothing, nothing compared to the way that I feel and I don't know if.. I mean, it's several things, it's her age, it's how it happened. Why it happened. Who did this to her?.

Dad - It's her life.. just graduating.

Mom - Who did this to her and her friends. The fact that she was with her best friend. I mean, since they were little girls.

Dad made interesting statements that "targeted" meant behavior-based.

Perhaps killer was motivated by a huge disapproval and loathing of his victims' lifestyle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member