ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Entin’s special last night stated that they were in Maddie’s room. It’s not referenced in the written article but it’s in the video at the end of it.

Well that's a new development; I surmise that most of us had assumed that the incident unfolded in K's room.

There were defensive wounds on at least one victim and also people are incredulous at how perp could get away with doing this to 4 people.
How do you believe the reports of defensive wounds plays into this?

Does anyone have any data on cold case progression? Specifically how long it typically takes for unsolved cases such as these to become a cold case? Now that, apparently, much of the DNA results have returned, if we don’t see any significant updates by the end of this week, it leads me to believe that is well where this may end up…
Is there a source you have for much of the DNA results returning? I know a ton of progress has been made since I was in the field, but there is no way ‘much’ of the DNA results have returned. But please let me know if you have a source on this because I’d love to see! :)

I’ll pull some data charts for you on cold cases in the meantime.

I strongly disagree. I was in a sorority at a Big 10 school and graduated in 2021…it is very common for seniors to drop their sorority because they don’t want to pay dues anymore. I didn’t drop, but I had plenty of friends, in my house and in others, who did. JMO
I strongly disagree. I went to a major university in the south and it was practically unheard of unless they dropped out as a pledge prior to initiation. I am still active as an alum so while I may have graduated years before you, I am still very involved. But, as I said the previous time I posted my opinion, each university and Greek experience is different. I don't think it would be wise for any of us to paint this picture using the same brush and colors as what OUR experience was with sororities or fraternities. MOO IMO

And commit four bloody, very bloody murders and leave no trail? how? curious.
I agree. There is a picture of blood running down the outside wall of E and X bedroom. The amount of blood that was lost in that house that night makes me think there is no way this person just left and walked away. Someone knows something. There is bloody clothes somewhere and a knife and possible a car that was detailed.

M. room was the smaller one on hhe 3rd floor, the room WITHOUT sliding door. Her distinguished pink cowgirl boots and letter M were seen on the images taken by Daily Mail reporter 10 days after the murders.

View attachment 385101

When I first saw this photo in one of the earlier threads, I thought to myself that if one of the upstairs girls was the target of the killer and he knew her name and he was not familiar with the home, but watched it from outside, this would be like an arrow pointing to the girl who slept in that room. Reminds of the little kids who put signs on their doors i.e. “Joey’s Room”

Is there a source you have for much of the DNA results returning? I know a ton of progress has been made since I was in the field, but there is no way ‘much’ of the DNA results have returned. But please let me know if you have a source on this because I’d love to see! :)

I’ll pull some data charts for you on cold cases in the meantime.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has approved Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Applied Biosystems™ RapidHIT™ ID System for use by accredited forensic DNA laboratories to process DNA reference samples and search resulting profiles against the U.S. National DNA Index System (NDIS) CODIS database without manual interpretation and review.*

The RapidHIT ID System is a fully automated, sample-to-answer genetic analyzer, allowing for analysis of DNA reference samples in as little as 90 minutes.

My opinion.

How did we find out SG (the family I guess) has both K & M's urns? I'm having trouble searching the short word "urn". I'd like to know if that's correct and why. JMO

Not all stalkers are killers. Not all rapists are killers. Not all pedophiles are killers. Not all killers are pathological killers. Not all pathological killers kill multiples at a time. While all have a certain level of depravity to be sure, it takes a unique kind of mindset to systematically and efficiently bludgeon four young people to death while they sleep. While not impossible, it is doubtful that anyone in their close circle had these kinds of characteristics. Something like this represents a disturbing pattern of behavior, and one that would have been noticed and wouldn't have blended well socially. Not a frat brother. Not a sorority sister. Not a bar fly. Probably not even a fellow student.

My opinion.

I thought early on that police were saying targeted because one person had injuries that were different to the others. IMO, K’s injuries being described as ‘more brutal’ mean stab wounds to the face as opposed to just the chest and upper body. I could be totally wrong, just MO.

Not all stalkers are killers. Not all rapists are killers. Not all pedophiles are killers. Not all killers are pathological killers. Not all pathological killers kill multiples at a time. While all have a certain level of depravity to be sure, it takes a unique kind of mindset to systematically and efficiently bludgeon four young people to death while they sleep. While not impossible, it is doubtful that anyone in their close circle had these kinds of characteristics. Something like this represents a disturbing pattern of behavior, and one that would have been noticed and wouldn't have blended well socially. Not a frat brother. Not a sorority sister. Not a bar fly. Probably not even a fellow student.

My opinion.
I'm afraid that isn't true--always. Bundy was much admired, even thought of as future political leader. BTK was church elder or deacon. Many have "normal" family lives.

I believe they meant “out on the town”, separately.

ETA This case has gotten to me. A helicopter just shined a spotlight on my back patio & I almost jumped outta my skin.
I totally get you. This morning, (Mon. Bc I’m behind.) I looked out the window and saw a thin streak across my back yard and I thought look at that crime scene tape! It was the sun shining between the pine trees. What a nut!

I'm afraid that isn't true--always. Bundy was much admired, even thought of as future political leader. BTK was church elder or deacon. Many have "normal" family lives.

Like many narcissists, they were image conscious and publicly admired, but folks that they were even remotely close to (few and far between) had stories to tell.

My opinion.

I didn't know that private investigators are working the case.
he kept hinting that they'd offered to help him out on the side so thanks for the confirmation.

"because he fears cops in the major case are too “inexperienced.....
Steve Goncalves raised his fears Sunday in an exclusive interview with The Post, saying he was also concerned one suspicious character had been ruled out too quickly — seemingly allowing him to flee the country without taking a DNA test.
He lashed out at the lack of leads coming from cops.....
One of the murder squad officers is only 26, he complained, meaning he was only 19 when the sleepy city of Moscow last had a slaying, in 2015.
“So they’re just inexperienced — and I don’t want anyone making mistakes in my child’s case,” Goncalves told The Post, also blasting the officers as “not exactly the most tech-savvy people.”
“One of the private detectives I talked to has 50 years in the game,” he said of his outside help

( he also points finger at a particular individual)

context:
80 -100 LEO on this case, made-up of MPD, ISP and FBI ( 80 was reported by Idaho reporter a week ago, up to a 100 mentioned by Banfield on her last show)

think we all appreciate why this can be problematic - from last time we discussed it on the threads

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member